Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by Capatin on Dec 12, 10 7:47 PM
comment on game it stinks

 

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by NOLApirate on Dec 13, 10 7:01 PM
I've tried this game three times now and have had problems all three times. I've even reinstalled it. The chainsaw was my first glitch so I started a new profile. But now I am stuck at Cooter's trying to fix the A/C unit. The duct tape always seems to disappear from my inventory! I cannot get past this point. Any suggestions?

 
jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 14, 10 7:30 AM
frannycats wrote:


bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

- Vignette being added into inventory
- Profiles stuck in an objective will now have items they need
- Tavern Cellar Key missing from inventory


*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Thank you!


I love this game! I've purchased it and am half-way through the game. My problem is that the parrot keeps escaping from my inventory. I'll pop him in there, and by the time I reach the snake he's flown the coop again, dangnab it.

I hate to have to reinstall this far in the game and have to start all over again.

 
jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 14, 10 7:31 AM
Franny......You have to first get the parrot in the cage that you will find on the porch of the manor. You have to use the honey on the bees so you can get to it. Hope this helps.

As usual I am stuck midway through the game.

I have 2 gate keys, which I have inserted but can't cut the other 2 keys out of the paintings. I have checked my strategy guide and have placed the scissor exactly as depicted but to no avail.

Also, I keep getting the task message to go to the shed to get the cemetery key and find a way in there but I have been in that stupid shed 10x now and no key and no more hidden objects. Grrrrrr What am I doing wrong?

Any help you could provide would be great!

Thanks......JoAnne

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:26 PM
jdelbove wrote:
I have 2 gate keys, which I have inserted but can't cut the other 2 keys out of the paintings. I have checked my strategy guide and have placed the scissor exactly as depicted but to no avail.

Also, I keep getting the task message to go to the shed to get the cemetery key and find a way in there but I have been in that stupid shed 10x now and no key and no more hidden objects. Grrrrrr What am I doing wrong?

Any help you could provide would be great!

Thanks......JoAnne


Hi jdelbove! Only one key is found in a painting. Make sure you are at the correct painting. It's the one on the first floor between the doors to the dining room and closet.

As far as the key in the shed goes, it is in a box on the top shelf, not in a hidden object game. Hope this helps!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:29 PM
NOLApirate wrote:I've tried this game three times now and have had problems all three times. I've even reinstalled it. The chainsaw was my first glitch so I started a new profile. But now I am stuck at Cooter's trying to fix the A/C unit. The duct tape always seems to disappear from my inventory! I cannot get past this point. Any suggestions?


Hi NOLApirate! Not sure what's going on with your duct tape - not heard of that happening. My only suggestion is to make sure you scroll all the way through your inventory, you may have several pages of it.

 
stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Dec 28, 10 9:34 AM
I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 28, 10 12:08 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky


Hi Sparky! I'm a little confused as to what's going on. Can you not get the scissors off the photo, or are there no scissors? Not sure which. Can you elaborate a tad?

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 28, 10 8:29 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky
The scissors are in a hidden object game in the bathroom. Then they will be in your inventory waiting for you to use them.

Good luck!

 
stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Dec 29, 10 8:09 AM
WilJul wrote:
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky


Hi Sparky! I'm a little confused as to what's going on. Can you not get the scissors off the photo, or are there no scissors? Not sure which. Can you elaborate a tad?


I have no scissors where do I get them?

 
MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 29, 10 8:13 AM
LOL.

 

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by queenliz1 on Dec 29, 10 12:58 PM
I downloaded this game on 12/26 so I take it that I have the latest version. My problem is that I am stuck trying to clean out the toilet at the tavern. My plunger appears to be stuck and I'm not able to solicit any Hints. It's like I'm locked up. Help.

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 29, 10 1:38 PM
queenliz1 wrote:I downloaded this game on 12/26 so I take it that I have the latest version. My problem is that I am stuck trying to clean out the toilet at the tavern. My plunger appears to be stuck and I'm not able to solicit any Hints. It's like I'm locked up. Help.
Inside the office, that is on the same hall as the toilet, there is a list of phone numbers on the wall over the desk. There is a phone number for Lamont. This number is random and changes with each game. Call Lamont on the payphone and he will tell you how to fix the toilet.

Good luck!

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 29, 10 1:41 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:I have no scissors where do I get them?

The scissors are in a hidden object game in the bathroom. Then they will be in your inventory waiting for you to use them.

Good luck!

 

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by queenliz1 on Dec 30, 10 6:22 AM
Thanks LizzieK, I knew at some point I would have to use the phone but had no idea when or who I would eventually have to call.

 
kalex14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by kalex14 on Dec 30, 10 2:28 PM
Capatin wrote:comment on game it stinks


Hello Forum Friends,
MCF games are great!!! I was at the part where I need money to win Mrs. Cooters (Ilove that family, funnyeee!) doll. But I had no money. I am not sure where to go to get money. There was a guy wanting to play checkers but I lost (checkers is not a game I know very well). so where do I get money to play the crane machine???

 
margi78
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by margi78 on Dec 30, 10 4:16 PM
Hi all. Just wondering if there is a back-up disc available for either the collector's edition or the normal edition. I would prefer the collector's edition but when i add it to my shopping cart it only shows the option to buy a trial game CD.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 30, 10 4:33 PM
kalex14 wrote:

Hello Forum Friends,
MCF games are great!!! I was at the part where I need money to win Mrs. Cooters (Ilove that family, funnyeee!) doll. But I had no money. I am not sure where to go to get money. There was a guy wanting to play checkers but I lost (checkers is not a game I know very well). so where do I get money to play the crane machine???

Hi kalex14! You should have a coin purse in your inventory. You use that to play the claw game. Good luck!

ETA: You can choose "skip" after you hit the hint button to skip the checkers game, it will count as a win. You will need to "win" a game with him for game progression later on.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 4:35:24 PM PST


 
gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 30, 10 6:36 PM
Still waiting anxiously for the SE to come out! Thinking it should be any day now....

 
stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Dec 31, 10 7:28 AM
stormy_1962 wrote:
WilJul wrote:
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky


Hi Sparky! I'm a little confused as to what's going on. Can you not get the scissors off the photo, or are there no scissors? Not sure which. Can you elaborate a tad?


I have no scissors where do I get them?


I am having trouble having with the scissors and screwdriver, can someone help me out?
Sparky

 
 
 
 
Go to: