peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:last puzzle

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 3, 08 4:11 PM
Turalyon wrote:I did it!!

Man, that was a pain in the butt...

Yay!! I know!!! NOT fun--just a pain . . . kind of like cleaning a closet or something. You know you can do it, but do you really want to????

Have to admit, though, the glass cracking over the heart as you go is pretty cool . . .

DeeItsMe
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Last Puzzle

[Post New]by DeeItsMe on Dec 3, 08 10:28 PM
[b] I say we feed the numbers to the trolls ! Maybe they will choke on them ... rofl !!

I too did the skip puzzle .. but have saved all your hints to help when I start again.

I know that the odd or uneven number of #'s does make it possible to move one space at a time. Then flipping back to fix them. Going countr clockwise does mess it up - but it can be fixed clockwise on the flip !!

APPLAUSE APPLAUSE to see Charlie go "POOF"

I truly was amazed with this game ... cannot wait for #3

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 4, 08 5:00 AM
Final game – 17 numbers
There are 2 parts to this explanation since it is longer than what will fit in one post.

The object is to put all 17 numbers in order clockwise around the dial and finish with the numbers 1 2 3 along the top. The top 3 spaces can flip and this is how the numbers can be moved. I will call this section of 3 spaces the flipper. When you are learning how to do this puzzle it is a good idea to start with the 1 on the left side on the flipper. Each time you put a number in the right place, rotate back to the flipper with your numbers that are in order and put the 1 on the left side of the flipper. This helps while you are learning but you don’t have to do it. This game is harder to explain than it is to play.

There are two ways you can place the next number in the sequence.

Part 1 – even number of spaces
If you have 1 2 3 4 at the top of the board then count clockwise around the dial and see how many other numbers are between 4 and 5. If there are an even number of spaces between 4 and 5 then you can rotate the 5 around behind the 4.

Rotate the dial until the 5 is on the right side of the flipper at the top of the dial. Flip it. This will move two numbers from between the 4 and the 5.

Rotate the dial in a clockwise direction until the 5 is on the right side of the flipper at the top of the dial. Flip it. This will move two more numbers from between the 4 and the 5.

Continue to do this until the 5 moves into place behind the 4.

Edited on 11/23/2009 at 5:04:51 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 4, 08 5:01 AM
Final game – 17 numbers

Part 2 – odd number of spaces

If you have 1 2 3 4 at the top of the board then count clockwise around the dial and see how many other numbers are between 4 and 5. If there are an odd number of spaces between 4 and 5 then you can rotate the 5 around through the 1 2 3 4 from the front side.

Rotate the dial until the 5 is on the left side of the flipper at the top of the dial. Flip it. This will move two numbers from between the 5 and the 1. You will be approaching the number that you already have in order from the front.

Rotate the dial in a counter clockwise direction until the 5 is on the left side of the flipper at the top of the dial. Flip it. This will move two more numbers from between the 5 and the 1.

Continue to do this until the 5 and the 1 are both in the flipper. Flip it. Now you will change directions and move the dial one space in the clockwise direction. This will move the 5 off the flipper into the 1st space to the right of the flipper. Now flip the flipper without the 5 being on it.

Rotate the dial in a counter clockwise direction until the 5 is on the left side of the flipper at the top of the dial. Flip it. Again change directions and move the dial one space in the clockwise direction. This will move the 5 off the flipper into the 1st space to the right of the flipper. Now flip the flipper without the 5 being on it.

Continue flipping the flipper with the five in the left position and then with the 5 off the flipper until the 5 has moved through the 1 2 3 4. You will then have the two unrelated numbers and the 5 on the flipper. The four will be just off to the left side of the flipper and the 5 will be on the right side of the flipper. Now flip the 5 into place behind the 4.

When you have to move a number from the front through the numbers that are in order it is very important to stay focused. You have to flip the flipper with the number on it then move it to the right side and flip the flipper without it. Then move it back onto the flipper and continue. This process keeps your existing numbers in order.

Re:getting frustrated

[Post New]by 1forme1foru on Dec 4, 08 9:58 AM
i am about ready to give up this game,,i keep getting stuck so much ,,i been in toy sore and school house but cant get any further,,what do i have to do next,,can any one help me.ty

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

Re:getting frustrated

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 4, 08 10:04 AM
1forme1foru wrote:i am about ready to give up this game,,i keep getting stuck so much ,,i been in toy sore and school house but cant get any further,,what do i have to do next,,can any one help me.ty

Welcome to the Pond! The first thing we need to know is what is in your inventory right now? Also . . . have you found the Gingerbread house yet?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 5, 08 2:21 AM
When you have an odd number of spaces between a number and the next number in the sequence you have to bring the number around from the front and through the other numbers that are already in order.

I have posted 15 pictures of an example that shows how to move a number from the front through the other numbers and put it in place.

Please send me a message if you would like the link to these pictures.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by almarcam332 on Dec 5, 08 8:36 PM
I am glad to see that I was not the only one to have major problems with this puzzle! I too finally gave up, but am playing the game again and will try to do it with no skips this time. Thanks to everyone for all the great tips!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 5, 08 10:59 PM
I actually kind of liked this puzzle- more so than the spinning picture on the gingerbread house or the #$$^#% peacock puzzle....

[Post New]by Cynthia33467 on Dec 6, 08 2:04 PM
Hi everyone, This is my first time using this forum and I keep reading what you all say, but I'm not sure how this works, this is sort of a test on my part to see how this works, sorry if it is bothersome.

Last Puzzle

[Post New]by Cynthia33467 on Dec 6, 08 2:28 PM
nflynn wrote:I am going insane! I finally skipped the puzzle to end it. I could not get all the numbers in the correct order...please help! It is bugging me that I could not finish it after spending hours on this game!

Could anyone tell me what the hypodermic needle does, i can't figure it out. Pardon my lack of intelligence. I'm new here I hope I am using the forum properly.

Edited on 12/06/2008 at 2:29:44 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Last Puzzle

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 6, 08 3:10 PM
Cynthia33467 wrote:
nflynn wrote:I am going insane! I finally skipped the puzzle to end it. I could not get all the numbers in the correct order...please help! It is bugging me that I could not finish it after spending hours on this game!

Could anyone tell me what the hypodermic needle does, i can't figure it out. Pardon my lack of intelligence. I'm new here I hope I am using the forum properly.

Nothing really- it speeds up the heart for a bit.

rccarsx8
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rccarsx8 on Dec 7, 08 11:09 PM
Can someone plz help me? How do u get the thing to move to change the numbers? I pressed the heart and syringe, Don't know how to move the part to the next three. Bout to skip!!! Would like to know how to do it? Also do u have to do anything with the controls?

Nevermind figured it out just how to move it/ Trying to figure out how to get the numbers rt.

Edited on 12/07/2008 at 11:13:43 PM PST

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Dec 7, 08 11:43 PM
Those instructions all look pretty complicated to me. Here's what I did, and although it takes a while you get there in the end and it's quite simple.

Start with 1. If 2 isn't the next number to it, turn the wheel so that 2 is in the first of the three moveable positions at the top. Now click on the heart, then the right hand arrow. Keep alternating these two and eventually 2 will end up next to 1. You may need to go round a couple of times, but keep clicking and it WILL happen. Then turn the wheel so that the next number in sequence is in the left hand position of the top three and start clicking again.

As if by magic, the numbers will get themselves into order, Just remember, heart, arrow, heart, arrow, until the number's in the right place.

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by ghibran7654 on Dec 8, 08 1:31 AM
Ummm...
I'd Skipped This Puzzle...

It's Too Insane...

[Post New]by Undertaker86 on Dec 8, 08 2:18 AM
I've solved it...It isn't too hard...

Somebody could make a video walkthrough of this game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 8, 08 4:42 AM
I have posted in Photobucket the pictures and detailed written instructions on how to move the numbers in the Final Puzzle. You have to move them forward and backward but backward is the most difficult so those are the pictures that I have posted.

When you have an odd number of spaces between a number and the next number in the sequence you have to bring the number around from the front and through the other numbers that are already in order. I have posted 15 example pictures that show how to move a number from the front through the other numbers and put it in place.

To find these pictures:
Put the word photobucket in your search engine, I use Google but you can use any search engine. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site. On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request. Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album MCF RTR. Click on a picture to enlarge it.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 5:34:54 AM PST

[Post New]by Undertaker86 on Dec 8, 08 5:17 AM
LizzieK wrote:
I have posted in Photobucket the pictures and detailed written instructions on how to move the numbers in the Final Puzzle. You have to move them forward and backward but backward is the most difficult so those are the pictures that I have posted.

When you have an odd number of spaces between a number and the next number in the sequence you have to bring the number around from the front and through the other numbers that are already in order. I have posted 15 example pictures that show how to move a number from the front through the other numbers and put it in place.

To find these pictures:
Put the word photobucket in your search engine, I use Google but you can use any search engine. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site. On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request. Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album MCF RTR. Click on a picture to enlarge it.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and enjoy the game.

I've already finished the game without skipping any puzzles...My suggestion was refered to other users.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 8, 08 5:26 AM
I was responding to the suggestion about the video. I don't have a video camera yet but I did the best I could with still shots.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Undertaker86 on Dec 9, 08 4:29 AM
No matter if you have or not a video camera..You can use a program to make video of games..

I use Fraps.

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 4:36:58 AM PST

Go to: