slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by slm1948 on Nov 27, 08 1:56 PM
I haven't been able to get all the lights on either. And it's frustrating when I pay an extra $6.99 for a strategy guide and it's no help. It just says "after you get all the lights to go on...." Gee, thanks! Not!

Edited on 11/27/2008 at 1:56:57 PM PST


 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 27, 08 2:13 PM
Annietano wrote:I finally got all the lights to light up, but I can't get a dial tone on the phone. How do you fix that?
You have to fix the wires and get the phone number from the room at the Gingerbread House before the phone will give you a dial tone.

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 27, 08 2:15 PM
slm1948 wrote:I haven't been able to get all the lights on either. And it's frustrating when I pay an extra $6.99 for a strategy guide and it's no help. It just says "after you get all the lights to go on...." Gee, thanks! Not!
I have posted a numbered picture of how to do the lights on the wires in my Photobucket.

When you go to photobucket search for MCF RTR and some of my pictures in that album will show up. Put your cursor over any picture by LizzieK_photos and click on that and then choose All Albums. Then you can look at any of the game albums I have.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 2:00:19 PM PST


 
Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Annietano on Nov 27, 08 3:47 PM
Okay, I fixed the wires in the toy store basement, waited for what I think is the dial tone, although it's very faint, dialed the number from the attic in the gingerbread house, and nothing happens. Are there supposed to be some batteries or something else in that little box to the left of the receiver hook?

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 3:48 PM
Annietano wrote:Okay, I fixed the wires in the toy store basement, waited for what I think is the dial tone, although it's very faint, dialed the number from the attic in the gingerbread house, and nothing happens. Are there supposed to be some batteries or something else in that little box to the left of the receiver hook?


Click on the receiver hook on the left side of the phone to activate the dial tone

 
Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Annietano on Nov 27, 08 4:04 PM
Never mind prpldva - I FINALLY got the door to open. Whew!! That was a toughie! Thanks for the help! Oh, and stick around, I may need you again :-)

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 4:10 PM
Annietano wrote:Never mind prpldva - I FINALLY got the door to open. Whew!! That was a toughie! Thanks for the help! Oh, and stick around, I may need you again :-)


Ok- good! What was the trouble?

Glad you were able to work it out!

Have fun and enjoy the game!

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Nov 27, 08 5:24 PM
Ok, I am well and truly stuck. I cannot even open the thing because it looks like I need bug spray. Have I found bug spray? NO! I've been everywhere. I even downloaded the five minute trial strategy guide to try to find it. Nada again. LOL. I'm so frustrated, I'm pulling the poor hair out in hanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 5:30 PM
Ucwatuget wrote:Ok, I am well and truly stuck. I cannot even open the thing because it looks like I need bug spray. Have I found bug spray? NO! I've been everywhere. I even downloaded the five minute trial strategy guide to try to find it. Nada again. LOL. I'm so frustrated, I'm pulling the poor hair out in hanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


You will find the bug spray in one of the hidden object areas- in the school

 
tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by tezaber on Nov 27, 08 5:33 PM
I agree with everyone here....this telephone thing is time-wasting nonsense! And there is NO option for a "Solve Puzzle" hint!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I purchased this game hoping the series would get back to the good ol' days of Prime Suspect...instead, there's nothing but those obnoxious door puzzles yet again (whoever created them should be shot because they're too clever for their own darned good...and that's NOT a good thing) and, in my opinion, this is the WORST game of the lot. It stopped being fun about 2 hours ago and this telephone garbage is the last straw. The creators of the game can take their telephone puzzles and shove 'em! I certainly won't be waiting for the next in the series unless it goes back to something enjoyable instead of frustrating.

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 5:34 PM
tezaber wrote:I agree with everyone here....this telephone thing is time-wasting nonsense! And there is NO option for a "Solve Puzzle" hint!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I purchased this game hoping the series would get back to the good ol' days of Prime Suspect...instead, there's nothing but those obnoxious door puzzles yet again (whoever created them should be shot because they're too clever for their own darned good...and that's NOT a good thing) and, in my opinion, this is the WORST game of the lot. It stopped being fun about 2 hours ago and this telephone garbage is the last straw. The creators of the game can take their telephone puzzles and shove 'em! I certainly won't be waiting for the next in the series unless it goes back to something enjoyable instead of frustrating.


Gamezebo has a screen shot of this puzzle......hope it helps you

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Nov 27, 08 5:36 PM
prpldva wrote:
Ucwatuget wrote:Ok, I am well and truly stuck. I cannot even open the thing because it looks like I need bug spray. Have I found bug spray? NO! I've been everywhere. I even downloaded the five minute trial strategy guide to try to find it. Nada again. LOL. I'm so frustrated, I'm pulling the poor hair out in hanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


You will find the bug spray in one of the hidden object areas- in the school


Thanks for your help but there are no more hidden object areas to be done. Sigh. I must have done something wrong. I will have to start over again. Oh, well. I always play MCF repeatedly anyway so this will be my opportunity to complete it correctly. LOL. Thanks for your input!

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 5:39 PM
Ucwatuget wrote:
prpldva wrote:
Ucwatuget wrote:Ok, I am well and truly stuck. I cannot even open the thing because it looks like I need bug spray. Have I found bug spray? NO! I've been everywhere. I even downloaded the five minute trial strategy guide to try to find it. Nada again. LOL. I'm so frustrated, I'm pulling the poor hair out in hanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


You will find the bug spray in one of the hidden object areas- in the school


Thanks for your help but there are no more hidden object areas to be done. Sigh. I must have done something wrong. I will have to start over again. Oh, well. I always play MCF repeatedly anyway so this will be my opportunity to complete it correctly. LOL. Thanks for your input!


Wait- before you do that- what do you have in inventory?

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Nov 27, 08 7:00 PM
prpldva wrote:
Ucwatuget wrote:
prpldva wrote:
Ucwatuget wrote:Ok, I am well and truly stuck. I cannot even open the thing because it looks like I need bug spray. Have I found bug spray? NO! I've been everywhere. I even downloaded the five minute trial strategy guide to try to find it. Nada again. LOL. I'm so frustrated, I'm pulling the poor hair out in hanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


You will find the bug spray in one of the hidden object areas- in the school


Thanks for your help but there are no more hidden object areas to be done. Sigh. I must have done something wrong. I will have to start over again. Oh, well. I always play MCF repeatedly anyway so this will be my opportunity to complete it correctly. LOL. Thanks for your input!


Wait- before you do that- what do you have in inventory?


I have a rag, stick, funnel, screwdriver, rope, and kerosene filled jar. I placed all the letters on the door except I haven't yet found the R or the name of the son to input.

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Nov 27, 08 9:01 PM
Yes, I've found the phone number. Thanks again for all your help. Wow!

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 28, 08 4:43 AM
Ucwatuget wrote:Yes, I've found the phone number. Thanks again for all your help. Wow!


YOu're very welcome! Have fun and enjoy the game!

 
craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by craskehouse on Nov 28, 08 4:56 AM
Still trying to get all the lights to light up for phone conection!

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 28, 08 4:57 AM
craskehouse wrote:Still trying to get all the lights to light up for phone conection!


I think lizziek did a numbered diagram of that puzzle at her photobucket.

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 28, 08 5:02 AM
craskehouse wrote:Still trying to get all the lights to light up for phone conection!
I have posted a picture of that solved puzzle. If you go to page 1 of the Tips and Tricks for this game and look for my post, there are instructions on how to find the pictures.

Good luck and have fun!

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Toy Store - Workroom/Telephone

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 28, 08 5:18 AM
Thanks Wendy. Getting stuck in a game is not fun so I'm glad I can help.

 
 
 
 
Go to: