Going to demo now

PEN

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jane Lucky

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 28, 10 8:27 AM
Open cupboards.....ACK!!! Me too, Cherb! So glad I'm not the only one and YES, I now have to try this game just to close the cupboards.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 28, 10 9:01 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:
As usual, there is a fair maiden who is always in this sexy pose as she talks about medicine and etc...I think the dev. needs to remember that a lot of us are not interested at all in looking at 20-something perfectlooking females who can't seem to change their cut out position..

lol...I so agree...tight form-fitting outfits, exaggerated figures, cleavage, sexy hip-swaying walks...how come none of the heroines are middle aged and normal looking? lol...

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Nov 28, 10 9:14 AM
I found the game rather enjoyable! Nice break from the games we have been seeing.

Relaxing and easy play. Nice break from the harder, more involved games.

Sorry to see so many that refuse to take a quiet time by playing an easy simple game.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 28, 10 9:21 AM
I too am another one who is enjoying this game.

I don't mind the dialogue, it adds to the story. It is on the easy side but is perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon, like today where it is far to cold to go out anyway. Its mellow.

I found in the dark scenes if you found a lantern or torch & clicked it, that area of the screen lit up nicely.

I can't wait to play to the end because I want to know how it ends LOL

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 28, 10 10:03 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for starting up this thread. I'm going to go ahead and sticky this at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Have fun!

-bfgDonau

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 28, 10 10:19 AM
i'd like to thank everyone who has posted his/her comments...

what i saw from the game's DL page was a FROG about a "sand bunny" archeologist trying to take on the world one dig at a time... and, of course, ultimately trying to 'solve the riddle of an ancient artifact!'

then i read comments of terrorists - not rebels - and thought there might be a little more intrigue than i thought... but then i read about the puzzles - gears and sliders? - and said, no, i will be passing on this one for sure...

so thank you for your honest and in depth reviews!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 28, 10 10:23 AM
I am the same as jojo here - I think the game is cute and fun. I definitely want to see how the whole thing ends. I really wish the voiceovers had not cut out a ways into the game, half of the fun was hearing Jane talk. The game is really too easy for my taste so I am on the fence about purchasing or not. The scenario isn't a funny scenario normally, but in this game it is handled in such a light hearted manner that it is hard not to see the humor in it and add to that the fact that you have Jane, the epitome of a valley girl, on an important archeological dig... pretty funny!!

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 10:38:24 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 28, 10 10:29 AM
What to do?? Should I download the trial or not? After reading all the reviews, some good and some bad, will have to ponder for awhile. Whops.. I have it downloaded so might as well go and play it and get back to you later.. I have played for 30 min and that's all I can take of the game. I did stop the voice and read the banter as I can't stand when the mouths don't move with the words. An easy game, but you could at least see the graphics and not have to squint.. Not a buy for me.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 11:26:07 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 28, 10 11:38 AM
Well, I'm with the naysayers on this one. I have no issue with graphics, music, etc. What really got me were one-you had voices, you didn't, they came back, and then disappeared for the remainder of the demo. I don't mind either hearing or reading, but be consistent. The other was the inanity and inconsistency of the dialogue. First it's the older man's idea to make the sleeping potion and then it's the heroine’s. I have no idea if it works because my trial ended there. The comments she makes about the terrorists being regular people, being misunderstood, and it’s all the leader’s fault is beyond ridiculous. I will add that it’s not a matter of the bad guys being terrorists either. It wouldn’t matter if they were mafia, gangsters, vampires, thugs, or whatever-that’s just plain stupid. Don’t mean to offend or upset anybody-just my thoughts. For those who like the game, have fun and enjoy.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 12:12:05 PM PST

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Nov 28, 10 12:02 PM
I was one who purchased this game. As I said before it was fun!!!

Did not think it would be as long as it was and that surprised me also. Those that take the time to read or listen to everything will find it longer. I very seldom listen to the people talking or read things. And have ran into a few games where you "had" to do either one or the other.

The bubbles that show what you need to get! Hold the mouse button over them and it will enlarge them so that you can more clearly see what it is you are after. I got about 3 to 4 hours of play taking my time and NOT reading anything. That should give you some idea.

It is a relaxing game!!! Fun also! For those who are looking for an easy starter game or just to have something to do to pass time on a Sunday or any other day this one is just perfect.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Nov 28, 10 1:51 PM
I had to laugh at how we put stuff over the bonfire in a pot to make potion....then had to find the electric fan to fan the flames.....why not just use an electric pot?

And "terrorists" shouldn't really have got past the editor........somebody earlier called them rebels, or they could have been called guerillas...but terrorists?

It didn't really do it for me either I'm afraid .......HOGs were just stuck onto the scenery, I agree about the come-hither poses of the girls. and the iHOG bits were ludicrous.

No scoring system either

But the developers tried hard and I hope they will get some pointers for their next game.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Nov 28, 10 7:56 PM
Definitely NOT for me. Thought it quite boring as it was way too easy putting things in their places, finding flowers, etc. I do like FROGs as a rule, but not this one. I had NO sound as far as speaking voices, but I couldn't click through all that dialogue fast enough.......and what's with the blinding light between each task? Almost made me reach for my sunglasses..........at 9:30 PM...... Oh well, to those who liked and bought it.........have fun...........as for me, I'll keep looking

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 28, 10 8:43 PM
Not bad actually. The sound went out after a few lines, which was okay. They didn't really have anything of much interest to say anyway, so I just clicked through it all and got as far as Jane landing on the island. Was very different from the last few dark scary HOGs. Items not difficult to find, but had to really look for a few of them. Clear graphics, nice layout. I really didn't like the bright light. Was way over used. Went off in the end of each completed area and hit you again at the beginning of the next one. Way too bright for a game. However, not one for me this time.

[Post New]by jaybon on Nov 29, 10 1:20 AM
Poutoule wrote:Well, I guess I'll be the bad one in this forum. What an incredebly boring game. Nice, clear graphics, good voices. Terrorists now, we hadn't tried that yet, glad the girl didn't take her grandfather with her, or he would have been the first one to be missing. It's obvious that, if I had been caught by terrorists, I would go in the jungle to pick up a bunch of flowers and in the meantime get rid of traps, as dangerous for men and beasts, as a mouse trap. Objects are so easy to find, they kind of jump right into your face. There's bound to be a grandfather as there's a straight razor, Christ almighty, just show me one person still using that ( apart the ones intending to cut throats of course). Cerise sur le gâteau : I'm sick and tired of gears games, may be further on you'll have to connect electricity in order to torture some of the hostages or terrorists. And obviously there's the "good" terrorist, who ended there after a cruel life. No, no, no, that's a bit too much. Ask the hostages in Pakistan (if we ever see them again) to get a clear view of what terrorists are. Never though I would write that long but this game really made me cross.
Otherwise it might perfectly be enjoyable for people loving straight, easy hidden objects games.

[Post New]by jaybon on Nov 29, 10 1:24 AM
Love your review Poutoule -absolutely agree with you on all points. Straight edge razors but no cigars.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 29, 10 1:28 AM
I really enjoyed the demo and I'll be buying this game next month.

The devs put alot of effort into the graphics and there are many enjoyable animated details. I like the music as well...very unusual for me to like game music.

The story suffered a bit but I'm one of a tiny minority that likes a good deep story line so that will not be a negative for most fishies, I think.

I would have preferred to have the voice acting continue through the whole game but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Happy gaming!!!

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 1:29:44 AM PST

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Nov 29, 10 2:25 AM
I have to agree with the other reviewers on this one-the dialogue is embarassingly bad and way too long. I really like FROGs but this one just seemed clunky, and that's a shame because the concept could have been a fantastic game.

a definite no-buy for me.

[Post New]by UrusShaitan on Nov 29, 10 3:06 AM
I consider this game to be a breath of fresh air among dull and gloomy games. It is so colorful and vivd. Enjoy playing!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 29, 10 7:22 AM
I have finished this game now & my good review has not changed from yesterday.

However, I feel I have to comment on what has already been said, this game is of a very impressive length and offeres a wide variety of locations. An excellent value for money buy.

Go to: