MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 25, 10 11:01 AM
tia12345 wrote:Thank you for the walkthrough. Love this game, but I can't find out how to open the trap door (went through the walkthrough, and couldn't find it). I can't pick up the goblets until I open the trap door. HELP --- thanks to anyone who can help me.

There was a glitch in the game that was fixed yesterday that prevented people from grabbing the goblets. If you downloaded your game from BFG before 5:30 PM YESTERDAY, go to the download manager, uninstall the game and then reinstall to fix the issue.

Good Luck

MargieB

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Nov 25, 10 11:01 AM
January, have you reinstalled the upgrade? There was a glitch at this part.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 25, 10 11:02 AM
bombaa27 wrote:Margie B.

This was not a wee game and you still managed to get out a walkthrough in record time! I have never thanked you before but often have to peek at your walkthroughs, I am sure I will have to peek a few times for this one!
So thank you for this and all of the other walkthroughs you put out!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

Thanks so much, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones as well

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 25, 10 11:06 AM
Vallarina wrote:Thanks for the walk through, good job! I want to know what the golden crown insignias look like so I can hunt for them. Is this a possible request?
Thanks, Vallarina

The GOLD CROWN INSIGNIAS look basically the same as the others except the color is a dark rich gold background instead of a creme one.

As soon as you find one, the achievement will appear in the upper left side of the scene.

Something special awaits those who can find all ten
...that's all I can say

MargieB

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 11:06:46 AM PST

[Post New]by January141982 on Nov 25, 10 12:36 PM
thanks for the quick response. I just downloaded the game last nite. shouldn't the upgrade be part of that? i see prev post, that it was pre 5:30PM (PST?). no matter, i will try the reinstall, ugh sucha large file, since i don't know what time zone that is for.
will i have to start all over?
lindamay

weeharleyboy wrote:January, have you reinstalled the upgrade? There was a glitch at this part.

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 12:44:37 PM PST

odarney
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odarney on Nov 25, 10 4:09 PM
MARGIE - PLEASE HEAD....re: nail in shed. I have taken the hammer and have clicked on the nail in the post in the shed. It won't work! I have hit every possible angle on this nail and nothing!! All of the other nails came out very easily. Is there something special I'm supposed to do?

MandaPanda421
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by MandaPanda421 on Nov 25, 10 5:15 PM
Margie, do you know where all of the gold insignias are???? The fishies here could really use some help!

[Post New]by LindaD1949 on Nov 25, 10 9:02 PM
I do LOVE this game and now I'm stuck, rats and damn.....how do I get the birdcage down in the balcony? I don't have anything that will touch it looks like I need a screw driver - and, haven't open the stairwell on the side of the Tavern - missed that somehow - help - I need more keys I guess. Thanks!

audiogirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by audiogirl on Nov 25, 10 11:31 PM
I can't seem to find the 20th regular insignia. I know where all the gold are, but still need one regular. I checked the walkthrough, and unless I missed one somewhere, there are only 19 listed. I have all the ones from the walkthrough. Any ideas?

audiogirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by audiogirl on Nov 25, 10 11:37 PM
Typed too soon! Found it completely by accident. It was in the notebook in the swamp house.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Nov 26, 10 2:59 AM
Hi Linda,
try the screwdriver on top of the cage!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 6:43 AM
MandaPanda421 wrote:Margie, do you know where all of the gold insignias are???? The fishies here could really use some help!

Hi MandaPanda,

I do know where all the gold crowns are but we left it out of the walkthrough for now since we did not want to spoil it for the fishies However, someone did post all the locations in the forums if you want to know the answers.

Good Luck

MargieB

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 6:45:16 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 6:44 AM
LindaD1949 wrote:I do LOVE this game and now I'm stuck, rats and damn.....how do I get the birdcage down in the balcony? I don't have anything that will touch it looks like I need a screw driver - and, haven't open the stairwell on the side of the Tavern - missed that somehow - help - I need more keys I guess. Thanks!

Hi LindaD1949

Throw the JAR OF HONEY in the scene so the bees fly away from the cage. Then place the screwdriver on the screw to obtain the birdcage.

Good Luck

MargieB

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 6:45:37 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 6:47 AM
odarney wrote:MARGIE - PLEASE HEAD....re: nail in shed. I have taken the hammer and have clicked on the nail in the post in the shed. It won't work! I have hit every possible angle on this nail and nothing!! All of the other nails came out very easily. Is there something special I'm supposed to do?

Hi odarney

I answered your PM but will say the same thing here. The nail should come out fairly easily once you place the hammer on it. If this is not working for you, you can either restart the game or contact customer support to report the issue.

Good Luck

MargieB

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 26, 10 6:49 AM
MargieB wrote:I do know where all the gold crowns are but we left it out of the walkthrough for now since we did not want to spoil it for the fishies However, someone did post all the locations in the forums if you want to know the answers

Aha! So that means the guesses were right? This made my day!

[Post New]by Jardno on Nov 26, 10 7:45 AM
MargieB wrote:
LindaD1949 wrote:I do LOVE this game and now I'm stuck, rats and damn.....how do I get the birdcage down in the balcony? I don't have anything that will touch it looks like I need a screw driver - and, haven't open the stairwell on the side of the Tavern - missed that somehow - help - I need more keys I guess. Thanks!

Hi LindaD1949

Throw the JAR OF HONEY in the scene so the bees fly away from the cage. Then place the screwdriver on the screw to obtain the birdcage.

Good Luck

MargieB

[Post New]by Jardno on Nov 26, 10 7:46 AM
I too am stuck on the cellar door to the tavern. Need a key. Thanks

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Nov 26, 10 8:57 AM
Hi, Jardno,
don't rely on the strategy guide! After you solved the trappdoor problem you will eventually come back to the bar. As a reward for cleaning the loo you'll get the key (as far as I remember).

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Nov 26, 10 9:01 AM
Aarrggg...I am almost at the end, and this is the first time I needed the walkthrough and what I need is red x'd out - I need to know how to get the metal 't' from the skeleton in the hanging coffin...please help!

ETA - nevermind!

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 9:27:28 AM PST

[Post New]by joaopedro68 on Nov 26, 10 12:34 PM
Hi!!! I need help...im stuck in the part where i have to find the glasses...because in game appears "find a way to open the trap door" and dont let me grab the glasses...can you help me with my problem?

Go to: