GENERAL TIPS & STRATEGIES-spoiler alert

[Post New]by uncalum on Dec 5, 10 9:01 AM
After going back and playing some of the earlier levels, I've developed some strategies that seem to work well for most all of the levels:

At the beginning of each level place 3 peacannons near a narrow space where all the rodents have to travel through one at a time.

When you reach 100 sunshine points buy a tomato plant and place in the same area, if possible.

Next upgrade all three peacannons to one star each (50 sunshine points)

If it looks like some rodents may be getting through the narrow area, buy a cornplant to after the narrow area to protect the tomatoes.

As you gain sunshine points continue to upgrade your peacannons one at a time until you have a double peacannon (150 sunshine points).

Usually, there are some flying rodents about wave 7 or 8, so sometimes its a good idea to buy at least one or two cactus plants to help with the flying ones and place them in the same narrow area, but don't upgrade these as there aren't many flying rodents to deal with.

Next, buy the poison flower and place it right at the entrance where the bugs first come out, buy a second one as soon as you can & place at other entrances if theres more than one. This allows them to begin breaking down the bugs first before they reach the narrow area that has all the other plants working.

After the peacannons are upgraded to double shooters, it's best to add more tomato plants and corn plants instead of further upgrading the peacannons as it's usually cheaper to do this than wait for 250 points or more to upgrade the peacannons.

Upgrade your tomato plants, corn plants, and poison flowers to level 3 (150 points) as you gain points.

After the last wave of flying bugs comes through (usually 2 or 3 waves before the final wave) sell your cactus plants off and either add more tomato & corn plants or upgrade your peacannons for the final waves of ground critters.

The hardest part, for me, is getting through the first few waves without losing any tomatoes. If you can get through the first few without losing any, then the rest of the level is easy, and you can get a perfect score.

Hope this advice helps. Happy gaming

Stuck on Level 23

[Post New]by jlpkoffee on Dec 5, 10 11:59 AM
I am also stuck on level 23...does anyone have any tips? Played it a bunch of times with different configurations and still can't get past it!

Edited on 12/05/2010 at 11:59:54 AM PST

hrhqoroses
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Welcome to Garden Panic forum

[Post New]by hrhqoroses on Dec 6, 10 7:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I've come up with solutions for several levels, (including 23), and put them on my web site. Since we're not allowed to post links on the forum, please PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thanks,
Katherine

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 8, 10 2:33 AM
As a reminder to those that keep posting they cannot get their plants to upgrade, you need to go into your Labratory and assign the upgrade points you have earned.

Katherine (hrhqoroses) has some great tips and she is trustworthy so PM her for a link.

I do have one other issue that I think BFG should note. Spelling counts. If a game developer wants to be considered professional, they need to spell check. On the Restart option of this game, the pop up has it spelled "Resart" instead of Restart. I do not want to be nit picky but as a former English teacher these type of stupid errors are very annoying. It may not matter to some people but I hate to think of all the children playing this game seeing that error over and over again. To me it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

[Post New]by friedpigs on Dec 8, 10 5:00 AM
Does anybody know how to beat the last level. I have been trying for a while now and cant seem to find the right combination.

GENERAL TIPS & STRATEGIES-spoiler alert

[Post New]by makailu on Dec 10, 10 5:32 AM
Thank you, uncalum, that was by far the most useful advice I've found here yet. I couldn't manage to get past level 9, however much I tried, until I used your method

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 10, 10 1:45 PM
Still stuck on level 23. In fact, although grateful for your help Katherine, I die a lot quicker using your system than I do making my own - but still die.
Thinking of deleting the game, as what's the point in not being able to play?

[Post New]by quackyshack on Dec 10, 10 5:04 PM
Level 9
Here is how you get gold
start off with two corn plants on each side and then one pea shooter in the back on the left where the funnel begins then when you have enough sun put another on the left side same position. after that put a tomato plant on the left side next to the corn and then upgraded the corn on the right. this should get you to the point where you need to buy a cactus put it on the left side as well. then start upgrading the corn and the pea shooters when it comes to the end be sure to sell off the cactus on the final wave this should give enough sun to upgraded one pea shooter and you should beat it with gold. I hope this helps someone.

[Post New]by willysr on Dec 12, 10 7:38 AM
I'm also unable to beat the last boss, but i was so close to beat it.
Use the most powerful plant (second plant) and upgrade it to the highest level and put it on the U part of the screen. That's where the boss' health will be drained

save your money by recycling unused plant and use other plants as minimum as possible. Concentrate on the final boss only.

[Post New]by willysr on Dec 12, 10 4:49 PM
@ElizabethR1533: here's my solution of level 23: http://yfrog.com/6525170622j

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 14, 10 12:06 PM
Good advice, uncalam. Thanks!

[Post New]by willysr on Dec 15, 10 1:05 AM
I got a comment from other people about how to beat the last boss in level 30 and they have created a video in YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OW44n59uec

[Post New]by Galadriul on Dec 15, 10 7:36 AM
Level 28 please...grrrr...cant do it...this is nuts.

[Post New]by ktlove2sign on Dec 15, 10 10:03 PM
What in the world is a calling early bonus and how do I get it? Apparantly you get points for it but I have no idea what it is! Can anyone help?

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 10:08:56 PM PST

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Dec 16, 10 12:16 AM
ktlove2sign wrote:What in the world is a calling early bonus and how do I get it? Apparantly you get points for it but I have no idea what it is! Can anyone help?

hello ktlove; on the right side of the screen where you can see the pictures of the bugs, you will see the word "attack" and below it is the number of waves for a certain level; after the numbers, you'll see pictures of the bugs and how many there are, if you click on that rectangle, it will speed up & scroll upwards immediately. you don't need to wait for the 2nd wave if your plants have finished killing all the bugs. also, you can also click on the 2nd & 3rd wave simultaneously, but I don't recommend doing this since the bugs meant for wave 3 will also crawl out of their lair together with bugs from the 2nd wave; more bugs that early in the game means your plants can't hit them all at once, so its better to wait for later waves to do this.

happy gaming!

[Post New]by mrsdutyjr on Dec 16, 10 12:13 PM
does anyone have tips on level 26?

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Dec 17, 10 6:56 PM
mrsdutyjr wrote:does anyone have tips on level 26?

hello mrsdutyjr I have uploaded a video on youtube for level 26 if you are interested; just go to their website and search for "level 26 garden panic"

happy gaming!

Dreaded Level 23

[Post New]by ytatton on Dec 18, 10 10:01 AM
Like wise, I have tried everything I can think of and no matter what I try (Level up my plants, go for plant quantity over quality) I still get all my Strawberries eaten by the vermin. Anyone have a clue?

WebiG
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

hrhqoroses advice is working for me!

[Post New]by WebiG on Dec 24, 10 5:23 PM
Great tips Katherine. Sometimes it takes a few times, as I think there is a certain amount of randomness with which way bugs go, but eventually I have gotten gold on levels 1-22 so far (level 9 took a long time to get gold on, but eventually it worked).

Still trying to beat level 27... I JUST realized that you can rearrange the stars in your lab to accentuate certain traits or plants to prepare for the next level. Very helpful. You just click on the "backspace" arrow in that appears in each rectangle with stars in it.

LEVEL 23

[Post New]by lilshark on Dec 30, 10 8:20 PM
hephzibah1969 wrote:Any hints gratefully received as I'm totally stuck.

I'm stuck there, too. Money doesn't build fast enough to add enough fire power, nor does upgrading heavy hitters work either.

Still trying. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Go to: