pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Albian: The Magic Convention

[Post New]by pixielily on Dec 1, 10 3:49 AM
This is not a bad game and my grandson loves the **** scenes and building the towers, etc. However, I had a glitch with the first puzzle (see tech report).

I did find out that you can get more than 3 hints when you collect the wands. I did not find the objects small as much as well hidden. The little fairy that will find an object for you I did find to be very, very hard to find.

I am going to wait on buying to see if anywhen else experiences glitches, but, this will be a buy for me as a childrens game.

As a childrens game I give it a 4 out of 5

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 1, 10 4:43 AM
Robilyn wrote:It is a no buy for me. Items are very small, and hard to see.

Ditto.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Dec 1, 10 4:44 AM
OH MY GOSH! I just played the free 60 minutes and I think I'm blind. I know I have a headache! This items are so small you have to look forever. I spent soooooo much time trying to find things. This might be worth $2.99. And I mean MIGHT.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 1, 10 5:26 AM
peglegann wrote:LOL! I have to go and try it out. 8" of snow here in Derbyshire. So I am stuck at home , cannot get to work .. Oooh what will I do today?

Yeah, I heard about the big storm hitting the UK and that area of Europe. I hope you have plenty of firewood stacked and ready, as well as lots of tea and cocoa.

Every once in a while I like a straight HOG, so I'm downloading this one now. I have a good-sized monitor on my desktop so the small items don't really bother me too much. As long as I don't run into green bananas hiding in a potted plant or ladybugs (or ladybirds, for those in the UK) who are sitting on red poppies, I usually do OK. I'll let you know what I think.

We're getting a dusting of snow here, but since it's our first snow that's "sticking" I'm going to count that as a snowstorm and make myself a nice pot of tea!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 1, 10 6:00 AM
CasualGran wrote:After 15 minutes I stopped playing the demo of this HOG. It's not that it's a bad game. Oh no, if you like HOG scene after HOG scene and repair an old castle with the money you'll earn from selling your found stuff, then this is a game for you! It has bright and colourful graphics, nice music and voice-overs and you can play in relaxed mode or in timed. You can set your screen to full or wide too, you can choose not to play the tutorial and you can switch cursors. All good things in a game, It even has a story without you having to help out your grandfather, that is to say... now you have to help out your aunt, the fairy godmother Oh well, of you like this game, you won't be too annoyed about it I suppose

But as I said, not my game. Too much HOG scenes the junkpyle style.

Anyway, to all fishies enthousiastic about this HOG: Happy Gaming!

YUK,thanks for the descriptive warning!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 1, 10 6:10 AM
Hello all.

I have to say I loved this game & the music. The story line was quirky & fun.

I was great having to look for jewels and wands etc and added an extra dimention.

However, I will not be buying it unless it becomes a daily deal as I found the objects just too hard to find & got eye ache.

It is not that they are particulaly obscure but very well hidden, but too well hidden for me even using glasses & having my nose almost upon the lap top.

For those who do not find this a problem will enjoy this refreshing basic HOG & I hope that is many of you.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Dec 1, 10 6:37 AM
not for me!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 1, 10 7:20 AM
Interesting game! But certainly NOT for everyone. I will purchase it as soon as my punch card credits come in. I may run out and buy a better pair of reading glasses first.

The scenes are bright and colorful, and there are at least two dozen scenes, so you won't get bored playing the same one over and over. However, it will take a LOT of patience. THe objects are small but clear, and I can't imagine playing this game on a small laptop.It looks like a very long game, too, because you need to rebuild the castle piece by piece. You earn money for the restorations by finding jewels and items to sell within the castle, finding things for the shopkeeper, helping the cook find ingredients, etc.

I did find one STD (spot the difference) within the hour I played and I hate those, but I did manage to find all 10 differences.

I played in Relaxed mode, because this game certainly requires time to really look for the objects - I couldn't handle racing a clock at the same time.

Overall, if you like straight HOGs and have patience, you will probably appreciate the exquisite atristry in this game. If you want an Adventrue or iHOG, if you have a small moniter, or poor eyesight, you won't like it at all.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 1, 10 7:23 AM
A big jumble of HOGs, no thanks. I played for 20 minutes and got so peed off I quit and deleted.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 1, 10 7:25 AM
peglegann wrote:[
LOL! I have to go and try it out. 8" of snow here in Derbyshire. So I am stuck at home , cannot get to work .. Oooh what will I do today?

You are lucky to live in such a quaint and beautiful place. Happy gaming.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 1, 10 7:48 AM
Just 2" snow here in Bedfordshire and I'm just back from pub after having a hot mulled wine . But even my mellow mood didn't warm me up to this game. Just one HOG scene after another. Although I enjoyed the renovation part, the searching for jewels, starry wands and incy-wincy fairies just seemed to switch my brain off. Sorry but not for me at all, even as a DD.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 1, 10 8:09 AM
I really liked this game. The graphics were very crisp and pretty, the music wasn't annoying, I liked the minigames, too (mark the calender ). It is pretty much like Gardenscapes just in a different setting and I was a sucker for that game lol.
And sometimes I like just a straight hog. I suck at fairy finding...you can count on one hand how many I got and the wands elude me a lot of times, too. True, a lot of the items are really small or really well hidden but not to the point that it annoys the heck out of me. I've also noticed that further into the game the rooms will be repeated, so it might get a bit easier to find things after a while.
So this is a buy for me

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 1, 10 8:55 AM
The graphics are bright and colorful, the music I always turn off, so can't comment on that. I consider this a kid's game, I don't know about anyone else. It gives new meaning to the term "junkpile." I don't believe I have ever seen so many objects in just one scene. I got dizzy looking for stuff. Really tiny, dark hidden stuff. Not one I will buy.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Dec 1, 10 9:09 AM
Oh well tomorrows another day,hopefully tomorrow will bring a better game and less snow lol

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Dec 1, 10 9:24 AM
I nearly stopped playing in the first two minutes after the voice over with the person suffering a speach impediment. It didn't get much better with very small objects in the HOG scenes and not much of a storyline. Did I blink and miss it? Not for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 1, 10 9:30 AM
Colourful "straightforward hog", for me not enough interactive. Items are often very small, you have only 3 hints at the beginning from a level (but can find more); two modes (relaxed mode and timed mode); storyline is a little bit uninteresting. No buy for me

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Dec 1, 10 9:42 AM
the game would have had a chance with different graphics and some adventure!!!

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 9:43:06 AM PST

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Dec 1, 10 9:46 AM

I enjoyed the entire Demo hour.
In fact, I was so into the game I was surprised when I was informed my time was up.

I turned the music off. I always find it find it distracting, especially when I'm concentrating on tiny/well hidden objects. The colorful jewels are easy finds. If you see something bright and small I suggest you click on it. You're not penalized for over clicking and you'll earn an extra $25 for each "found" jewel.There seems to be at least 2-3 wands,5-6 jewels and 1-2 fairies/gnomes in each scene. I only found one fairy in the entire hour and it wasn't a find it was an accidental stumble over...

If you like straight up HOG's with easy mini-games this is a relaxing way to spend your gaming time.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 1, 10 10:00 AM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Dec 1, 10 10:18 AM
OOOOOWWWWW! This game gave me one heck of a headache. Usually, I can struggle through such games with small objects, but along with my problem with distinguishing colors, only made it through 3 HOG scenes in 45 minutes.

Even though the graphics were nice and the music pleasant, its still not worth the pain I am enduring right now. Hope the advil takes affect soon. No buy for me and probably wouldn't buy even as a DD.

Happy gaming for all those who have better eyes.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 10:18:45 AM PST

Go to: