Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King's Smith 2

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Dec 4, 10 1:06 AM
As a lover of the resource management brand of time management games, I liked this game, but I have to say that I found the language the pirate used highly offensive and uncalled for. There is no need to input swearing into a game that is marketed in a family environment.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 8, 10 2:10 PM
Found out I had downloaded the original version of this game on another site so played it first & then this one. This one is a bit better as you can double click on characters to move them rather than drag. This game is more a strategy type TM game ala MKFTP than a speed click game. Very different from the usual farm, real estate, store games. My only complaint is no way to speed through the story between levels. This game will be a definite buy for me soon.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 8, 10 2:14 PM
Forgot-my one other complaint is as an animal lover, didn't really like beating the monkey with a stick to tame him--would have liked to feed him treats or something instead.

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 2:14:42 PM PST

[Post New]by aidanoconner on Dec 19, 10 11:06 AM
NormaNorman wrote:
Items stack seemly without limit. If you hover your mouse over a stack it will expand into an array of it's contents giving you the opportunity to pick and choose from that stack. Stacks will form automatically at the smithy. This can be extra helpful on the killer cave levels. One nice thing it will do is when all your rental spaces are filled you can stack items in the market, and they will automatically come up as items above them sell.

How do you do this? I've tried putting items on top of each other but they don't stack.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 28, 10 9:08 AM
The graphics aren't the best, even with the better graphics options choosen. However, the gameplay is a blast. The game is a TM where you fix up armour and weapons and sell them, or use them. The storyline is well done, though the cut scenes are a bit blah as they look like rough sketches that weren't cleaned up. After the first couple levels, I was ready to chuck this game. However, after that I lost track of time and actually was surprised and upset when my hour timer for the demo shut down the game. This game was throughly enjoyable.

This game is an A-.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Dec 29, 10 5:11 PM
i loved the firstand this is a gret improvment i love the cards they really help and the shell game is a nice bonus for coins

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jun 12, 11 10:16 AM
This game has been out for a while but I've only just tried it.

Overview
This is a resource management crafting TM game but it plays very similarly to building games - instead of building houses and upgrading them, you make swords and do the same thing. It's a pleasant and addictive game with a few hitches.

Pros
- Different to typical TM games
- Challenging but not impossible
- Middle ages setting
- Soothing music (Greensleeves, Parchelbel Canon etc)
- Magic cards add a new element
- Relaxed option
- Good progression
- Engaging storyline
- Lengthy (good value)
- Good upgrades

Cons
- Somewhat buggy, point-and-click issues, crashes, usually resolved by relaunching the game, or re-entering a level.
- Game is poorly coded
- Artwork is sometimes hard to distinguish on a small monitor
- Some instructions are not clear
- Possible memory issue when running for a while (freezes up, slow motion).

It's a nice game. Once you complete all the levels, you get an option to replay the game as a master. It's difficult to get gold on some levels on the first attempt, you need to rethink your strategy and choose different magic cards. I like the thinking element, it's not just mindless clicking. The glitches were minor annoyances however I don't regret purchasing this game.

[Post New]by SassyTeffie on Nov 21, 11 4:09 PM
The gameplay was ok, although I found the first chapter levels far too easy to achieve gold on. What makes this is a no-buy for me is the music. I tend to think of "What Child Is This" as a Christmas carol, which did not seem to fit at all. Plus, it's not one of my favorite songs, so it became very annoying very quickly.

[Post New]by gzanne on Dec 8, 11 1:51 PM
heidid wrote:I generally like both RPGs and TMs, so based on previous reviews I wanted to give this one a try. Actually, you can skip the intro...just press escape and you are ready to play.

My observations after 10 minutes or so:

1) The graphics are nothing special, but I generally do not discard games based on graphics unless they are so bad they interfere with game play.
2) The font used for the tutorial, at least, is not easy to read. It adds to the medieval setting and atmosphere and looks pretty, but I'm spending more time squinting at the screen trying to decipher the font, so it definitely slows me down. I like nice, clean, sans-serif fonts when possible.
3) Music is nice - unobtrusive & pleasant.
4) Not possible to skip the intro story or speed it up, which could get old, but since it's not an actual game-play issue it's not critical for me.
5) relaxed mode option is nice.
6) The story and game play so far are enjoyable.

I might have further comments after more game play time; these are only first impressions. So far, I don't know that I would buy it, but I'm enjoying myself.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Jul 26, 12 6:05 AM
This game is a GREAT find! One of my favorites

Go to: