je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 7, 10 3:23 AM
This game was "cute" but way, WAY too easy. Start to finish was only about 1.5 hours...there was nothing to it. Graphics were good - Hog scenes easy, no puzzles except one repetitive one. A nice little christmas game if you have an hour and $7 to kill. I am an absolute Christmas Carol JUNKIE, so the story line didn't sit well with me. Judging by the "this is a big file" warning at the start of mDL, I thought it would take a lot longer. I give it for graphics, but that's about it.

suziedog
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by suziedog on Dec 7, 10 3:24 AM
Think the idea of this game was good. Unfortunately like most people i found it very easy, I got up to chapter 7 in demo so will not be buying as there are only 8 chapters and an epilogue. It is a shame as i would've loved to see the ending but I am not paying for a game I will complete in 10 mins. I read all the dialogue in the game. I think if you skip this you could probably complete the game within the hour trial.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 7, 10 3:29 AM
I love the story and the graphics but I'm sorry, I won't be buying this game as I'm at least 2/3rds through it after my hour. Shame really, it's either far too easy or far too short!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 7, 10 3:32 AM
Though I was quite disturbed that the story didn't stick to Dickens' book ( Dickens must be shaking in his grave, it's supposed to be a nice, a little frightening, Christmas carol and here we seem to be more in an Halloween story). I quite liked it. Was it Cherb who was complaining about tiny items in games ?? Well, he should be pretty happy with this one and Salem. Only played 15 minutes and hidden objects are really easy to find. Love the graphics of good old London and I could nearly feel the snow falling on my face. Most probably a buy for me, but I'll check the walkthrough first as many people say it's a short game (I keep hoping as I'm a slow player and always take my time to enjoy my surroundings when they're worth it). At least it's not a CE as I'm sick and tired of theose.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 7, 10 3:50 AM
jencollett wrote:marley murdered by Scrooge - it's a travesty. There is scope for a wonderful game based on what happened to Scrooge!!!

This game however is only average and I won't br buying

Yeah, I find it rather offensive that they corrupted a beautiful piece of literature like this. Not much of a Christmas message left.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 7, 10 4:02 AM
I'm about half way through after finishing the demo, just finished Chapter 4 according to the walkthrough, so I just bought it with a punchcard reward. Yes, I expect it to be short, but the walkthrough says it gives you new items to search for on replay, so I expect to be able to play it again in a week or so and still enjoy it before Santa comes.

For advanced gamers, it will probably be far too short, so I can understand that this game will not be for everyone. I'm kind of a medium player, I don't like to rush through the games, so I expect to spend at least 2 hours on this. Still short, but the graphics are great, the music is not annoying, and it's an interesting story. I don't mind that they got creative with the storyline - I enjoy the Dickens story, but why would I want to play a game where I already know everything that will happen? And it is called "Twisted," so I don't expect the story to follow the original.

Since my Christmas tree is only half up, I've only bought 1/3 of the presents, and I haven't made even one batch of Christmas cookie dough yet, maybe this will get me in the mood to get the season started! It's certainly cold enough here, even though we don't have snow yet, so at the very least I can stay warm inside playing this fun game.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Dec 7, 10 4:14 AM
The game is not to bad. But I felt like all I did was look for keys! Got through chapter 5 in the demo so this game is to short for me to buy.

[Post New]by mizzbrat on Dec 7, 10 4:28 AM
Well actually this has really nothing to do with comments on the game as I haven't played yet ..I was just wondering what has happened to casualgran I haven't seen her comments lately..

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 7, 10 4:47 AM
Looks like it's a game for me too. I'm in sync with drgood so won't repeat.
Considering this is the first demo that I didn't fall asleep in like the last 3 staring, squinting or confused, not bored at all at least I know what I'm buying

I'm not really in a festive mood yet, so don't mind the twisted storyline, and probably wouldn't watch another rerun of the story. Using the time travel with the ghosts is a clever device. Maybe Fiction Fixers can follow it up and put the story back in order and Tiny Tim Too for the Dickens devotees.

I'm slow, like to take my time when there are nice graphics and read all the dialogue. less complex the better when I'm tired. Especially enjoyed the HOGS, the more the better, need no hints on these, flow rather quickly for picking up the items you need for the next task or one you go back to easy find. Pretty simple, not that many places to get lost or take wrong turns to need a map. I usually skip puzzles on demos to see more of locations and game, but I glanced at the WT for instructions and did those without head scratching. Was only halfway thru chap3 with 6 min left, 9 chapters so that's a good length for me, maybe 2.5-3 hrs so won't be in my lineup of unfinished CEs. Guilt free game Longer than a 2 hr movie on TV with commercials, hey! Don't need to be an advanced adventure gamer to enjoy this one. Holidays are stressful enough so nice destress game, ghosts and time travel, a wreath on a door, little Christmas treefor holiday cheer.Just go with the flow. It is what it is with quality. Gift for me since I got punches to spend. No negs or complaints here

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 4:55:02 AM PST

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Dec 7, 10 5:00 AM
I too found it easy, but I enjoyed the adventure. It seems BFG should have made it larger for "a big file" I think I will wait awhile before deciding. All have a good day gaming.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 7, 10 5:43 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:52:20 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 7, 10 5:54 AM
Graphics beautiful, but otherwise I am disappointed in the game overall, mostly the length. I was really looking forward to this one as I have been wanting a new Christmas themed game and this game is not exactly what I had in mind. I'll wait to buy when it goes down to $2.99, then the length would be such a bummer. Add note: Sometimes (often) I leap before I look really well. I have continued to play and have purchased the game after all and am really enjoying it. Who knew? So now I change my vote to .

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 4:53:07 PM PST

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Dec 7, 10 6:03 AM
This game is great for anyone who likes the easy ones. The HOG's were way to easy and the puzzles to easy and boring. The game is to short. Wish I had not bought this one.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Dec 7, 10 6:10 AM
Hi all, you can complete this game in about an hour and a half, very easy, no mini games to speak of, graphics are great, the game had the possibility to be great, they made it far too easy, but it was nice to get away from the Halloween themes. Happy gaming !

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Dec 7, 10 6:25 AM
Sure was a waste to buy this game, after finishing the demo I played about another 30 minutes to finish the entire game. If I had known how short the game was I never would have wasted my coupon code.
The game itself is fairly good. The hidden objects are easy to find, never needed to use the hint button.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 7, 10 6:33 AM
Did I miss Goofy Duck's review? I also did not notice if anyone said whether or not you could skip the mini games. I hope they are not going to be stupid ones.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 7, 10 6:39 AM
Demo'd this the full hour:

Cons:
No widescreen or full screen options. Those with hi-res/wide screen monitors can't take advantage of them.
No custom cursor options(because having the custom cursor is an integral part of the game, there is no way around this).
Navigation isn't smooth or intuitive--you're not quite sure where you can move on some screens because you can't always tell how the cursor relates to the scene.

Pros:
Story is a unique, twisted take on a classic and brings in all the familiar people, places and settings.
The graphics are very good
Hidden object scenes are easily accomplished with not too many objects
Mini-games aren't too difficult
If you play the game without constantly using the walkthrough and skipping all the puzzles, I'd say you'll get a good 3 and a half hours of game play.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 6:41:02 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 7, 10 6:48 AM
While I enjoyed this twist of the story and the great graphics, I, too, found the game a bit easy and too short in game play.

I have a 22" flat panel hi-res wide screen monitor and it played fine for me. Unsure why it doesn't for others.

Edited to add: As for the game being short... I did not use a walkthrough or any hints and with 28 minutes of game play - I am at Chapter 4. Looking at the blog walkthrough to see how long of a game it is, I noticed I'm about halfway through the game already. So, yes, it can be a short game for some of us while an average length game for others.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 6:54:43 AM PST

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 7, 10 7:03 AM
Agree with most that this is a very short game. I skipped the clock mini-game between each chapter and at the end of my demo I was halfway through Chapter 7.

The game was fairly easy and straight-forward. I did enjoy the graphics and the music. The hidden object scenes were not cluttered at all, like some games I've played.

It's a no-buy for me because I like more challenge in my games, harder puzzles, and longer length.

Happy gaming to all!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 7, 10 7:18 AM
Finished the demo, and altho I'm finding it a bit too easy in the
H0 scenes (never thought I'd EVER say that), I am enjoying
the game. Nice twist on an old classic. And just loving the
graphics especially the snowy London streets.

Too often, the adventure parts of these games leave me
running to the walkthrough too much. So far, three chapters
in and only one visit. Like to think it's because I'm getting
better, but from other reviews it's probably just because
it's easier.

My "H0, H0, H0 time doesn't kick in until later in the season,
so this suits my "Bah Humbug" mood and will be well worth
a PC coupon for me.

Did I mention I really like the graphics?

Go to: