Awesome game BF - thanks very much!

Keep them coming!

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Nov 27, 10 9:50 PM
Belladonna is correct. When you dump a game, you must remove it by clicking on the trash can in the Game Manager. If necessary, restart your comp before reinstalling the new game. Run a diagnostic, update your Adobe acrobat and Shockwave players. Sometimes you have to jump through hoops, but most of the time, it is not the game. We just forget to completely remove all traces of the game before reinstalling. Good luck to those who are experiencing difficulty. Report the problem to CS and hopefully you will get some satisfaction. But seriously, try the aforementioned steps first. It usually fixes the problem.

[Post New]by gmelvr on Nov 27, 10 9:56 PM
ninja3311 wrote:I had playled the whole demo of the CE of this game and loved it. When I bought the regular edition........nothing but problems with the cursor floating. I'm really disappointed. Can't understand why the cursor would work for an hour on the CE but doesn't work on the regular edition. I'm sure it's not a fault on my end. Please get this fixed soon.

exact same thing for me!

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Nov 27, 10 11:10 PM
Well I for one was really excited about the se coming out and had been patient enough not to buy the ce. The ce played for me with no issues and I almost just said to heck with it and purchased the se right off the bat!!

Well needless to say I am so happy I didn't. When I first started having problems with the curser I immediately changed from the custom curser hoping that would fix my issue. It didn't

I never even made it into the gat which is another thing. Why is it that all of a sudden when the se come out we have to start the game all over and then again when we purchase it. Clean it up big fish this is getting very bothersome

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 28, 10 6:31 AM
Oooh... what a creepy and sometimes really disgusting (spiders!!) game. LOL I cried out loud when an eye showed itself on the other side of the spyhole in the main door. LOL

Graphics are really good, and so is the gameplay. I played the SE demo version for 55 minutes and was just about to buy it, but popped in here first to check out some reviews, and saw that one reviewer had problems getting the game started again after going out.
I had no problems (not with the cursor or otherwise) while playing for 55 minutes, but wanted to be sure I was able to get back into the game before buying it. So I clicked on "play" again, and just like the other reviewer, the game didn´t come back on. I didn´t want to wait until I might get a black screen instead (like the other reviewer did), and quickly deleted the game instead.

So I guess I will wait now to see whether there will be another version coming out that will fix this. Otherwise it´s a no-buy for me.

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Nov 28, 10 6:53 AM
I played the demo for 20 mins and knew I wanted to buy this game. As soon as it was activated, I had trouble getting it restarted, but I was able to finally do so. I had no floating cursor. I minimized the game and went to the forum to see if there were any technical posts...there were, so I never quit the game....I let it run all day and played a chapter here and there. By late evening I was close to the ending, and the game quit. Black screen. No restart. I can read the ending on the walkthru, I certainly had $6.99 worth of entertainment. I am sure there will be a fix eventually so I can finish it. It is a most excellent game with creepy atmosphere and a very different theme and message..

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 28, 10 7:46 AM
Celticwolf 55....my problem was that I bought the reg edition, played to almost the end, and had to go work on Xmas decor. Then when I came back, my computer wouldn't let me into the game. I would click on the icon, and the game manager came up, clicked on "play it again" , got "another game running". So I started over again, clicked on the icon, and let it go and go and go and go. Finally, I have uninstalled using the trashcan, updated everything, and am going to give it a go again. Had no other problems actually playing it...did take me a while to realize that I needed to use the jumper cables and the broken light to electrocute the octopus. I really liked the game..but I am very macabre and love all the dark and spooky stuff. Hope I get to play it to the end this time....want Tim to get lose.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Nov 28, 10 9:32 AM
Great Game! Downloaded and installed without any problems. Played the trial without any problems. (Most of the time problems are computer related, not the game.) Graphics are good, storyline is different and it isn't the same old, same old. Definitely a buy for me.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 28, 10 9:41 AM
The demo was good....until I purchased it. Now it won't even load!!! I had problems with another game 2 weeks ago, and Customer Support couldn't help me at all! Hope it's not the same story with this game. As of right now, I can't recommend this game.

[Post New]by chrissieco on Nov 28, 10 11:09 AM
caseymom wrote:Celticwolf 55....my problem was that I bought the reg edition, played to almost the end, and had to go work on Xmas decor. Then when I came back, my computer wouldn't let me into the game. I would click on the icon, and the game manager came up, clicked on "play it again" , got "another game running". So I started over again, clicked on the icon, and let it go and go and go and go. Finally, I have uninstalled using the trashcan, updated everything, and am going to give it a go again. Had no other problems actually playing it...did take me a while to realize that I needed to use the jumper cables and the broken light to electrocute the octopus. I really liked the game..but I am very macabre and love all the dark and spooky stuff. Hope I get to play it to the end this time....want Tim to get lose.

I am having the same problem. I keep getting the "another game running".message. I have uninstalle and reinstalled and still it won't let me play

amazonkes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by amazonkes on Nov 28, 10 11:59 AM

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Jusr a gentle [?] reminder to all of you, my capable, thorough and trustworthy posters of reviews and "comments""

AUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Why oh why the "undocumented"spoilers when we are reminded with EVERY SINGLE game to not DO that?? Why detract from MY experience with the game...in regard to..say..., maybe...the EYE??!!! HUH!!??? REALLY!?

Ummmmmm...anyway..*calmer now* ...thank you for GREAT reviews and insights, much appreciated, and I will swim away now. Sorry.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Nov 29, 10 6:14 AM
Plays in slow motion cursor has a will of it's own.
Played the CE with no problems whats going on?

Bennyhaha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Bennyhaha on Nov 29, 10 9:58 AM
My husband and I both loved this game. ERS has developed some great HOGs recently and definitely are giving MCFs a run for their money. The eyes were a bit odd but really weren't bad in all. Lots of challenge and it kept our interest. We did not have any problem with the cursor but I did have to restart the game four times as I kept getting a message that the game file save was corrupted. I guess that must have been my computer rather than the game. I am glad that I bought the CE version.

[Post New]by pSyCHoSpiLLeR on Nov 29, 10 8:17 PM
I'm disappointed with the QA on this game. Not only did I have a problem with the game not restarting (fixed by removing the log.html file in ApplicationData/ERS Game Studios/Haunted Halls.../Beta) but I also had random crashes in the demo. Otherwise the puzzles were challenging and the ambient spooky. The maker gets an A+ for vivid imagination but an F for QA. Also I have heard some of the music on another game which removes some of the novelty. Certainly not worth a CE purchase in my estimation.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 29, 10 11:59 PM
Y'all know a game is bad when there are only 2 pgs of comments & reviews & 10 pgs of tech problems.

BEWARE.

I'd like to comment or review, but since the game is unplayable due to moving slower than my 93 yo auntie in her walker, I can't.

I'll just go buy it elsewhere if BFG can't get it fixed. They could care less, they're still sucking me for a credit ea mo & I can't spend them b/c nothing new that I like works.

GRRRRRRRR

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 30, 10 12:06 AM
Belladonna is correct. When you dump a game, you must remove it by clicking on the trash can in the Game Manager.

It's not a "must". This is why your pc has a Control Panel, so that YOU can control it & not BFG. I never get the msg about a game not uninstalling completely if I let my pc remove it rather than GM You do not have to go thru GM to uninstall a game, just go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel. We also should not have to crawl all over our pcs to remove orphan files BFG leaves behind, either. It should be a clean uninstall, period. They need to fix that as well.

OT: Jeez, TYVM BFG for making the font in GM SMALLER on your last "upgrade". If you're trying to drive out us old broads who got you into the multimillion $ co status, you're doing a great job!

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 30, 10 1:55 PM
I demoed both the CE and the SE and loved it!! No problems! So I decided I was going to buy the SE. I always do a quick check on the forums on ones I'm going to buy and saw all these terrible problems! Well...I REALLY wanted this game, so I decided, well, I'll buy it and see what happens, worse come to worst, I'll wait for a fix or delete and get a credit...BUT, I decided maybe the demo was causing problems so before I bought it I made sure to uninstall the demo and made sure I didn't still have the CE demo. I downloaded it with no problem.
Held my breath and hit play now...It worked just fine!! I thought, well once I close it down and try to start it back up again, then I will have problems...but I didn't!! Closed and opened it twice so far. I've had a couple of stutters (tiny little stutters like when my email tries to check, sometimes the game I'm playing will stutter for a second or two) but other than that, no problems whatsoever!!
I'm running Vista 32 bit, I do have Adobe 10. I didn't turn anything off. Just made sure that I uninstalled the demo before I bought it. Don't know if that will help anyone else, but....
I am really enjoying this!! Great wild creepy freaky game!!!

Edit: Well I knew I shouldn't have opened my mouth!! No sooner had I posted this than I went to get back into the game and I got "Haunted Halls etc..has stopped working" got it twice!!! Well I guess I will be waiting for a fix too!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 2:13:55 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 30, 10 6:43 PM
The gamefix worked today for me! I have played already the CE and its great - awesome graphik, good storyline (very scary!), overall of course a buy for me

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 6:46:36 PM PST

PGilliard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by PGilliard on Nov 30, 10 6:51 PM
Having problems when you click to go to another room or direction it will freeze up for a second or so then continue on playing. It happened at several different spots. It took a long time to even pull it up; then the second time alittle longer. Now I can't even get it at all. I am very, very disappointed. Money is too tight now to spend on things that don't work. I was enjoying the game but it is to much of a problem.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 30, 10 9:19 PM
Ditched my old version, and downloaded the new version of this game this evening. It works now! Yippee! I have been waiting for this game since the CE game came out.

Love the creepy storyline. HOG scenes not too difficult. Music - well let's just say I like the music but think it's time that ERS Game Studios got another score, because this is very similar if not exactly the same music as the Edgar Allan Poe series of games. Graphics are very good. Puzzles are so far fairly easy. Gameplay similar to other ERS Game Studios game, which is always well-done IMO.

Have played 55 minutes of the demo now. Will be a buy tomorrow, as it is the start of a new month & start of a new punchcard Thank you BigFish & ERS Game Studios for fixing this game, I was a cynic, but have been proved wrong.

Go to: