bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Garden Panic

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 26, 11 10:25 AM
Hey drgonfli,

From what I remember, you can only upgrade once you’ve gained enough experience to upgrade to the next level, but will use the sun energy. You will see what plants you can upgrade via the the indicator (yellow up arrow with UP). Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by LibraryTeri on Sep 19, 11 5:53 AM
It's definitely not as graphically funny as plants vs. zombies. That game is just the tops for me. I hate that cost for plants and even upgrades goes up. I've been stuck on level 22 for days and none of the suggestions I've seen online work. So I decided to hang it up; I refuse to play this game any longer; it's just not worth the frustration--especially since there isn't any humor whatsoever to keep it interesting. Overall...blah and way to frustrating. Wish I never bought this.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Oct 18, 11 4:59 PM
Discovered this by accident after browsing the online games and bought it right away. Prefer this over PvZ because it's freeform and the winding path offers strategical opportunities.

Sometimes it runs very slowly for me, almost freezes and I have to exit and relaunch. I also had a problem where I had a perfect score all the way to the late 20s and the next time I launched the game, my profile vanished and I had to start over.

Really fun game, makes you think, can be frustrating until you figure out what works for you - in my case planting poison trails. I like that you can approach the same level in different ways and still get a perfect score, you aren't forced to play a certain way.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 2, 12 9:03 PM
I loved this game from the minute I bought it and kept it on my Game Manager forever because it is the kind of game you will want to play over and over again.
With every power up you use, there could be a variety of outcomes.
It is fun for all ages, nothing scary except fruit eaters.
I recommend it especially for people that enjoy Tower Defense strategy games.

[Post New]by lioony on Mar 5, 12 6:33 PM
So will you still be interested in checking out a new farming simulation game when it hits Facebook? Here we mean Astro Garden. --- mmohunter

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Mar 12, 12 11:34 PM
I think the biggest problem is the very limited tutorial and no "how to play" screens. I see I am not the only one who did not know how to get more plants. It also seems to have been a secret about bringing the next wave of bugs faster.

uhyea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Nothing 'cept peas

[Post New]by uhyea on Aug 22, 12 11:41 AM
Nothing works except the pea shooters. No other plants available. I've clicked on everything, loaded everything with stars, un-installed and re-installed- nothing 'cept peas. Even the editor is not working properly. I can make a game but can't save it. All the way to end with gold and peashooters. Can't beat the last one without the other plants. Perhaps a re-write of the game is in order? Have I thrown away my money? hmmm.....

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Aug 30, 12 5:03 PM
I reinstalled the game the other day. The game will not save a profile. I played the first 7 levels with perfect and closed the game. Came back to play the next day and my profile was gone and had to start over. What gives?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 30, 12 5:15 PM
Hi NavyDood,

I'm sorry your game is doing that, that is definitely frustrating. When a game isn't saving I've found that sometimes running the game or the game manager can help clear that up. If you click these two help articles below, it will walk you through what I mean.

Game Not Saving
Run Game as Administrator

However, if you try that and your game still isn't saving then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team who can help you with your purchase in anyway they can.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Aug 31, 12 7:34 AM
See two posts below.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 8:28:36 AM PST

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Aug 31, 12 8:47 PM
Well, nevermind. Still not saving a profile. I deleted the game, went through the c: drive with a fine tooth comb looking for anything garden, panic, and/or garden panic related and deleted that all too. Yes, I know what I am doing and didn't delete anything win7 related. I then deleted game manager, reinstalled it, and then reinstalled Garden Panic. It will still will not save a profile. This is the only game ever on BFG that I have had this problem.

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Sep 1, 12 8:22 PM
Got it figured out. Garden Panic runs/utilizes flash player so the save game file is part of Flash Player and only saves in the temporary internet files. I always run internet explorer "Delete browser history on exit" in internet options/browsing history because I don't like the unnecessary build up of temp files . I unchecked the "delete browser history on exit" box and all is good. I started and closed the game at least five times and my profile was still there. Guess I'll attempt to beat the game then go back to my old ways of keeping a clean browsing history computer everytime I close Internet Explorer.

The whole "Run as Administrator" has no affect either way now that I figured out the issue is with Flash Player.

*UPDATE* Four days later and all is still good with the profile saving with what I mentioned just above in this post.

Edited on 09/05/2012 at 2:09:24 PM PST

TiddK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by TiddK on Jun 23, 14 11:14 AM
There's a major drawback to this game! In the Lab, you can work out fairly easily that you have to click on a plant's box on the left, to be able to use it - this costs you one star for each plant.

Then, you go on upgrading each plant by giving stars as you earn them. I usually upgrade pea-cannon, cactus and corn as my main strategy plants, and I get them up to the maximum 15 stars in both categories.

BUT ...

I've played the whole game right through FOUR times (apart from Level 30 which I can't beat) without realising one very important fact : it's no good upgrading a plant to 15 stars UNLESS YOU ALSO CLICK INSIDE THE SECOND AND THIRD 'PLANT PICTURE' !!!!! (Costing one star each plant).

I wondered why each plant always looks the same even after upgrade - I had never got the plants past the first five stars during the game itself.

Here is my recommendation to the developers : IT'S NOT OBVIOUS!! Therefore, don't allow players to award stars beyond the first 5, unless they have first clicked on the blank picture box. The sequence should be, e.g. for the pea-cannon :
1. Click on first pea-cannon box (extreme left)
2. Award up to 5 stars in each category
3. Click on second pea-cannon 'picture' (it's actually an empty box) in the middle
4. Award up to 5 more stars in each category
5. Click on third pea-cannon 'picture' towards the right
6. Award up to 5 more stars in each category
And no-one should be able to do the next thing in that sequence unless they have gone through the steps before it.

Go to: