bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Nov 26, 10 11:13 PM
I can't pick up items in the inventory. Anyone else have this problem?

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Nov 26, 10 11:39 PM
BossBrat wrote:OMG can BF DO ANYTHING RIGHT LATELY?! I was happy to get this game today and drilled the hole in the coconut to make the elixir and yep, like some of the rest of you, the game froze. And, that was that. My goodness, do holidays make these people light-headed or something? I have bought games here for years now and lately it seems like it's all about quantity and NOTHING about quality! FIX IT!

as they are now having members beta test the game I'd say they are more concerned about quality than in the past. yes we pay money to buy the games and play them and expect them to work but you should also keep in mind that not everyone has the exact same computer. If you are given the chance to beta test do it because every person that does raises the chances of finding problems before they sell them. (Granted we could have found this problem in the beta test if it was a full copy but then the question would be if people would buy if they've already played it though)

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Nov 27, 10 12:55 AM
The images on the screen kept flickering on and off with seizure-inducing rapidity. This is not an exaggeration. I have petit mal epilepsy and flickering images can cause me to have absence seizures. I had to stop playing because I didn't want to cause myself to have any.

The flickering also rendered the hidden objects virtually impossible to find, as looking at images blinking in and out was distracting, a strain on the eyes, and painful.

Given the health issue and the other problems mentioned in this thread, I'd say this game is really not ready for release.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 27, 10 4:25 AM
Is there any answer on this freezing in the apothocary? The game has been out awhile ow and one fishie found it on the shelves for Pete's sake. Has anyone figured out how to deal with the freezing once you crack open an egg?
After the mess a few days ago with 13th skull, I can't believe this is happening again.
kris

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Nov 27, 10 4:27 AM
Same problem here, but for me it is the egg. Totally frozen. I ended the game and restarted and it re-set me back to before it cracked the egg, so going to wait it out and try skip button. Too bad. Been a great game so far.

UPDATE: successfully restarted game at same location. Did not put anything on the apothocary table, but had the mini-game open. Waited 30 seconds. Clicked skip button once, then again, and received elixir.

[u][i]
gidgiboo wrote:There is a bug in the program. I am at the Apothecary and as soon as I drill a hole in the coconut, the game locks up. Have to Cntrl/Alt/Del to the Task Manager to close out. I will keep an eye out for the "fix" or update, but wanted to make you aware of the problem. Other than that, good game. Great puzzles. Hard, but not too hard.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 4:53:07 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 27, 10 4:36 AM
I tried that, the skip button is fully ready to go but won't skip. Can't use the ? or the X in the corners either.
This is a shame.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 27, 10 6:39 AM
bpfrimmer wrote:I can't pick up items in the inventory. Anyone else have this problem?
When I had that happen (only demo'd the game), I changed back to Custom cursor and then the inventory items could be picked up and are shown on the tip of the cursor. Fortunately this wasn't a custom cursor that slows down the game.
I switched them several times, and with the system cursor also the direction arrows aren't shown nor the magnifying glass on zoom-in scenes.

boekstart
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by boekstart on Nov 27, 10 9:19 AM
cnbmimi11 wrote:having trouble with the hidden items on the carriage. can not pick up the corn or the bell even if i hit the hint button..help
same problem, for the corn

[Post New]by weaverwoman on Nov 27, 10 12:00 PM
I am having the same problem at the apothecary as others. I drill a hole in the coconut and it freezes. Someone needs to fix this. It's a shame because otherwise I really like this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 12:35 PM
cnbmimi11 wrote:having trouble with the hidden items on the carriage. can not pick up the corn or the bell even if i hit the hint button..help

I don't know if this applies in your case, but some people have said they can only pick things up if they use the Custom Cursor. It's available as an Option from the Main Menu.

Robin

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on Nov 27, 10 1:49 PM
Same problem with coconut as everyone else is having. Very frustrating, especially considering the other two games I thought I would play during my four-day weekend (Mystery Case Files and Haunted Halls) are messed up, too.

[Post New]by lesuerpea on Nov 27, 10 3:41 PM
This game froze up on the apothecary game. So annyoying wish I hadn't bought it. Need a refund!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 27, 10 5:13 PM
Thank you Lime_Cordial!
justy going to the mixing area and waiting out the skip worked. Too bad, I always like these mixing games but ah well. Least I got to go forward! Thank you!
kris

[Post New]by absintheoflight on Nov 28, 10 10:16 AM
I am having the same frozen coconut issue. My game is "saved" (not by me, but by the game) at the place where the coconut is on the table. If I close the game via the window in the task bar, then it will go back into the place where the coconut is on the table. I can pick up the drill and drill a hole, then the drill disappears and the game play is frozen. The mouse is not frozen, I can move it all over the place, but cannot click on anything.

I cannot get past this part.

I do have a question about this technical issues forum. BigFish people - you ask us to list our technical issues, but you rarely come in here and respond or update us on the status of a fix. What is the point then?

[Post New]by miryamsarai on Nov 28, 10 6:13 PM
having the same problem with the picking things up even after using the hint. tried changing the cursor and nothing. any other suggestions?

[Post New]by sea0233 on Nov 29, 10 5:41 AM
Obviously the coconut thing is a huge error. I also get the same thing. I will try the skip to finish the game. But I will tell people not to purchase until they have a fix. Unless they don't mind skipping.

[Post New]by seeker96 on Nov 29, 10 3:40 PM
Same freezing up issue except mine happens when I crack the egg. Very frustrating! Have to force close the game.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Nov 29, 10 11:38 PM
Got the same problems preparing the potion! Had to crtl/alt/del to get out of the game.Hope they are going to fix it soon! Nice game anyway

cfay
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by cfay on Nov 30, 10 5:54 AM
Same problem. Game freezes after drilling hole. HELP!!

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Nov 30, 10 7:07 PM
bpfrimmer wrote:I can't pick up items in the inventory. Anyone else have this problem?

Go to: