Welcome to My Tribe forum

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Welcome to My Tribe forum

[Post New]by Alrydian on Dec 5, 08 5:22 AM
NSSY wrote: Whenever i try 2 build a hut it doesn't work!!!
i'm trying to catch up with the tutorial course
i click the hut from the build menu and find a spot that it doesn't turn red
then i click the hut but it just disappears!!!
what am i doing wrong ???

I can only suggest you don't click on the hut after you placed it, try clicking on something else first, before clicking on the hut (maybe you accidentally right clicked on it,and the game thought you changed your mind about placing it there) and see if that works.

[Post New]by Louise251 on Dec 8, 08 9:38 AM
I cannot play the game. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game but when I come to play the game I get a message to exit game manager or game is currently running. Have gone through everything with the help line to no avail can anybody help.

[Post New]by weiswoman on Dec 8, 08 1:35 PM
Nickkie460 wrote:Looking for tips on the the mystery items. How to find or make ironwood, berries and lodestone. I have been playing for a few hours now and really nothing new going on yet.

Ironwood - you have to get a player to 100 physical strength and then they can open the blue glowing stump. Then you need to make it rain with magical rain to make it grow into an ironwood tree. I got the moon beacon to work by having someone who I had given moondust to go over to it. Then I had to dump a bunch of moondust onto the stone. I haven't figured out the berries or the lodestone yet.

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Dec 8, 08 5:40 PM
Good Day Sea Players
Since a couple of days I'm playing this funny game, which is at least faster than Virtual Villager !!
I already moved to a second island (a mystake, believe me or not !!!) and on this new one I got the famous fontain. I bring a tribal legend (full science's skill) and a legendary scientist to the fontain, a message appear that they will bring a water sample to the lab for more analyses but nothing more happen.
After checking on this forum, looks like that what I did it's correct, but did I missed something ?
Short tips :
Food,wood & rock storage : 600 units max / each
Stardust on a charactere will increase one skill or physical/mental strength
Moondust on a charactere will change only hair style (as I noticed)
Condition of crates/barrels does not suggest what you have inside (bad or good)
Thanks a lot for your help and have a funny trip

[Post New]by AmMcHugh on Dec 8, 08 6:49 PM
naenae911 wrote:
Alrydian wrote:
springbok500 wrote:How or where do u collect rainwater?

You can't collect it, you just mix your potions while it is raining.
There is a potion to make it rain.

Thats what you do. I kept looking for a bowl or bucket kind of a thing.

So to collect rainwater, you need to make the potion to make it rain and then mix the same potion again while raining?? what is the potion for rain??

Also, does anyone know anything about the mystery flower plant?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 8, 08 8:24 PM
In regards the Fountain Mystery, it won't be completed until you make the youth potion (fountain water, golden relic, + mushroom) and administer it to a senior citizen. Happy gaming.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Dec 9, 08 1:28 AM
Louise251 wrote:I cannot play the game. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game but when I come to play the game I get a message to exit game manager or game is currently running. Have gone through everything with the help line to no avail can anybody help.

Hi...that use to happen to me with the VV games. Here's what I did when it happened:

Open "Task Manager" by pushing ctrl,alt and delete buttons at the same time.
Look and see if it says My Tribe is running. If it is, then have it "end task".
Close Task Manager and then you should be able to play again.

Hopefully that'll solve your problem.

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 1:29:26 AM PST

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Dec 9, 08 3:51 PM
memawclay2 wrote:In regards the Fountain Mystery, it won't be completed until you make the youth potion (fountain water, golden relic, + mushroom) and administer it to a senior citizen. Happy gaming.

Thanks. I tried but got only a message that character have a childhood vision but potion don't have lasting effects (if I'm right). Did anyone know how to demolish a fontain and to forget it ?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 9, 08 7:38 PM
I'm sorry Nicoquebec, it worked for me....?.....

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Dec 9, 08 8:59 PM
So, so, so. Looks like that the fontaine eared me and decided to work finally !!!!
In fact, the youth potion work only on characters who have 65 years old and over. A detail, but interesting to know
Thanks Memawclay2

[Post New]by Princesskyz on Dec 9, 08 10:56 PM
how long does it take for children to grow up?

[Post New]by Monchichi4u2c on Dec 10, 08 10:59 AM
I have been playing for about a week and my first tribe has gone to 3 islands and got most of the trophies (I just needed the got to 5 islands and the 996 year old person oh ya and the max all skills). I had 50 people on my island and when I went to play today all of them were dead. What did they die of? Starvation! The kicker, there was 600 food in the bin! WTH! lol
Oh well, I will try again...

Edited on 12/10/2008 at 10:59:59 AM PST

[Post New]by MamaJudith on Dec 10, 08 1:30 PM
How i could make fountain?

Edited on 12/11/2008 at 1:37:53 AM PST

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Dec 12, 08 6:03 AM
at what age can the kids pick up stardust and mushrooms, I had a 3yo that gave me the message that children are too young to work like adults and I lost the stardust

[Post New]by nursebc1974 on Dec 12, 08 5:35 PM
Princesskyz wrote:hey can anyone help me? how do u solve the mystery of the tree with the flowers around it? all my people just say that the rings make a lovely pattern..

Pay attention to the pattern of the rings of flowers and complete the patterns with the missing flowers.
Hope that helps.

Mitzi80221
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Mitzi80221 on Dec 12, 08 5:46 PM
springbok500 wrote:How or where do u collect rainwater?

You only can use rainwater as a potion element when it is raining. You can make it rain by making a potion of stardust, seawater and fish

[Post New]by Ksoiaz on Dec 12, 08 9:05 PM
browneyedangel70 wrote:
supremerulers wrote:error access violation at 0x004b59e4 tried to read from 0x00000004 program terminated

I get a similar error access violation everytime I try to sail my tribe to a new island. I can pick the island, and the game says it's sailing to my tribe, and then the error comes up and the game shuts down. I think my tribe will be dead before I successfully move them!

Hi, same problem here... Then I deleted the two *.baks files from the My Tribe's data folder (C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local_Settings\Application_Data\Grubby Games\My Tribe Data). After that, I was able to sail to a new island and continue my adventure, finally.

Edited on 12/13/2008 at 6:26:40 AM PST

cristina

[Post New]by kikicristina on Dec 13, 08 6:27 AM
Hi! I don`t know how I discover all the mystery of my island.on my island i have a three , a rock with a star and a rock red .plzz help me (i`m romanian and I don`t know too well english I wait your message . bye

Edited on 12/13/2008 at 6:29:34 AM PST

stup57
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by stup57 on Dec 16, 08 6:32 PM
Ooops

Edited on 12/16/2008 at 6:35:52 PM PST

swirly
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by swirly on Dec 17, 08 2:57 AM
I just wanted to say that I'm loving this game!

I am only on my first island and I am eagerly looking forward to travelling. Wonder if there really is over one billion islands...?

I love my little tribe! It's interesting to watch them grow, and I enjoy seeing their thoughts. Some of them really make me laugh The potions lab is fun to experiment with.

It's a lot like virtual villagers, which I also enjoyed. Hope they make VV 4!

Anyway, lots of fun. I think it will take me a long time to get bored with this.

Go to: