Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 7, 10 4:24 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:56:00 AM PST

[Post New]by Liskir on Dec 7, 10 4:54 AM
I know the safe is behind the panel, but i can't do anything with the panel. The cursor doesn't change. In my inventory are 4 keys an the letter opener. The candle is burning.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Dec 7, 10 5:01 AM
Have the same glitchy problem. Lit candle in place and have all keys and letter opener..and the cursor does not recognize to change into the magnifying glass. I contacted tech support to let them know about this problem.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 7, 10 5:25 AM
Poutoule wrote:Downloading BUT I read Dickens' book, I've seen the moovie too AND Scrooge never was a murderer...........

Exactly, this sick twist is not for my tastes! Not what I want to see in a Holiday-themed game,for sure! But I don't care for murder-themed games,except Mystery In London. That's just me,but twisting a well-known and loved story into something like this is just too much!

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 5:34:38 AM PST

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Dec 7, 10 5:29 AM
Have you tried using the letter opener on the panel?

[Post New]by Liskir on Dec 7, 10 5:43 AM
Yes and it didn't work

[Post New]by sandwitch on Dec 7, 10 5:50 AM
Great game. Played through ok without any glitches.

The clock puzzle gets quite challenging after a few goes. Very original twist on the story as well.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 7, 10 5:56 AM
Hi all. Just struggled home from work. -17C and the snow is STILL here. I came to see you all and look at the COMMENTS and REVIEWS. I have had to, AGAIN, skip through these, as so many people are telling me how to play the game before I have even finished downloading. Have a please , can you just C & R unless you put SPOILER at the top?
The reviews I have read seem to be mixed, re length but as usual I will try it. Happy gaming to everyone.

[Post New]by korben_dallas on Dec 7, 10 6:00 AM
Yeah. I liked it. Got stuck a bit here and there. So I took about 3+hrs to play through. Great value for money imo.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 7, 10 6:36 AM
hey korban, is your nick a homage to "the 5th element" ?

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Dec 7, 10 6:47 AM
A nice game for xmas for kids. I hope they enjoy. As for me, I am tired of the small inventory and restrictiveness of the areas you can enter. I know it saves disc space but it takes away from the overall game appreciation and experience. A great game becomes very bland and mediocre.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Dec 7, 10 6:50 AM
A nice game for xmas for kids. I hope they enjoy. As for me, I am tired of the small inventory and restrictiveness of the areas you can enter. I know it saves disc space but it takes away from the overall game appreciation and experience. A great game becomes very bland and mediocre.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 7, 10 8:16 AM
Liskir wrote:I know the safe is behind the panel, but i can't do anything with the panel. The cursor doesn't change. In my inventory are 4 keys an the letter opener. The candle is burning.

See the existing forum topic "Secret Panel Problem." There's a sequence issue there that some players have run into.

Robin

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Dec 7, 10 9:48 AM
Nilosh wrote:Right now in the process of downloading it. I pray that there will be no glitch in this game. I m still really peeved about "Lost Chronicles Salem" and I dont think there will be a fix for that game since BFG has not responded to the numerous complaints. Crossing my fingers on this one.

FYI....Acutally BFG has listened to the numerous complaints and are building a fix now. It should be posted as soon as it is ready on the Salem Forum and also on your game manager to update the game..

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 7, 10 6:51 PM
I understand this is a "twisted" take on Dickens, I'm not completely stupid but I really don't like the game having Scrooge as a murderer. That would be like having Mr Spock a pedophile in a Star Trek game, it's perverted and disgusting.

I remember when the Sherlock Holmes game came out and one of the members was upset at the liberties they had taken with a beloved character... that game's got nothing on this one.

[Post New]by stardust055 on Dec 8, 10 1:49 PM
Someone please help, I have all the keys for the safe. I checked the walkthrough and it said to zoom in after I put the candle in the holder, but I can't zoom in or use the letter opener, I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it and it's still the same

[Post New]by mamabear17850 on Dec 13, 10 2:53 PM
Liskir wrote:I know the safe is behind the panel, but i can't do anything with the panel. The cursor doesn't change. In my inventory are 4 keys an the letter opener. The candle is burning. mine is the same way am so dissapointed in this game and gona ask for my money back

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 13, 10 3:18 PM
I finished this game a few nights ago and there was no glitch. As Robin said, may be a sequence problem. I remember being stumped with the 4 keys and panel, checked WT and confused. I backed out, roamed around some more and found either a puzzle or HOG I had skipped. Just look for sparkles that may not have been there before or faded out too fast.

Sorry I can't remember which or where but after doing something I went back and the panel worked with the 4 keys with no problem. I'm a dummy with most these to and fro games but when it worked for me I'm sure it will for anyone. Enjoyed playing it anyway, not as hard as most games of this type so glad I could finish it.

ETA I think it took me 3.5-4 hrs in 2 sittings from wandering around, backing out etc. I started out slow getting the hang of locations, gameplay, then flowed. I can't play more than 2 hrs at a time so wasn't over 4 hrs, Worth the price for something "different"

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 3:28:43 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Dec 13, 10 11:45 PM
SPOILER ALERT in my post so if you dont want a storyline near the END of the game ruined, DONT read my post:

Even though I liked the demo, I wont even buy this if its $2.99 because I downloaded the demo and it was so short I got real close to the end and a GLITCH happened that will keep me from getting any further and I will NOT be able to beat it.

I got to the part where you have to bury Scrooge's fathers bones, I got everything I needed, The salt, prayer book, shovel and everything, I even got the ladder needed to place the timestone in the churches clock and when I went outside of the church, the ladder is now GONE. All that is in my inventory now after burying the bones is the timestone.

I even went back into the church and I looked again and even clicked the HINT button and it said nothing to be found here or something like that.

I know I could buy it and start a new game but if it does that same GLITCH again when I get there I will have wasted one of my credits and since I have only 2 minutes left in my demo I dont have the time to start a new one and get to that same spot to see if it will do that again.

Anyone else have this issue?

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Twisted: A Haunted Carol ~ BAH HUMBUG!!!

[Post New]by katbear50 on Dec 17, 10 8:31 PM
Poutoule wrote:Downloading BUT I read Dickens' book, I've seen the moovie too AND Scrooge never was a murderer...........

Why do this to a revered Classic???
BAH HUMBUG!!!

Go to: