spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania: To the Max

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jan 10, 11 8:59 AM
Loud and annoying plus you can't progress past the amount called for in the game.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 15, 11 3:08 PM

To Smuggy57, if you are still trying to beat those levels, here's a tip: Having the display stand upgraded gives you more room to display unwanted cakes for sale. When you get the fridge or freezer, any cakes put in there before you pick up the last lot of money will keep until the next level.

spiritgamer wrote: Loud and annoying plus you can't progress past the amount called for in the game.

Yes you can, in timed mode.

Relaxed mode ends when you reach the basic goal. Timed mode ends, as you'd expect, when you run out of time.

And then there's always the volume control .

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 3:09:32 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 20, 11 7:06 AM
The graphics are good. The gameplay is TM. Following the rest of the Cake Mania Series, To the Max is a look back to when Jill was in college. There are upgrades and a cast of wild characters. Enjoy the story.

This game is an A-.

[Post New]by firechild27 on Jan 20, 11 6:19 PM

I enjoy playing the Cake Mania series and this is just another fun chapter to Jill's story. Every time it seems to get better and better. I liked being able to upgrade the store as well as the machines.
Off topic, are we sure that Jill and her friends (most of them at least) are not really blonde?! It takes her forever to realize she loves Jack, took Tiny and Jack forever to figure out she was pregnant, then Jill couldn't figure out it was twins, now she takes FOREVER to realize she wants to be a baker. Yikes, can't they catch a clue?
Said with love though

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Apr 12, 11 10:46 PM
I've played all of the Cake Mania games and this one didn't disappoint although I didn't like it as much at first. Jill moved so slowly and the upgrades were not very obvious. You have to mouse over/click on stuff to be able to see if they could be upgraded, as opposed to having a very visible highlight around upgradeable items. I didn't even notice until level 98 or so that you could increase the number of cookies!

But other than that, I really did enjoy the game. The 80's theme was lots of fun, and the "special powers" of the customers made things interesting without being too annoying (like in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!). I really appreciated the graphics, comics cut scenes and background music.

I liked that there were so many upgrades to buy but I kind of goofed, not realizing that my froster hadn't been fully upgraded yet! This led me to struggle a lot with getting super star on level 80. I know I could have sold some other upgrades to get money to upgrade my froster, but I didn't want to take a loss on that stuff, and I couldn't really backtrack a few levels (nor did I want to) to make different equipment choices.

Ended up using the trick of loading up the fridge with expensive cakes and that got me to super star (just barely). The rest of the game was a piece of cake (har har) to get super star score on. I read that the latest version of the game was re-balanced because it was too hard before. Now it might be too easy?

I really appreciate the relaxed mode as it allows the toddler in my household to play as well!

[Post New]by KaliWalton on Jun 13, 11 11:24 PM
I'm really disappointed with this game. I thought since it was the newest, it would be the best but it really is the worst. There's a waste of 7 bucks I could have used on a better version. Please play the demo before you buy. This game is very slow, you stay in one shop, and the upgrades are incredibly expensive and get even more expensive to fix once they break-down. I don't like how the costumers aren't in a line because I like knowing who to serve next, and I also don't like being in the same store... yes you can upgrade interior but not much... it is very boring. It seems like she never gets anywhere with the shop. Such a waste of money, wish I could get a refund.

[Post New]by KristyKris on Sep 27, 11 9:04 PM
Well I didn't like the game, it was difficult for me and stressing, and the most I could reach was to level 63 for a superstar goal, and after struggling too many times to reach superstar goal in every level , then I got tired of trying and just gave up , and decided to remove the game, I thought this game was annoying and just unfair and hard enough, it made my fingers soar..out of too much pressure, anyways , I would like to be able to enjoy playing games ones that are fair to pass and that are challenging but not to be struggling..enough...like this one

Malicia69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Malicia69 on Oct 15, 11 2:44 PM
Lol, takes me back to the 80's....cute game!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 28, 11 8:35 PM
bought this without trying since i love previous cake mania but turned out to be slow, repetitive and dull

[Post New]by babygirlcincy on Apr 1, 14 10:10 AM
I enjoy Cake Mania: To the Max as I am an 80's girl myself. However, my only gripe about the game is that at the end of each level when it tells you..."Goal reached" is that it doesn't give you an option to continue so you can finish collecting the money off the counter before moving on to the next level. Other than that, like, totally tubular game to the max!

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 10:12:54 AM PST

Go to: