Re:Post any Garden Panic technical issues here only

[Post New]by felix1975 on Dec 13, 10 10:03 AM
nanekochan wrote:I am having the problem the first poster had, that when I replay a level and get gold, the garden map does not update with my new color and level info. Specifically this happened with level 5 and a couple of levels. Some levels update correctly. For but level 5 at least, I got gold more than once and still cannot make my map display this. Other than that, things seem to work. Thanks.

I am having this problem, but just (so far) with level 14. I got a copper on my first try and have redone the level and got gold several times since, but the garden map still shows that I've only got a copper?
The other levels (up to 24 as I cannot get past level 25) upgrade fine when i get a better result.

[Post New]by ladyofunicorns on Dec 13, 10 12:05 PM
destiny21225 wrote:ive noticed some kind of glitch. ill get up a couple lvls 7-9 and then ill leave and come back and my saved game is gone. did this to me 3 times.

I am still having the same issue. I realized that it is mostly when I turn off my laptop and come back later that my saved game is gone. Laptops aren't meant to be left on 24/7 and since I have wireless, I will not leave it on anyway because of that.

Is anyone else having this issue? And if you aren't, how are you bypassing this problem? Did you have to fix it?

I already tried to delete garden panic and then reinstall it - did that twice, and it didn't help.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 13, 10 12:34 PM
Hi everyone!

If you're having trouble getting Garden Panic to save your progress and rankings, I'd recommend following the steps in this help article:

Save Errors

If you continue to have any trouble afterward, please get in touch with Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by monicasdestiny on Dec 13, 10 3:56 PM
cbrad45337 wrote:
TerriHaute wrote:Also, I am not getting any new plants, the only one available is the pea cannon, even though I am adding stars to new plants in the lab. What am I doing wrong?

Me too-how do I access the plants other than the peashooters?

this is happening to me also. HELP!!!

[Post New]by christine217 on Dec 20, 10 5:59 PM
I am playing Garden Panic and getting some of the same issues that others are as well. I thought at first that the Pea Cannon was the only available weapon bit it is not. When you get 5 stars and you go into the LAB click on the picture of the next plant (even though it looks like nothing is there) once you click on the box it lites up. You may have to put some stars on that plant first then click on the main picture. It is the same for all the plants....they don't just appear ready to use....just click on them and they will lite up. This is in the LAB room!!

What is really frustrating is that when you exit the game to come back and play later your character and levels are not saved. I had to start over twice already.....that is horrible.!! It saved only once and when I started it up later it worked. Please fix this!!!!!

[Post New]by punkweazel on Dec 24, 10 3:27 AM
The game was plodding along just fine, until I tried to play level 13 and the screen goes blank. Since no one else has mentioned the problem, I assume it's just me. I want to keep playing, so I was wondering if it's possible to re-install the program and see if that fixes it.

[Post New]by Surferess on Jan 5, 11 6:35 AM
destiny21225 wrote:ive noticed some kind of glitch. ill get up a couple lvls 7-9 and then ill leave and come back and my saved game is gone. did this to me 3 times.

This has happened to me 7-8 times, and now I keep the game open for hours on end so it wont lose my profiles. Last night, I made it all the way up to level 38, closed the game, and when I got back in all my data was gone! *Grrrr* I was fit to be tied! Not sure if I can make it thru levels 1-30 all over again.

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 11:10:15 AM PST

[Post New]by MommaJen536 on Feb 9, 11 11:09 AM
Hi, I am getting an error message that 'Garden Panic has stopped working'. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and still get the same error. Any suggestions? This isn't the first time I've had an error like this. However it is the first time uninstall/reinstall hasn't fixed the issue.

SuzMaroon
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by SuzMaroon on Jun 14, 11 12:51 PM
Why are there no responses to technical issues? I'm having the same problem someone else reported with level 14. The first time I played it I got silver. I went back and got gold yet the garden screen doesn't update with a gold medal. I've done it 4 or 5 times now and it won't update with the new medal.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 14, 11 12:59 PM
Hey SuzMaroon,

I don't remember having troubles with the game saving gold medals when going back to achieve it. You might want to see if trying these troubleshooting steps will help with this:

Save Errors

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if this helps.

Although our tech issues threads are a great place for our players to check for recurring trends, the best way to receive help for any problems you're having with your game is by contacting our Tech Support team. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by thebloodyrederin on Dec 6, 11 3:24 PM
I was having the same problem. Very frustrating! But this works. Thanks!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 4, 12 4:00 AM
It seems to be flash-related
This post in The Great Tree forum explains how to save your profile data and restore it again if it vanishes: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182033.page

[Post New]by snowangelcold on Mar 10, 12 10:27 PM
I am almost finished with the game and can not get any other plants other than the peashooter. I have tried clicking on the grayed out plants but that doesn't seem to help either. How do I get other plants, I have just about all of them fully upgraded with stars but no access to them! Please help!

[Post New]by hsarnoff on Sep 17, 12 8:41 AM
same problem with saved games. Was on level 30, lost, restarted, lost again then existed the game. Next time I started all my saved games were gone. Started again from level one but no more games are being saved.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 17, 12 10:17 AM
Hi hsarnoff,

I'm sorry that the game is starting over every time you go to play the game. In this case, I would take a look at our help article below to see if the troubleshooting steps help clear up this issue:

Game Not Saving

If you click the blue text it will take you right there. However, if the game still isn't saving your username after trying this, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this with you. In addition to that, it will help us better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Sep 17, 12 12:53 PM
Moderators... I have posted how to fix the save game issue for this game a few times now, but you keep going back to "Run as administrator" or the generic game won't save link. That is not the fix for this game.

I figured out why the game was not saving for me. Garden Panic runs/utilizes flash player so the save game file is part of Flash Player and only saves in the temporary internet files. I always run my systems with the Internet Explorer "Delete browser history on exit" box checked in internet options/browsing history. I do that because I don't like the build up of temporary internet files and cookies on my systems. After I unchecked the "delete browser history on exit" box, I haven't had a single issue with the game saving for me for over three weeks now. I finished the game this morning with gold on every single level including the last level. I will be going back to my old ways of keeping a clean browsing history computer everytime I close Internet Explorer now that I beat the game.

The whole "Run as Administrator" has no, zero, nada, zilch affect since the issue is with Flash Player.

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 12:56:00 PM PST

[Post New]by turfffy on Dec 11, 12 4:05 PM
punkweazel wrote:The game was plodding along just fine, until I tried to play level 13 and the screen goes blank. Since no one else has mentioned the problem, I assume it's just me. I want to keep playing, so I was wondering if it's possible to re-install the program and see if that fixes it.

I also have this problem, any solution?

Go to: