EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Hidden world of art. Todays DD Dec. 11

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Mar 25, 11 11:58 AM
I bought Hidden World of Art the last time it was a DD and enjoy the game. Give it a try before you decide.

You are an art restorer and get hired to fix paintings (either a H0G or Spot the Difference). Once you finish your work, you can use the money you made to decorate your apartment (love that part).

A few items are hard to find and you get less money, if you use the hints.

The plot is weak but does help the game move along. The graphics are good and it is interesting to see "real" artwork!

I do not find the game very challenging or compelling. Bought it in December and still haven't finished playing it. But I do fire it up on rainy afternoons when I don't want to think hard about anything.

This is a low stress game and, while I don't love it, I can see why others really do.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 25, 11 12:20 PM
Thank you fishies for the reviews. I tried the demo and bought the game, I agree that this is a nice little game for $2.99. I enjoyed restoring the paintings and decorating the room. This will be a nice game for those times when I just want something easy and relaxing to play for a short period. It is a fun game and you also learn about some beautiful masterpieces of art. I agree with another reviewer, I wish that there had been classical music in the background, instead of the random sound effects.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 25, 11 9:33 PM
I enjoyed the game! Not bad for a DD price. As mentioned before there are a lot of spot the differences. I honestly cannot stand Spot the differences, but this was semi tolerable in that they were somewhat easy to find and when they began to get difficult you could "buy a hint" so it was doable.

I have also seen many of these art pieces before in another art game called "Secrets of Great Art" and even some of the hidden objects sure looked familiar! Okay, they were EXACTLY THE SAME! LOL! However, that aside, the premise of the game was a bit different than "Secrets of Great Art" in that you are using money earned from restoring art pieces to furnish and upgrade an apartment. That part was a little fun and different. I wouldn't have purchased this game for full price seeing as there were so many aspects of it that were like the previously mentioned game (which I do like as well).

Anyhoo, if you like a straight HOG-gish type of game and you appreciate a little tidbit of the story behind the piece of art this game is worth the $2.99 even if you have the other game... Happy Object Hunting fishies!

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Mar 27, 11 10:28 AM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would because I am not a fan of straight HOGs, but the historical art tidbits and the change ups to different kinds of puzzles made it interesting, now I feel like going to a real museum!
Not a bad game at all for 2.99 and really not too hard to find the items, I also enjoyed the apt. decorating, nice touch.

Go to: