Dymphna
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Crashes

[Post New]by Dymphna on Nov 28, 10 8:22 PM
Often times at the end of a level the game shuts down on me. phoof and it is gone.

Not real happy with the language being used by the characters. When did taking God's name in vain become acceptable?

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Re:Post any King's Smith 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Nov 28, 10 9:01 PM
I'm finding a lot of little annoying bugs, but nothing too terribly serious so far. Game closes on its own sometimes, and I get lag and freezes especially between levels. A few other minor things making me think whomever programmed this wasn't completely up to snuff.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 11:28:39 PM PST

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on Nov 28, 10 11:23 PM
I am also having an issue with the game randomly deciding I hit exit or something in the midst of game play. It just closes out back to my BF launcher. Rather annoying... but so far the only problem I've had with it.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 11:24:14 PM PST

[Post New]by Mortal_Godiva on Nov 30, 10 2:53 PM
This seems to be a good game, but I guess I may never really know until a fix comes out? Aside from some random crashes back to the desktop, I can't make into to Level 2 without the screen going entirely black and the game running in the background. Any suggestions as I would like to continue playing this game? It would be a shame not to be able to finish it.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 30, 10 3:18 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you are having problems getting King's Smith 2 to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

The following help article has helped resolve issues with Access Violation errors and freezing or lagging in the past:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, please contact Customer Support. Just let them know what you’re experiencing and which steps you’ve already tried and they’ll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

vidy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by vidy on Dec 1, 10 7:23 PM
Please fix this game, after downloading the game and starting the game, it doesn't work. It went black for a second and then went back to the task manager. When I double clicked it says another game is running and the only way to stop it is to restart the PC, I really want to play this game, Please fix it asap, Thanks!

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Dec 1, 10 8:26 PM
Another annoying but not debilitating bug. I'm getting partial white screen on some levels, but only partial. Level is still playable, just harder as not everything is visible. You can still click on everything, but cannot see it. For example cards and some smythies. I thought it was some weird feature at first, but restarting the level fixed it.

[Post New]by vvickigail on Dec 3, 10 8:19 PM
im having same trouble, gameplay glitches like you need to keep ten things but theres only room for 9, keeps crashing and freezing. I've never had one problem with any games on here before. Also hate the little monkey...im getting rsi trying to get rid of him.

[Post New]by Terriowe on Dec 4, 10 2:57 PM
tapiocapdding wrote:I was able to play to the second level in the second location in the free trial, but for the last few levels there was a problem with the guy selling pieces. I would click the item to see the price and when I tried to decline the item by clicking the "x", I would end up purchasing the item anyway. I THINK that the reject and accept buttons might have been reversed because on the last level I mistakenly clicked accept on an item and it was not purchased, but when I clicked decline on the second item for sale, it was purchased. I hope that explanation is clear.

I have found this problem also but not always on the same button. Quite regularly when clicking on something it does something else but only for one item each time. For example was trying to buy 100 units of dust and kept getting 1. Also tried clicking on item on stand directly above the area where you can purchase materials and kept buying 100 lead. Find this usually happens when replaying a level. It's really annoying but restarting the level again seems to fix it although sometimes you then get it happening somewhere else.

[Post New]by crimghost on Dec 6, 10 5:17 PM
I figured out a workaround for anybody getting access violation errors. Well, it works here anyway.
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHz, 4 GB of RAM ATI Radeon 3100 Mobile Graphics with the latest updates to DirectX, drivers, and windows, plus Adobe products if that helps.

To run the game simply make a shortcut to KingsSmith2.exe and place it on your desktop if you don't already have one. Right-click the shortcut. While still under the shortcut tab, next to "Run:" you'll see "Normal window" is selected. From the drop down list that appears change "Normal window" to "Minimized" Press the "OK" button at the bottom after changing this and double-click the shortcut. Your screen resolution should change and you will hear the music from the game (hopefully). You'll see the game minimized within the taskbar. Left click it, and the game should run without further problems.
Hope this helps someone. If it did, glad I could help. It works for me.

If the devs read this, I think this problem indicates that there's a problem with the very first intro video, the "Big Fish" one. Possibly it's a corrupt copy of it that got redistributed with this game. Just guessing though as far as that goes, admittedly. Hey Big Fish or developers. Do you want to hire a techie/tester who's dedicated and really needs a job? I've been messing around with this game for the past 11 hrs trying to get it to run for my wife today. If so, please email me, please.

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Dec 10, 10 1:13 PM
I too have the error: access violation code with this game. I have downloaded the game but whenever I try to play it I get an error message:

Error: access violation at 0x00418561 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

I have turned my pc on and off but no joy. I can run and play all my other Big Fish games and all my software is up to date.

I am running XP-Pro service pack2. I am currently playing Sherlock Holmes Hound of the Baskervilles and Roads of Rome both downloaded from Big Fish in the last two weeks without any problems.

So I don't think it is a problem with my PC. I did run the KS 2 video first before I downloaded it. Some here have suggested that might trigger the problem?

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 1:17:23 PM PST

jiferin
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jiferin on Dec 11, 10 9:50 PM
Hallelujah!!!
If you are trying to run this in Win 7 and are getting nowhere (like I was) I have the answer!!!!

Download normally.
DO NOT run from the BFgamemanager.
Go into the directory that the game is stored.
right click on Kingsmith2 and open or run as administrator. The Icon is a woman.

I created a shortcut for my desktop after I bought it. It looks like it will stall, but just give it a second. I couldn't get any response out of this game until I tried it this way. I think there is a conflict with the way Win7 and BFGamemanager interact. I had to do the same thing with a few older games I replayed.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 24, 11 1:18 AM
I'm playing on my Mac - and I'm addicted - and every few times that I play, after awhile of playing, everything will start moving really fast & then slowing down and switch back & forth between those two. Eventually I just have to shut it down and try again another time. It happens probably every 3-4 times that I play. (I cant stop playing! I downloaded the first one and am considering purchasing that but its not quite as good, as is often the case with the original - they tend to improve with new ones, ya know.)
Seems like this game has a lot of problems. And I'm not talking about the translation issues lol.

HotTuna
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by HotTuna on Feb 4, 11 5:12 PM
Interesting that BF isn't answering any of these posts! I'm here because I can't buy jewels on level 6 of the first island when I went back to try for gold. Just bought it this evening, pretty disappointed! Can't get gold if I can't finish the level!

[Post New]by helen_jane on May 13, 11 6:25 AM
Crashed on my Mac within 5 minutes when trying to exit game. Had to force quit. From the other comments, this game seems far too bug-ridden for BFG to include in its offerings. Gack.

[Post New]by Quasirockdiva on May 18, 11 4:11 PM
The game keeps freezing at the level right after the bonus level where you have to make the nails. I've updated my software and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but it keeps freezing in the same place. Any suggestions? Does Big Fish give back a game credit if a technical issue can't be fixed?

I'm on a MAC OS 10.6.7.

[Post New]by cusegirlsu44 on May 22, 11 3:06 PM
Quasirockdiva wrote:The game keeps freezing at the level right after the bonus level where you have to make the nails. I've updated my software and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but it keeps freezing in the same place. Any suggestions? Does Big Fish give back a game credit if a technical issue can't be fixed?

I'm on a MAC OS 10.6.7.

I'm having the same issues on my Mac... Did you find anything out?

[Post New]by Quasirockdiva on May 22, 11 9:07 PM
I emailed Big Fish about this issue, but I haven't heard from them yet.

[Post New]by katzsmty on Jun 4, 11 4:08 PM
Quasirockdiva wrote:The game keeps freezing at the level right after the bonus level where you have to make the nails. I've updated my software and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but it keeps freezing in the same place. Any suggestions? Does Big Fish give back a game credit if a technical issue can't be fixed?

I'm on a MAC OS 10.6.7.

Same problem here, I have tries EVERYTHING and it keeps freezing in the same place. Have BFG has answered ur email???

[Post New]by 4_fun_id on Jun 6, 11 11:10 AM

I'm on a MAC OS 10.6.7.

Same problem, same place. I'm also running fully updated software with MAC OS 10.6.7. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, deleting the game preferences folder does nothing. I think that there's a pattern here BFG.

Go to: