jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 30, 10 2:43 AM

Happy with the game, playing it, buying it and enjoying it!!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 30, 10 2:46 AM
Nice graphics, the "chinese" music fits pretty well a mahjong game but gets annoying in this one. No problem with the books, apart from the last one, took me a good five minutes frantically looking for a drawer knob...I guess the answer was simple for some people but not for me. Who was talking about dark scenes ? It's pretty bad in the cellar, wouldn't have found the lizard without a hint. But the worst was to come, in the bedroom I tried to use the magnifying-glass to look for the key, when I clicked on it I was taken back to the ground floor as, in my inventory, the damned thing was right in front of the door. After a few unsuccessful atempts I gave up. No buy for me, I'm not patient enough, may be as a DD. (Hi DD, have a nice day !).

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

where to place the books

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Nov 30, 10 2:56 AM
Look for a faint outline that appears on the table and place books there one at a time. Keep playing around with cursor until the outline appears!!

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Nov 30, 10 3:14 AM
I definitely will not be buying this game. My journal wouldn't let me turn the pages unless I clicked on it repeatedly so I couldn't even go back and look for the clues for the safe. Can't pick up the magnifying glass from my inventory - it just keeps returning me to the main room of the house. Try to click to find things and the curser "falls apart" on me. VERY frustrating because it looks like it would have been a good story line. Just got too aggravated to try to play anymore and had to trash it!!

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Nov 30, 10 3:18 AM
I'll preface my remarks with - I downloaded the demo on my laptop, instead of my desktop, so I am not positive that my issues would be identical on my desktop. I could not finish the demo. The game froze on a whim, and I agree with an earlier comment that the game felt "clunky". I wasted scads of time finding out that I had to pick up books in a certain order, and their placement on the table had to be "just so"; otherwise, they would not stay put. Grammar errors were numerous and annoying in the dialogue. Developers who cannot hire proofreaders do not deserve my money. The memorial puzzle pieces would not move.... until they felt like moving....that is when I had enough of this one. This game had potential, but was released without scrutiny or stellar quality testing. This is a "no buy" for me.

[Post New]by gail_p on Nov 30, 10 3:45 AM
goofyduck: If you press alt+tab while in the game it will take you back to anything you have on desktop - hence no need to put game in window mode.

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Nov 30, 10 4:02 AM
gail_p wrote:goofyduck: If you press alt+tab while in the game it will take you back to anything you have on desktop - hence no need to put game in window mode.

You are right gail, its simple to do so..

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 30, 10 4:25 AM
Nice little adventure/IHOG. No hand-holding though, so not suitable for pure HOG fans but if you like to use your brain and want a challenge it is definitely one to consider.

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Nov 30, 10 4:32 AM
QEIII wrote:Nice little adventure/IHOG. No hand-holding though, so not suitable for pure HOG fans but if you like to use your brain and want a challenge it is definitely one to consider.

yeah. Its really challenging to play. Dragon Dance is all about Adventure and Challenging. Wow !

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Nov 30, 10 4:34 AM
Help please I am up to placing the carpet on the floor in the cellar, I am suppose to go upstairs to Edward room but nothing happens I am suppose to find a magnifying glass, solvent but the walkthrough does not help me where have I gone wrong. Hints do not help me either it says no hints available here

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 30, 10 4:42 AM
Based on these comments, I can't wait to get home and play. I so love a challenge and would rather be frustrated than having too much hand-holding (as long as there's a walk-through for me to fall back on). I just learned the alt-tab trick and boy, has it saved me loads of time (I used to close out of game - duh!). I'll post again after playing demo.

Gail

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 5:09 AM
I can see where goofyduck is having a problem with the game locking up when he tries to send it to window mode - I couldn't do the alt+tab without it locking up, and finally had to cntrl+alt+del to start the task manager to close it down that way. I just wanted to check the walkthrough, but the game locked on me.

I haven't played very long so far (still looking for the books) but the game iteslf looks interesting. It's just annoying that I can't toggle between the game and my desktop.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Nov 30, 10 5:14 AM
I think I would have liked this game however, had to make my monitor screen smaller to play which made it hard to see so no buy for me....sad

birdlady101

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Nov 30, 10 5:17 AM
girouard347 wrote:Well, I stumbled my way to the memorial and found all hidden objects and solved all puzzles up to the sliding key puzzle. I could not figure out any logic as to how to make the blocks slide. Sometimes they slid but it seemed it was more of a whim on their part. No rhyme or reason to it. This game is way too frustrating and the quality and story line were not good enough, in my opinion, to make me want to continue (ie: purchase) it. I don't care for games that take you by the hand and lead you through the game, but sometimes you do need a little bit more instruction than what they provided in this one.

girouard347, the slider puzzle was kind of tricky. I discovered that all you have to do to slide a piece is click on whatever edge is facing the direction you want it to go. If you want it to move to the left, click on its left edge; to move it up, click on its top edge, etc.

I only played the hour-long demo (got to the temple and completed a few tasks there), but must agree with joelchrist that it's a fun game once you get the hang of it. The mechanics are a little different from the usual IHOG, but I found it to be very intriguing and original. A buy for me as soon as my credits come through. Try it for yourselves, fishies -- many of you will like it.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Nov 30, 10 5:27 AM
gail_p wrote:goofyduck: If you press alt+tab while in the game it will take you back to anything you have on desktop - hence no need to put game in window mode.

Hi Gail and goofyduck,

You are both right . Alt + Tab will take your game to the Start Bar and so will the "Windows Key". They serve the same function. The Windows key is in the lower row of keys on the left hand side usually. Placing the game in a "Window" is entirely different. Hope this helps.

If it freezes while hitting the "Windows" key it should also freeze using Alt + Tab.

After all of that.... , game is frustrating for me and will stick with Hidden Mysteries for now. Got several punch cards filled and set for a new month...hehehe

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 30, 10 6:00 AM
I love this game A definite buy for me. I had no trouble placing the books on the table or moving from area to area in the demo as some have mentioned. The screen resolution is perfect for my wide-screen monitor and the cursor doesn't bobble or float around. The music is okay and the hints recharge pretty quickly. Overall, if you like iH0g/H0 games I think you will like this one. Enjoy and have fun

Faylyn

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Nov 30, 10 6:20 AM
Not too sure about this one. I really want to like it. I got only a few minutes into the game before I got stuck. Im supposed to enter and symbols correctly on the safe. I did, according to the book, but nothing. And I didnt notice a skip button. Is this not considered a puzzle or are there no skip buttons? If no skip buttons, it's a definite no buy.

I am not purchasing this yet, but I am not completing the trial yet either. I will wait until I get a few answers, or a walkthrough to answer a few of my questions first.

However, I thought the graphics were nice and clear. The misclick pentalty is your cursor breaking apart for a very short while and it's nothing bothersome.

louroche
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by louroche on Nov 30, 10 6:27 AM
maggieannie43 wrote:Help please I am up to placing the carpet on the floor in the cellar, I am suppose to go upstairs to Edward room but nothing happens I am suppose to find a magnifying glass, solvent but the walkthrough does not help me where have I gone wrong. Hints do not help me either it says no hints available here

I can't find the chimes..........tried clicking on the carpet to get it into the bag, it's not doing anything. Checked the walkthrough, but I guess I'm not understanding what to do. Can you help me please? I've gotten everything else in the basement so far except that step. Thanks.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 6:29:59 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 30, 10 6:48 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:If you are patient and love to figure things out you will like the game - that is the kind of game it is. I haven't needed a walkthrough.... just sayin'.

Same here shadow, a falulous game. Patience is needed and it could be a long one, as I am slow at the easier games. (2 days and 2 great games). I won't say I haven't struggled but items can be found!
Needs a bit of fine tuning, I get the impression that there was no beta done on this and if there was the devs ignored all the comments. ROFL! Against the majority again but I love this and will buy tomorrow as I have filled my card for this month.
PS. Have the devs of this game done anything else? Have fun all.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 30, 10 6:52 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Oh, I thought the windows key (the one between the alt and the control keys) did the same thing - I'll try that on another game - since this one has run out of time. Thanks for the info!

Same here but not for the walkthrough. LOL! The windows key locked the game up and I tried the alt + tab key and it did nothing. Thank you anyway for that hint joel christ. FABULOUS GAME despite this.

Go to: