Re:Post any Supermarket Mania ® 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by little_sparkle on Dec 5, 10 8:37 AM
Running the game on Windows 7 also, and I've got 11 minutes left of the demo and I haven't even completed the tutorial levels, the game is so slow it is not enjoyable to play.

srags1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by srags1 on Dec 5, 10 9:50 AM
I cannot even get the game to open. I am running Windows XP and I click on the game and it flashes and then does not load. I have tried downloading it twice but nothing works.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 5, 10 10:24 AM
I have Vista. On one of the levels, the music stopped halfway throughout the level. It picked up again on the next level. This happened on the third level near the end.

Also, with the upgrade of the assistant to the juicer machine, the assistant did not do anything. She just stood there. I clicked on her, nothing happened. I ended making up the juice and transporting it to the cooler many times over.

When a celebrity enters the store, I am unable to bring the lost child to his mother until the celebrity leaves.

I am about to start the 4th level.

[Post New]by nola22 on Dec 5, 10 11:50 AM
Found a fix for the flickering cursor if you're running Windows 7. Go to the control panel, go to the mouse properties. Under the Pointer Options tab, make sure that display pointer trails, under visibility, is not selected.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Dec 5, 10 4:04 PM
I couldn't even get this game to work (Windows XP). I installed it, then tried to play. Nothing happened - I just got the first screen with the four people and the music - and then my computer crashed. It took me 20 minutes to get the computer to boot up again. I unstalled the game and am afraid to re-install because of this problem.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 6, 10 9:47 AM
I can't get beyond level 6-15. It's replaying level 6-15 even after I complete the level as "expert".

[Post New]by missrachel2930 on Dec 6, 10 6:39 PM
I played the 60-minute trial yesterday, bought the full version and then played it for about an hour or so and had no problems at all. Today when I went to play it, my game flashes several times like it wants to load but just goes back to my desktop. I have tried to load it through Game Manager and through my desktop icon and no luck. I have had this problem with several Big Fish games, but I always seem to be able to load the game through either Game Manager or the desktop icon. This time, neither way works. My laptop is about 7 months old and I am running Windows 7. Thanks!

[Post New]by Ellie777 on Dec 7, 10 9:05 AM
Hi guys! I had a similar problem with the Milkshake girl too! I first took it as a bug or whatever..But after a while I figured out that you just need to tap on the milkshaker, then on the milk and ice-cream and your milkshakes appear on the table. The same problem was with a juicer. Tap on it, choose fruits, tap on the juicer once again and take it to the shelf and that's it! Enjoy!

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 9:12:54 AM PST

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Dec 7, 10 11:22 AM
ratpack wrote:I am not having any troubles until I reach level 2.11. I try it and the timer gets about 2/3 of the way done when it says that I've failed. Am I missing some game rule or is this a glitch?

i am having the same problem except level 3-9

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 7, 10 11:53 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to try to address a couple of issues I'm seeing with this game. If you are having troubles with a sluggish game, are seeing the interfering bubble, can't upgrade or can't progress in the game, you may want to see if there are any updates for your computer which might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You may also want to see if starting over with a new player profile will allow you to play without problems.

If you're unable to download/install the game, please check that another running program isn't interfering with this process:

Problem Downloading or Installation Failed

For those who are having issues with the cursor, if there is an option in the game's Main Menu to turn off the Custom Cursor, you might want to give that a shot.

If you are still experiencing troubles, please write in to Tech Support and be sure to include any steps you've already taken so that our reps don't ask you to repeat them. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Dec 7, 10 6:24 PM
Ditto on the same tech issues as all above. I've uninstalled and re-installed about four times and now on the new install, I can't even get the home page to work....just flickers and no menu choices. How does this get addressed with BFG? I've not had trouble before that I couldn't fix on my own...usually by an uninstall and re-install.

Rags1027
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Rags1027 on Dec 11, 10 7:01 PM
Am I having a glitch on level 3-15? Another person and I can't pass the game no matter what - everything upgraded, floors clean, no lost/unhappy customers, etc.

[Post New]by little_sparkle on Dec 14, 10 12:47 PM
missrachel2930 wrote:I played the 60-minute trial yesterday, bought the full version and then played it for about an hour or so and had no problems at all. Today when I went to play it, my game flashes several times like it wants to load but just goes back to my desktop. I have tried to load it through Game Manager and through my desktop icon and no luck. I have had this problem with several Big Fish games, but I always seem to be able to load the game through either Game Manager or the desktop icon. This time, neither way works. My laptop is about 7 months old and I am running Windows 7. Thanks!

I had this and get it quite frequently with games and I've found that the solution is to make sure you've closed all browser windows and try and close the BFG window aswell. This worked for me, so give it a go. Hope it works!

Dee6583
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Dee6583 on Dec 15, 10 1:55 PM
It will not give me the All in 1 achievement even though I have bought every upgrade that there is to buy. I played the game a second time in case I missed something the first time playing and I still didn't get it.

nikkini
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nikkini on Dec 15, 10 2:05 PM
I can not get past level 3-15, Pleaseeee help. I am doing everything right..and still no way can I get the right amount of money...

[Post New]by zazzaz on Dec 16, 10 1:37 PM
slow, slow, slow. no fun in playing... no buy.

[Post New]by Alex_mania on Dec 17, 10 2:56 AM
Hi Nola! If you are using Mozilla Firefox as a browser, you can try to close it before opening the game. It helped me

[Post New]by Merliecat on Dec 17, 10 11:48 AM
I can't get past 3-15 either. I've got all the upgrades and I finish the level perfectly, but it fails to award me the bonus money that I'm entitled to for meeting the bonus challenge and cleaning the store. This prevents me from going forward. I contacted Big Fish and they were very helpful

Thanks!

[Post New]by cotolady on Dec 17, 10 7:59 PM
I am having the same issue that was mentioned by someone else. I have a dialog bubble box that says "General Patience" that will not go away. It appeared during level 3 in the upgrade store. It stay right on top of the pizza oven. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall game and made sure display devices on computer were updated. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas about how to fix it?

[Post New]by kimbill123 on Dec 18, 10 8:07 AM
Game is stuck in the tutorial and won't start the game. It's the level where the thief comes in. You should be crediting the accounts of those who wasted their money/credits on this game.

Go to: