lmdtld36
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by lmdtld36 on Nov 26, 08 7:20 AM
My hats off to you BF!!

[Post New]by Pharlap5987 on Nov 26, 08 7:22 AM
It's so good i haven't even looked at doing anything else and that's abnormal for me, i would've been well bored by now but after 6hrs ish of playing i'm still going strong and not only are the graphics and music great but i actually feel like i'm the person, when Victor spoke to Charles i answered lol, told him no more souls, did you ever lol

I will be playing this one again and again, some of the puzzles i skipped as they annoyed me lol but i will go back and try to do them

One happy pharlap off to play some more well after i get myself unstuck that is lol

GP56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GP56 on Nov 26, 08 7:27 AM
The super-slow hint reloading is entirely ruining the game for me!

My usual technique is to find all the items I can and, when I'm done with the scene and ready to move on, use hints to find any remaining items, if necessary.

Because the hint function reloads so slowly, however, I find myself stuck in a scene LONG after I'm ready to exit, doing nothing and waiting FOREVER for the hints to reload. I hate to say it, but it's making the game ... boring.

I usually play wih a timer and I don't know if the slow hint reloading is intended to be the offset to no timer but, if so, I wish you would have given the player the option of using a timer or not rather than dialing the hint function down to super, SUPER slow!

I normally love all the MCF and Hidden Expedition games, but right now I'm not even sure I'm going to buy this one.

VERY FRUSTRATING AND DISAPPOINTING!

GP56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GP56 on Nov 26, 08 7:54 AM
Unfortunately, I think my computer must not be "mighty" enough to run this adventure-style version of an MCF game. (Windows XP, 2.80 GHz CPU, 1.99 GB RAM)

When Emma's ghost was talking, the audio was not in sync with the captions at the bottom of the screen, leaving me waiting - again - for them to finish. And even after I did move on, there were numerous occasions when the curser moved in sweeping arcs entirely on its own. What's that about?!

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one before I go the way of Charles Dalimer and lose my mind entirely. LOL

But for those of you who have equipment that allows them play it, enjoy!

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 8:02:18 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 26, 08 9:05 AM
I'm finding this game much more frustrating than the other MCF games. I don't like adventure games where I have to wander around to find the puzzles; I want to do the puzzles. Still worth buying, but it's not keeping me playing for hours at a time; I stop after 15-30 minutes or so and do something else instead.

edit: I'm also having to use my fancy mouse pop up magnifying glass a lot. It's not that the items are too small to see usually, but that there isn't enough contrast, and I find myself leaning forward and squinting at the screen unless I use the magnifying glass.

edit 2: since I'm getting messages asking about the magnifying glass, it's a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

Edited on 11/28/2008 at 6:47:06 AM PST

[Post New]by jamminjan62 on Nov 26, 08 9:11 AM
I downloaded the trial version at around 1am pst, and am totally in love with this game! I agree with other posters who have said that bigfish is constantly pushing the envelope. This is the best game I have seen since HE Amazon. I usually don't do very well with the adventure type games, without a lot of hints, but so far I have been able to figure this out after a while. Will buy the full version today. My birthday is tomorrow, so this is my gift to me lol.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 26, 08 9:19 AM
Hello GP56! I'm sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties with Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

As far as the sweeping mouse goes, the cursor has an animation it runs if you click incorrectly on the screen too many times in a row. I hope this helps.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

mandarine
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mandarine on Nov 26, 08 9:20 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm up to my eyebrows in turkey, stuffing, onions, pumpkin pie mix, and assorted pots, pans, utensils and hysteria ( guess where everyone is coming for dinner tomorrow?!?) BUT I had to download just to make sure this long awaited game plays on my lapster...had a vid card problem with Mushroom Age, so I was afraid I would be tethered in the gloomy dusty icky den to play RTR....but it works!!! YAY!!
I am so proud, I played for 5 minutes, and stopped...now I'm going to speed prep EVERYTHING possible for tomorrow, and stay up waaaay too late tonight playing...Is this the best game ever or what?

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US fishies, and have a lovely Thursday to everyone else in the pond...will be back Friday to dish about what looks like heaven on a laptop!

Mandy

[Post New]by TamzC2 on Nov 26, 08 9:22 AM
Fabulous game - I adored it!

Had to really think a few times, but managed to complete it without getting stuck. It had just the right level of difficulty for me. I'm sure there were plenty of things I SHOULD have been doing today, but lying on the sofa in front of an open fire playing this on my laptop was bliss :-)

Thank you BFG, more just like this one please!!!

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Nov 26, 08 9:35 AM
A MASTERPIECE in every way. Let's have more!

[Post New]by salliet0 on Nov 26, 08 9:41 AM
I loved this ...spent 40 minutes on the free download... found the fireplace and then was invited to exit!! I suppose this must mean I've gone as far as I can in the 'free' mode. I will definitately buy this! I love the mixture of hidden objects and puzzles. I don't like the large file format games that have me endlessly going in and out of rooms for no apparent reason so this format suits me better.

This is great and will keep me quiet for a while!

arkgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by arkgirl on Nov 26, 08 9:53 AM
just got a little time to give the game a try, and I love it. I am however hopelessly stuck on the puzzle above the fireplace! I have to be missing something!! I found the moon and Sun pieces and added them, but I still can't figure out what to do with the puzzle! Suggestions?

Pinjo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Pinjo on Nov 26, 08 10:08 AM
This is the greatest casual game ever...
EVER I TELL YA!
EVER!!
Gorgeous art and impressive music. Just the right amount of challenge level.
I'm still stuck trying to get the statue to give up the item I need for the fireplace but I don't care. I'll figure it out.

...EVER!!

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Nov 26, 08 10:42 AM
sisone1951eaw wrote:I did the 60 minutes demo and then went and used my game credit to buy and then the game started at the beginnng again not where I left off lost all my progress...has this happened to anyone else?? Did have a new set of HO's to find not the same as before so is replayable so far

Hi Sisone,

I have had this happen before so I went after I played this game for like 10 minutes and bought it. I pretty much had it in my mind that I would buy this game but I wanted to make sure it was not all hype. I surely wasn't disappointed. Fortunately, once it loaded, I didn't have this problem. I'm sure it has something to do with where your files for games are stored. Big Fish can certainly help you out with this.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 26, 08 11:05 AM
This is a truly wonderful game! I've been playing for a couple of hours - off and on.
I am, however, totally stuck at the skeleton door to the graveyard. I have adjusted the little guys legs and arms to match the etching at least five times, but the door WILL NOT open. According to the strategy guide it SHOULD open. Now there is nothing else to find with the contents of my inventory - can't open the kitchen's knobless cabinet doors, can't move the well's crank, can't move forward to the next adventure........
Anybody have any ideas?

r_a_v_e_n
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by r_a_v_e_n on Nov 26, 08 11:14 AM
What a bummer! The game only launched for windows players. I'm very disappointed!
Please fellow-mac players, let Big Fish developers know we think this is not ok, big time, especially since the other MCF did launch for both pc and mac..

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 11:15:46 AM PST

[Post New]by fairbankstreena on Nov 26, 08 11:17 AM
once I reloaded the game it was well worth the wait !!
this is great because I feel like the first time I played Ravenhurst !
It is driving me crazy because I can't get anywhere !!
It is nice to finally have a game that I can't finish in one sitting!

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Nov 26, 08 11:19 AM
The only thing that I have found so far that I don't like is that you have the option to skip SOME of the puzzles, but not ALL of them. The phone connection puzzle is entirely TOO difficult (IMHO) and after over 3 hours I WISH I could skip it, but I can't .... and it is entirely too frustrating!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 26, 08 11:26 AM
Thanks BFG, this game was well worth the wait. I love the almost non-linear feel about it. You can work on several different things and not get stuck with just one thing to do. I am sure at some point there will be a puzzle that must be completed to progress the game, but right now I am wandering around outside the mansion and a little in the mansion just as if I was there trying to figure this out, doing a little of this and a little of that, matching objects here and there. I love the "adventure" feel to it and the hidden objects that can be used. The story really draws you in and the music is great! I have played about a hour and a half and have to tear myself away to do preps for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to send a great big thanks for the quality of this game.

One question.....I did look at the more list on the lower right of the first screen and it lists Millionheir like it is after RTR. Does that mean that Millionheir will be a pc game eventually? That would be great! I am not sure I would buy a DS as I have tried it and can't work it so well.
Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by Rebel72 on Nov 26, 08 11:40 AM
C'mon BFG... YET AGAIN, Mac users are left out!

Go to: