Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cassandra40 on Nov 27, 10 7:47 AM
Playing demo. Game lagging and playing so slow that my hour will be up before I get through the first hidden object section. Won't be buying this one.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 27, 10 7:54 AM
slm1022 wrote:Another BFG game wth the cursor problems. I changed from the custom cursor to the regular one which helped me in a previous game but it didn't work with this game. The last game they sent me a link for the Dr. Felix fix and when I emailed the results in an attachment the email was returned with the "mailer daemon" response so that was no help. BFG...lets investigate this problem because its the 2nd time its happened to me in less than a month and its frustrating not to mention I'm losing my faith in purchasing your games. Please advise us when you get this fixed. For now...I uninstalled the game (nope the reinstall does not work). What a mess!

You must be talking about Mystery Trackers: The Void. I had no problems with a floating cursor, but the game had me stuck in a **** scene and no way to back out. BFG sent me a link with Dr. Felix to check the cause, and I was told to update some things on my system. After I did that (to no avail) BFG customer service told me to start under a new profile. I got to the EXACT SAME PLACE in the game with the same results. With the apparent problems with this game, I am a bit apprehensive in downloading.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 27, 10 7:57 AM
I just downloaded & tried the CE version again, and no problems with the floating/sluggish cursor or sluggish H O scenes.

BFG - there is something wrong with the SE version, as per my previous post. The CE works fine, but I am not interested in buying the CE.

njholden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by njholden on Nov 27, 10 8:02 AM
I have the same problem with the floating curser and slow play. Plus my curser will disapear if it isn't floating. Will not buy, don't have that much to spend on games.

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Nov 27, 10 8:15 AM
Once again we have issues with the cursor...This is RIDICULOUS!!!! When there are many MANY games that have absolutely no problem with the cursor why are we STILL getting so many with these issues? This should be a no-brainer. Obviously the capability is there to create a game without these problems so it makes absolutely no sense as to why this same issue keeps arising. Big Fish Games let's get this sorted out for ALL games once and for all! This is YOUR problem not the problem of the pc's. Thank you

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:16:27 AM PST

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Nov 27, 10 8:18 AM
I have the same cursor issue on the SE. Was absolutely fine on the CE demo. Please BFG get this fixed. I strongly resent spending money on games I cannot play!!!

[Post New]by simy1972 on Nov 27, 10 8:26 AM
Hi, I have problem too with the floating cursor... Tried to reinstall the game, tried to change game compatibility as shown in the help page but nothing to do...
When I tried the CE version everything was fine but this version....sigh!!

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:27:00 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Nov 27, 10 8:27 AM
i`m having same problem very very slow cursor takes forever and hidden objects take even longer to dissapear unfortunately i have just paid for this game
really not good enough bfg

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Nov 27, 10 8:31 AM
I recently did an (automatic) update on my RealPlayer, and don't know if this is causing the Sloooooowww Plaaaaaayyy. but would think it would affect everything, not just when you are playing. seems to go fast enough at the intro, and when you go back to menu, certainly when it shows you the fast run-through. I thought it might be just during the tutorial... but couldn't wailt long enough to see. Not when I have some serious investigating to do to see which 2.99 games I am going to buy.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:34:53 AM PST

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Nov 27, 10 8:39 AM
Slow cursor also...can't play...hopefully there will be a fix...looks like a good game.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Nov 27, 10 8:48 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Same here, sick cursor. Now it worked just fine when I tried the CE back then.

It barely moved this time, it only worked normal to exit the game. Someone boo booed on the SE as we all are having the same troubles.

It worked on the CE but not on this SE.

Same here...only worked normal when exiting the game. So disappointed Wanted to play this game.

[Post New]by Dalfelover on Nov 27, 10 8:51 AM
I also seem to have a problem with the game because it simply won't start. I just bought the thing after playing the demo (which ran flawless), and now it just won't.
I click on it in the game manager and wait patiently, but then the screen just seems to flash and the game manager thanks me for playing. The game is completely compatable with my computer and I have tried to re-install and boot and nothing works.. I'd really like some help.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 27, 10 8:55 AM
I have been saving a credit from the collector's games I got last month and had to go online and chat to get that credit, but I am having the sluggish cursor also. Between this and the disappearing inventory from MCF, I am not having the relaxing turkey day weekend I envisioned. Please BF. I love you guys but please fix these problems.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:55:39 AM PST

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Nov 27, 10 9:07 AM
I downloaded and played 30 minutes of the demo to make sure I didn't have any problems with the cursor that I read about. No problems with the cursor so I bought and installed it. Now it won't play at all. I'm so disappointed. I should have at least played the hour demo. I click "play now" and nothing. I click "play" again and it says it's already running. I have restarted my computer twice now. Please get a fix for this. I've been waiting to buy this since I demoed the CE.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 27, 10 9:19 AM
Come on BF this is your problem to fix - if done soon, there will be plenty of buys on this game. What's up with putting out a bad game - thought you guys always checked your games before you released them? If so, then this wouldn't have been released.

[Post New]by roxie1171 on Nov 27, 10 9:20 AM
Same problem here; floating cursor and doesn't work when you click on an object. Please fix.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Nov 27, 10 9:23 AM
Appears to be an interesting game, BUT, the cursor problem and the sloooowwwwnnneeesss of the game was just way too much to bare! Hope they're is a fix soon!!!

[Post New]by asegiel on Nov 27, 10 9:33 AM
wish i would have read all the comments, i too just used my last game credit, and the game wont play i even tried uninstalling my other big fish games so that i could play this one thinking too much memory, but now i know its Big Fish and not me, This game looks good, and im dissapointed - they better fix it soon.

robester
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robester on Nov 27, 10 10:12 AM
I have the same problem as all of the above. BFG moderators must be on holiday. I have never known them ignore so many unhappy posts ...two pages worth so far and no response. Too bad. They are usually very responsive. And I was so looking forward to a new game this weekend. Ah well. Will uninstall and check back with the forum.

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Nov 27, 10 10:22 AM
Add my name to the floating cursor, laggy game list. First launch I got an error msg & the game wouldn't start. I think it was trying to tell me something.... Second try, it started. The possessed cursor flew around slowly on it's own in the very first H0 screen & I couldn't even QUIT without a Ctrl-Alt-Del. Didn't matter whether it was a custom or regular cursor. I'll uninstall & wait for a fix.

(edited to remove **** and add H0)

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 10:23:12 AM PST

Go to: