Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by Janie42 on Dec 4, 10 7:37 AM
Inventory suddenly disappeared after doing a h-o scene...
very disappointing--I'd really been enjoying the game.

(I've an up-to-date, fast PC (i-7), nvidia BFG 280 GPU, Win7U-64 bit, thus can't understand why I should suffer these issues on what's a normal & popular gaming system setup!)

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 4, 10 7:40 AM
Lynniebabe wrote:My game froze and inventory items disappeared as I took the beads from the secret niche at the end of the statue game (Pride/Sloth, etc.). Exited game and came back in, but beads were not in my inventory. All previous items were, but no beads. Cannot get back into statue (lamp) area but task still says give beads to woman in prison. No beads to give and no way to get them again. HELP!

You are not alone! I had the same problem. I was really liking this game too. I don't understand why the games coming out have so many problems lately. I'm not a happy camper!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Dec 4, 10 7:45 AM
The Intro video ran very slowly and jumpily. The custom cursor had to be turned off to play the cornfield escape and to eliminate the familiars. The game briefly froze everything on my desktop when I exited the demo (at 35 minutes because I had already gotten frustrated enough that I wanted out).

Like the subject matter but just too glitchy for me, and I wasn't really wild about the graphic style - a little too cartoonish, I prefer a cleaner, more realistic style, but that's just me. I'm sure many fishies will jump on this one.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 4, 10 7:50 AM
I was 'cleaning up the Bishop house' and had just picked up all the things off the table. Now the inset 'puzzle window' has gone dark, outside the puzzle window has gone dark, the contents of the inventory have totally vanished, and the red X at the top right of the puzzle window is no longer clickable so I can go no further. (I have a screenshot if BFG need it).

This is clearly a poorly designed game that has not been tested properly before going on sale. Very disppointing, because I was enjoying it enough that I had bought it. What a waste of money...

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 7:50:34 AM PST

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Dec 4, 10 7:51 AM
The game took a really long time to close. It was so long that I tried going to my task manager to close it, but the game closing froze my computer. It finally closed, so I'm OK now, but I don't want to go through that again.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 4, 10 7:52 AM
I hate seeing these notices. When this game cameout in CE, it completely crahed my computer and I had to go into backup too a day before to even get running. I uninstalled Salem and wrote BFG. Heard nothing. I thought that surely by now, with all the time (and complaints) the bugs would be fixed, because it looked like it was going to be a nice game, I'd try again. Now, jeepers, sounds like nothing has been resolved.
chris

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Dec 4, 10 8:22 AM
Having similar issues. i am about 3/4 through (2hrs 15 mins) and am tidying a witches house, game freezes and inventory dissappears. exit and restart and all seems ok until i try to click on anything, then it freezes again. seems like there are the same glitches all over the place in this game, hope theres a fiz soon, or i will be contacting BFG for a refund.

[Post New]by DoraDoraBoBora on Dec 4, 10 8:31 AM
I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Very disappointed since I was enjoying it up until that part. Judging by the numerous bug complaints of repeated issues (vanishing inventory, "access violation") from so many people, it sounds as though this one needed a bit more testing before release.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 4, 10 8:33 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I hate seeing these notices. When this game cameout in CE, it completely crahed my computer and I had to go into backup too a day before to even get running. I uninstalled Salem and wrote BFG. Heard nothing. I thought that surely by now, with all the time (and complaints) the bugs would be fixed, because it looked like it was going to be a nice game, I'd try again. Now, jeepers, sounds like nothing has been resolved.
chris

Are you sure that this came out on CE? I don't remember it?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 4, 10 8:38 AM
Was liking this game and was going to purchase until game froze while trying to get gem out of the stone wall at prison. Went out and came back in and lost all inventory. Not well tested.

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 7:25:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Hairteach on Dec 4, 10 8:46 AM
First off, I really like this game! That said, I, too, encountered the glitch with the inventory disappearing. So I exited and closed the game, and when I went back to it, my inventory was back! Maybe something to try if you're having similar problems. I am not too concerned, BFG is a great company and always follows through. I'm sure they will come up with a fix if needed.

p.s. I can never have enough "scary" games no matter what time of year. I especially like the historical games! Also loved Salem Secrets.

[Post New]by nicolemorales on Dec 4, 10 8:49 AM
My inventory dissapeared when i went to the second story of the tavern... guess this is a common problem.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 4, 10 8:53 AM
I went out and game back in as was suggested by hairteach and yes my inventory came back but the knife did not. ( I was at the point where you move the stone with the knife to get the gem when it froze.) I went back to the house to see if the knife was there but it wasn't and the red stone was not in my inventory.

Misty36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Misty36 on Dec 4, 10 9:00 AM
peglegann wrote:
kris_cross48 wrote:I hate seeing these notices. When this game cameout in CE, it completely crahed my computer and I had to go into backup too a day before to even get running. I uninstalled Salem and wrote BFG. Heard nothing. I thought that surely by now, with all the time (and complaints) the bugs would be fixed, because it looked like it was going to be a nice game, I'd try again. Now, jeepers, sounds like nothing has been resolved.
chris

Are you sure that this came out on CE? I don't remember it?

I didn't see a CE either..?

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 9:02:57 AM PST

[Post New]by purplejaded on Dec 4, 10 9:13 AM
DoraDoraBoBora wrote:I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Very disappointed since I was enjoying it up until that part. Judging by the numerous bug complaints of repeated issues (vanishing inventory, "access violation") from so many people, it sounds as though this one needed a bit more testing before release.

This is exactly where the game messed up for me. I was really enjoying the game too

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 9:16:30 AM PST

Help please

[Post New]by thebird456 on Dec 4, 10 9:27 AM
I havent found the green Gem for the burial ground and the walkthrough doesn't even mention it........... please help as I'm really enjoying this game and was going to buy it

thanks

Sharon

[Post New]by cruisersue on Dec 4, 10 9:45 AM
Kamali wrote:I was 'cleaning up the Bishop house' and had just picked up all the things off the table. Now the inset 'puzzle window' has gone dark, outside the puzzle window has gone dark, the contents of the inventory have totally vanished, and the red X at the top right of the puzzle window is no longer clickable so I can go no further. (I have a screenshot if BFG need it).

This is clearly a poorly designed game that has not been tested properly before going on sale. Very disppointing, because I was enjoying it enough that I had bought it. What a waste of money...

[Post New]by thebird456 on Dec 4, 10 10:04 AM
DoraDoraBoBora wrote:I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Dora....had the same problem gave my beads...did not receive the green gem from her, went tothe burial gate no green gem came out of game read forum spoiler wnbought the game then went back in for the green gem and she's asking for her beads again went to see if the beads were still at the commoon gates all finished. WhCan ANYONE help PLeASE

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Help please

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 4, 10 10:10 AM
thebird456 wrote:I havent found the green Gem for the burial ground and the walkthrough doesn't even mention it........... please help as I'm really enjoying this game and was going to buy it

thanks

Sharon

I answered this under the thread "Green Gem" Hope that helps.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Dec 4, 10 10:11 AM

Go to: