kcdp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kcdp on Dec 12, 10 10:09 AM
Hi, I can't launch the game, I already have the same message : "unsupported display settings" I have tried all the screen resolutions I got and the graphic chipset pilot is updated. Thanks for your help

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by CassB on Dec 12, 10 1:11 PM
Has anyone had an activation error when trying to install the demo? I installed it once. Was able to play maybe 20 minutes. For some reason when I turned on my machine again, it wasn't there. Then I tried to install the demo again and it came up with the activation error. Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by linnymsw on Dec 12, 10 3:50 PM
I"m not sure how to use this, but I am stuck listening at the door to the wife. It keeps telling me to listen to her. I have heard her more than 20 times, I don't know what to do to get to the next step. I've gone out, come back in, gotten out of the game, went back in, I've tried everything I can think of. No hint, either. help! I have a Mac and I have the Mac game. Thank you!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 12, 10 5:39 PM
linnymsw wrote:I"m not sure how to use this, but I am stuck listening at the door to the wife. It keeps telling me to listen to her. I have heard her more than 20 times, I don't know what to do to get to the next step. I've gone out, come back in, gotten out of the game, went back in, I've tried everything I can think of. No hint, either. help! I have a Mac and I have the Mac game. Thank you!

Hi linnymsw! Welcome to the forums! The trick with this is to move the glass slowly until you hear the voice get louder and clearer and see the text get clearer at the bottom of the page. You have to follow her around with the glass about 3-4 times in a row to hear it all. Since you keep leaving the mini game, you probably are hearing the same snippets over and over again without getting to the last one. Just keep at it until you hear the part about where she hid the password, then the game will tell you that you have accomplished your objective. I'm on a Mac too, btw. Hope this helps!

Lerianis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lerianis on Dec 12, 10 6:01 PM
There is a serious technical issue with the game not allowing you to go into wide-screen mode and having the 'small box in the middle of the screen' issue still even in the latest builds.

For some reason, on any computer with Windows 7 and an Nvidia graphics card (at least) it puts the game in a small box in the middle of the screen while in full-screen mode, and will not allow you to change into widescreen mode, even though your resolution is 1920*1200 or another 'widescreen' resolution.

This needs a fix, it makes the game impossible to play on any computer with Windows 7 and a screen resolution this high. Changing the screen resolution does not help, the game just flips the screen back to the default resolution and still has the 'small box in middle of screen' issue.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Dec 12, 10 8:05 PM
I have window 7 and had no problem with a small box. I had full screen with no problems.

Now, everything went fine with the game until the end of the bonus game with the skulls sitting around of the table. The right part of the table did not show up and I could not place the skulls where they belonged. I even checked the Big Fish Blog walkthrough. I did enjoy the game up until this point. I am just going to uninstall the game and let it go at that. Good game, otherwise

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 13, 10 2:29 PM
Lerianis wrote:There is a serious technical issue with the game not allowing you to go into wide-screen mode and having the 'small box in the middle of the screen' issue still even in the latest builds.

For some reason, on any computer with Windows 7 and an Nvidia graphics card (at least) it puts the game in a small box in the middle of the screen while in full-screen mode, and will not allow you to change into widescreen mode, even though your resolution is 1920*1200 or another 'widescreen' resolution.

This needs a fix, it makes the game impossible to play on any computer with Windows 7 and a screen resolution this high. Changing the screen resolution does not help, the game just flips the screen back to the default resolution and still has the 'small box in middle of screen' issue.

I have windows 7 nvidia, and I don't have the small box problem but like others can't get it to play on widescreen,

You need to 'officially' lodge this issue with the tech people (by clicking on the green envelope lower right window) as when I did this, apparently it isn't a documented problem, not many people have this problem. So obviously people who can't play it in widescreen aren't reporting it. They will be able to fix the small screen problem.

I am still waiting back after going to live chat and then after that 5 days of back and forth emails then nothing!!

edit - tried live chat again and apparently the guy was of sick, so did get a refund on my game. so didn't want to leave my post with the impression that BF customer service was bad on this occasion!

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 3:04:55 PM PST

[Post New]by canadianyay on Dec 13, 10 3:29 PM
I have the most recent download. I have put gas into the chain saw. Ihave held down the left key until my finger is white. The cut stops halfway then heals itself. I tried again and again using various places to cut, ways to hold the saw. I left the scene, went back to the lane, reapproached the tree and tried again. I left the game came in again and tried to cut the tree. This is an immortal self-healing tree. Please tell me what I am doing wrong, what I must do to cut the miserable thing down Yes I have read all the forum suggestions and tried them all. WAH!

[Post New]by christean_daee on Dec 13, 10 6:12 PM
I finished the main game and am on the bonus game. the game says that I have skulls on the wrong body but I know that they are right.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 14, 10 7:11 PM
"Added new inventory glow and animations to better signal that additional inventory items are available in extra pages" Just what the heck does that mean? I am still having trouble with inventory disappearing. This is after you have improved it three times? I reinstalled and started over as a new person and still am having trouble. I have spent so much money to this company and I am getting tired of paying out for bad games. Where are these extra pages? I cannot find them.

[Post New]by kroemeling on Dec 14, 10 8:32 PM
I have been having a problem with stopping and starting the game. I have just finished downloading the new version, and it does the same thing, namely, when I stop and quit the game, and then restart it, instead of taking me to where I left off previously, it takes me back to the mystery box puzzle in the little girls room. I have started from that point in the game five or six times and even though I have reached as far as the tavern and am looking for the seafood gumbo contents, when I stopped there and exited, again, when I reentered the game, it takes me back to the mystery box in the little girls room. Can you help.

[Post New]by jessica780 on Dec 14, 10 8:51 PM
Has anyone else had any issues with logging into the computer after you find the password behind the picture of the boy and dog upstairs? I got the password E4V220 and have tried typing it every way imaginable and it still does not work. Can someone help? I can't progress in the game until I log into the computer.

[Post New]by PaleMan on Dec 15, 10 2:01 AM
"For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again."

I have been playing the game perfectly fine, suddenly this is all that happens when I try to launch it. Help.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Dec 15, 10 3:23 AM
I had some hassle downloading the game & got in touch with Customer Services.
After 4 days, they got back to me, but together with the CS advice, I was finally able to download the game & was looking forward to playing last night.

In the meantime, I noticed that ALL the other games in the Manager have lost their Audio!! The MCF game has Audio, but no other games

So... I did a system restore, thinking that it might have been 'something' I did... the audio was back - yay!! BUT... in the 'In Progress' tab was MCF:13th Skull, waiting to download - grr!!

Waited for 4 hours a 2nd time while it downloaded.... and yep, it has Audio - but once again, all other games have lost theirs!!

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the Game Manager.... then tried to uninstall one of the other games & reinstall, but no joy.

I've replied to CS & am waiting for a reply - but has anyone else had this problem? I've looked through the tech issues, but can't see anything?

Even on the help pages, there's no help topics for the sounds - not what I'm looking for anyway!

Julie.

[Post New]by WendyCWD on Dec 15, 10 12:45 PM
Mac OS X 10.6.5 User here.

I have already played this through once with no problems a couple of weeks ago. I got a notice on the game manager that there was an update available, so I uninstalled and then downloaded again today (12/15). I thought I would play through again with the kids. Everything went fine until the Crayon task. The hint system says there is a crayon on the bottom carousel of the lazy susan in the kitchen. It even sends out the little circle of lights around a certain area on the lazy susan, but there is no crayon there. I tried clicking on every part of the area just in case it was somehow hidden, although the only crayons left in the menu are bright green and orange, so I think I would notice them.

Kind of annoying, since my first time playing was problem free. Any suggestions?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 15, 10 2:24 PM
Did you remember to rotate the lazy susan? It has three positions.

[Post New]by MagAngel on Dec 15, 10 4:01 PM
Does the Collector's Issue have a strategy guide in the game? Mine does not.

[Post New]by MagAngel on Dec 15, 10 4:02 PM
I cannot get the four keys to work in the cemetery gate. I followed the correct order from the painting in the main room. The shapes on the gate don't match my keys, but the walkthru says that does not matter.

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 4:05:42 PM PST

[Post New]by WendyCWD on Dec 16, 10 4:16 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Did you remember to rotate the lazy susan? It has three positions.

Well, don't I feel like an idiot! That worked for me. Thanks!

[Post New]by animanikati on Dec 16, 10 4:05 PM
i've got all my map stamps and have raised 2 of the 3 canons without a problem. but the 3rd series of stamps and associated numbers isn't right. i've triple checked and the stamps and number sequence match what's on the map but when i try to use the numbers on the 3rd canon, nothing works.
bug? anyone else had this? help? thanks!

Go to: