Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by Warden__1 on Dec 18, 10 2:09 PM
Inventory being lost on more than just two or three times, different boards. Servant Quarters, Putnam home..model mini restore, also game defaulted to finish before everyhing was completed.....PIECE OF **** GAME!!!

[Post New]by queenobooks on Dec 19, 10 12:22 PM
I am also having problems of the inventory disappearing. The only way I can it back is by completely closing the game and then restarting it. It is very frustrating.

mysticmomma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by mysticmomma on Dec 19, 10 2:34 PM
Didn't read my problem yet but whenever I click a window, like a closeup of the gate lock, the popup window wont go away. I have to exit to main menu and resume my game. This is getting annoying as I was starting to enjoy this one.

Also at the celler lock, Game took my key opened the door, then quickly closed it ...withthe lock re-locked!! I wasted 10 min of my free game looking for where it fell thinking it was part of the "witchcraft" rofl. I wont say the nasty things I said. Thank goodness my children were asleap. 8 )

[Post New]by augustpeanut on Dec 20, 10 8:29 AM
I too am having the issue with the town model, have gone away for hours hoping that when I get back it won't be just a black screen!!! Was doing so well and enjoying the game even thought I lost all my inventory at one point also. Very disappointed...

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Dec 21, 10 4:14 PM
I'm at the model house puzzle, and like other Fishies, the puzzle went black. I did as suggested and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still black

Not wishing to sound stubborn (but I am) I absolutely do not want to start the game again under another profile name. Just this week, I had to buy a new PC (yeeks, just before Christmas!) and I had to re-install game manager and install the game again and start from scratch. If this is the only option, this will be the 3rd time I've had to start back from square one!

Why did this happen when the game is almost at the end???? Thinking I'm going to ask for a refund....unless BFG can come up with a suitable fix.

[Post New]by Benjaga on Dec 21, 10 4:44 PM
I installed the game on 12-20, long after 12-8. Twice I had inventory disappear, but if I exited game and then restarted, the items returned.
However, the black screen model puzzle does not respond to any of the suggested
"fixes". Since I purchased 12-20, I've done everything indicated except uninstall/ reinstall/ start over again.
I am very disappointed over this!

[Post New]by mafaldas on Dec 22, 10 3:09 PM
rhorho wrote:Dang Tina, I thought they had that fixed by now. I am having another problem and I have not seen it posted here.
I wish I had read the tech issue pages before I purchased the game. Every since I downloaded it, I have no sound on ANY of my games in the games manager. When I start to play this game, a box pops up and says my sound card is not supported so there will be no sound. Now how strange is this, I have sound on ALL my other games but not the ones from big fish. I had them before, so what the heck happened?

Same problem for me! No sound and the same "error" with my sound card.

djhodgson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by djhodgson on Dec 23, 10 8:17 AM
I'm in the servant quarters. I collected the feathers and then game froze and when dark. When I exited and returned the feathers were gone and I can't go back to get them. They aren't on the mask either? I downloaded this game YESTERDAY! I should have looked at the issues before I bought it. I may be asking for a refund if a fix isn't posted soon!

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Dec 23, 10 7:07 PM
Installed game today 12/23 - got to town puzzle, finished it, got the key - WHAM all inventory is lost. Now, if these glitches have supposedly been fixed - why would a new name get me past these problems. And, tedious it would be to start over. I will be deleting the game.

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Dec 23, 10 10:16 PM
I had the issue with the game screen blacking out and everything hanging. What I did was close ALL my other programs (except my antivirus program) while playing the game and I haven't had the problem since.
With the town model you have to make sure you have ALL the model pieces (it will tell you in your task list if there are still model pieces to get). Then you put them all on the model board - they go to the bottom of the board. Once they are all on the board you can move them around to the correct places (click and hold, drag to the correct place and then drop) and you will see the skip timer start moving.
I do still have a problem with intermittent inventory disappearances, Exiting the game and then getting back into it does bring the inventory back (a pain).

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Dec 26, 10 8:36 PM
theoldbag wrote::Y:ou can add me to the list. Black screen while trying to complete model village. So disappointing to get that far and not be able to finish. This was the first glich in this game but unable to continue now. I downloaded on the 13th of Dec Please advise

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Dec 26, 10 8:37 PM
You can add me to the blank screen on the model...Purchased game on Dec 26..

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Dec 26, 10 8:40 PM
In addition....had all the pieces, but one piece completely disappeared when I tried to put it on the board...then everything went blank...

[Post New]by kyadoo on Dec 28, 10 10:26 AM
beylia wrote:When you give the artifact to Tituba, the game freezes and she gives you a new task in the graveyard...but no green gem. This game has some major bugs.

Same here. I figured you can use the bucket for the barrel of water to get it, but it keeps saying that would take forever and theres nothing else I can figure out to use. Been around and around in circles trying to figure it out.
Glad I found out before I bought it. :/

[Post New]by msquared123 on Dec 28, 10 4:10 PM
just purchased game and lost all feathers - I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It just brought me back to the same place I was....again, no feathers. What is the resolution?

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Dec 30, 10 6:39 PM
I got a refund for this game from BFG. They have great customer service, but I would really rather have a fix to this game so I can continue instead of a game credit. Not complaining, mind you, i have a few games I was going to purchase with it, but I really wanted to be able to finish it. It was such a good game up to the point where the black screen screwed me up

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Dec 31, 10 3:27 AM
This game sucks and is still broken, I never played before December 8th final fix and it blows. Glitches galore. I am so frustrated I don't want to finish it.
After I exit and come back to the game I am thrown into areas that require inventory object that I already used and are now gone. It's crazy bad.

[Post New]by brown4349 on Jan 19, 11 3:49 PM
I am having the same problems with the model town puzzle. It placed the pieces in odd places that I could not retrieve and then the screen went black. I am unable to continue. Help.

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Feb 11, 11 6:45 AM
In the Servant Quarters, when I clicked under the bed, just as I clicked on the red feather, everything froze and got dark. Looking at the walkthrough I discovered that there were two other feathers there - so I never got those because of the freeze. Also lost my inventory. Restarted the game, returned to Servant Quarters, the inventory came back, but there is nothing under the bed now, so I cannot collect the other two feathers that were supposed to be there with the red one. I had placed the red one and green one (from the window) onto the mask, but now they are gone, and I cannot get ANY feathers. Do I have to start the game all over? I'm afraid it'll freeze on me again. It's rare for me to have any problems with any of the games I've bought so far, so I've been lucky, I guess. Otherwise I've been enjoying this game.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Lost inventory - Mac version

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Feb 13, 11 4:13 PM
Just downloaded and purchased the mac version. Same problem with inventory disappearing. Reappeared after restart. However, feathers that were place in headdress were gone and no where to be found. Will there be a 'fix' for the Mac version?

Go to: