Re:New version available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull™ Collector's Edition-November 24th 2

[Post New]by emeraude226 on Nov 24, 10 9:11 AM
I've tried 3 times and it stills doesn't want to download I want to play so much, I really feel like crying right now

Re:New version available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull™ Collector's Edition-November 24th 2

[Post New]by lilac29 on Nov 24, 10 9:30 AM
downloading third time. this time as admin. game manager was not responding. had too restart computer. than i went too game manager and the game for downloading was not there. wish me luck

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 24, 10 10:13 AM
4th time of trying to download--------------------no joy so far :-(((

[Post New]by lilac29 on Nov 24, 10 10:21 AM
i ran as admin. and download worked.if anyone has windows 7 try running as admin.that is what i did and it worked

dreampop
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dreampop on Nov 24, 10 11:10 AM
I had to uninstall the other version and then reinstall new version and it works now thanxs off to play whoooohooooo

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 24, 10 12:37 PM
I'm downloading for 3rd time now. My first ended in failure at 3 a.m. this morning. My second failed a few minutes ago. This time I deleted the file and am reinstalling. Hoping this works. I'm a bit discouraged and envious of those who are playing now. Fingers and toes crossed that this works.

[Post New]by ZippyDoo51 on Nov 24, 10 2:06 PM
Hooray! Have downloaded the game successfully, thanks Bigfish you have made a little fishie very happy, now too play.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Nov 24, 10 3:06 PM
thanks for all the input, i will download first of december, as its three credits for my next card, cant wait ,and all the bugs will be fixed by then, looks great. must have patence, thanks fellow fishes, san

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull™ Collector's Edition-November 24th

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Nov 24, 10 3:11 PM
sanpry wrote:thanks for all the input, i will download first of december, as its three credits for my next card, cant wait ,and all the bugs will be fixed by then, looks great. must have patence, thanks fellow fishes, san

How can you wait that long?? MCF has become our family's Thanksgiving tradition, and when the teens leave for college next year, I'm certain it'll lure them back home more than sleeping in their own beds.

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Nov 24, 10 4:55 PM
Well it still does not work, got through the demo and when I went to download the full version after buying it all I get is error downloading message and have tried 3 times to download it,any HELP??????

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Nov 24, 10 5:09 PM
Downloading now...slowly. All I can say is I better not have any problems playing it after the Demo played just fine and I spent the money on it.

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Nov 24, 10 5:17 PM
definitely not fixed here. DL demo took about an hour then once it finished it started DL again !! geesh

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull™ Collector's Edition-November 24th

[Post New]by jpflier on Nov 24, 10 5:23 PM
canajungirl1 wrote:definitely not fixed here. DL demo took about an hour then once it finished it started DL again !! geesh

Same exact thing happened to me, I am still waiting to see what will happen when it finishes...

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Nov 24, 10 5:34 PM
jpflier wrote:
canajungirl1 wrote:definitely not fixed here. DL demo took about an hour then once it finished it started DL again !! geesh

Same exact thing happened to me, I am still waiting to see what will happen when it finishes...

Welllll...it states error downloading, so evidentally there are still issues. The error note stated "Installation Error. The downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run. (771)" Now off to tech support, lovely...

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 P

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 24, 10 5:53 PM
Excellent news! Will reinstall right away!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 P

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 24, 10 5:57 PM
sorry not interested in replaying all the way up to the goblet glitch........refund please

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 24, 10 6:06 PM
Kimmy1971 wrote:thanks bunches... I am working on d/l'ing mine right now .... (2nd time for me )

Thanks from me too. I really must go to bed now though - it's 2 am here in the UK.

Look forward to finishing the game tomorrow - we don't have Thanksgiving here.

We are all quick to moan - and believe me, I was moaning as loudly as any of you, but I can't imagine many games sites doing a fix for these major problems as speedily as you guys at BFG have done.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you on the other side of the Pond.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 24, 10 6:12 PM
bella81762 wrote:sorry not interested in replaying all the way up to the goblet glitch........refund please
Hey bella,

The game should keep your progress, so you should be able to pick up where you left off after reinstalling (at least we've gotten reports from other users that this has worked).

-bfgOkeechobee

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Nov 24, 10 6:20 PM
Okay mine is doing the same thing it downloads to 100% saving files, validating files, then it starts the download again. I am reading some of these posts and I see some people have tried a few times I am already on my 5th time do I keep doing this until it finally takes or what?

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 24, 10 6:23 PM
bfgOkeechobee wrote:
bella81762 wrote:sorry not interested in replaying all the way up to the goblet glitch........refund please
Hey bella,

The game should keep your progress, so you should be able to pick up where you left off after reinstalling (at least we've gotten reports from other users that this has worked).

-bfgOkeechobee

Okee,

I appreciate BFs efforts on this, but I have to say, if this does NOT save my progress, I will be asking for a refund. This has just been too much hassle. Fins crossed - I'd like to finish, but we'll see.

Go to: