auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by auds7466 on Dec 12, 10 6:29 AM
i did not enjoy this game. the items are too small and music was irritating and the hints system was dreadful u would need a hint to find a hint if u get me. i guess i finished the first chapter of the game cos it told me that there was lots more to find in the full game and then cut me out of the game it says i have 25 mins left to play. and i wanted to play the trial run right through at least to give the game a good shot u know anyway just putting my two sence worth in. bold bigfish giving us a crap game come on now felix and co i know u can do better

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 6:30:20 AM PST

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Dec 12, 10 6:41 AM
Regarding Jewely Secret:

Since when are Hidden Object games supposed to have dark areas and tiny objects as a criteria?? And "Hints" that do not work properly for the average players? Most of us do not like those.

If they want to sell games then they will make them to appeal to the most people, not for themselves.
Or advertise them for perfect vision and expert players only.

I liked the Queen of Spades but the lag in it was just too much.
So it was a no buy for me.

Stay warm and dry and happy everyone!

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 12, 10 6:43 AM
Just demo'd this game and really enjoyed it! I have a 24 inch monitor so maybe that helped finding the objects easier. I did find in the flashlight scene looking for batteries that when I used the hint did sparkles and made the battery easy to find. I will buy this game as it is cute, little on the challenging side and fun!
It also seems to be a straight HOG which is what I like!
Paws

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 12, 10 6:47 AM
I agree with the statement that items are too tiny and/or well blended into the background. I really enjoy HOGs, but this is just frustrating, having to use hints as soon as they refill in order to find things. I hate finding things in the dark! I don't care that I have a flashlight, and the hint can't be found if you don't shine the light precisely on the spot where the hint is. Boring story, who cares. The scene outside the pyramid was really annoying with the light glaring and fading all the time. Hard on the eyes. I won't even buy at $2.99.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 12, 10 6:50 AM
I have not downloaded this game yet but I am going to try the demo.

But I have said this before and this time I am going to ask this question of everyone!
Does anyone out there know how to adjust the brightness and contrast on their monitor?!! Or even through their graphics card?

So many complain about it being so dark and still have not figured out how to use the controls you have to adjust their screens. On my graphics card I adjust the gamma way up then play with the contrast and brightness on the monitor so that I can see what is going on.

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Dec 12, 10 6:57 AM
"First I want to thank you for any comments (though not positive) but we respect your point of view and try to avoid these shortcomings in future. Also please take note that this is our debut project - do not judge us harshly. "

First of all, thank you for taking the time to point this out to the purchasers of this game.
I find it troubling when developers come directly to players with comments etc. As a consumer who is spending my hard earned money, comments like please do not judge us harshly it is our first project, just do not fly.

When I go into a store and purchase a product, I do not give a fig if it is a new company or brand. When I lay down money at cash register and get it home, I have the basic expectation the dang thing will work.

I am not buying this game.........not b/c I had a problem but basically did not grab me in trial version. Tried to like but just could not.

That is this fishies point of view. Have a great day fellow fishies!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 12, 10 7:05 AM
jewsecretdev wrote:My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

I honestly do not know what could be the problem - before release the game we did the tests more than 50 different computers, never before this problem did not arise as you can see on the forum you are the first who has a problem--sorry for this but I have only one suspect that your computer just not compatible with your computer or you have not latest drivers...please update you drivers and start the game with new profile.On more sorry and Thanks.

I don't believe I'm the only person with a problem. Have you read all of the other posts in this game forum?
My PC is a vista/home premium 64 bit and everything is up to date . I downloaded the "Dr. Felix" diagnostic tool that BFG offers the free use of just last week. I ran it, sent the results to BFG TS and they advised me that my computer was up to date. I do this periodically since BFG is gracious enough to offer it as a free service to it's members. I am not trying to be argumentative or difficult but please do not try to blame the glitches in your game on my PC.......It is not so.
thanks, Dr.good

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 12, 10 7:09 AM
Wow, tough audience. I played it and thought it was a good HOG demo. Good graphics. "Small objects"? Ever try that old Civil War HOG? I dare you to try it. Heh. And that got fair reviews. Aside from any tech difficulties (which I had none) I think it's because the HOG/adventure style games raised the bar quite a bit that causes more harsh criticism of typical HOGs.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 7:11:12 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 12, 10 7:09 AM
I tried this game and did the first screen with no problems. Then it went to the dreaded flashlight scene. I found one battery. I clicked hint and saw nothing. Perhaps my flashlight was in the way I don't know. I groped around until I found the menu and left the game in a hot flash. It's been deleted from my computer. I love hog adventure games but this one leaves me cold. I hate searching for things with a flashlight especially when they're hard to spot with the lights on. I find that equally as bad as spotting the differences.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 12, 10 7:10 AM
Downloaded it and what a waste of time!

Graphics look great but the cursor moves so slow that I cannot do anything.
Anyone like playing in slow motion? Because that is exactly what you will be doing IF you get past the first openings of it anytime within the hour free play.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 12, 10 7:11 AM
At first glance this looked like a game that might be enjoyable. The scenes were actually well drawn and I don't mind the music too much, though I set it quite low.

However, in the dark scene where you're trying to find the fuses, when you ask for a hint, you can't see where the hint points to as it doesn't light up the dark...so you're still pretty lost.

I agree with everyone who says the objects are too tiny and too well blended. I'm with the person hunting for the bracelet. This is the beginning of the game and I'm already massively stuck.

Game developers need to keep a lot of things in mind when creating a game, but playability and enjoyability by a wide range of people on a wide range of computer OS's should be the two primary considerations. This one seems to have missed somewhere along the way.

I won't be finishing the trial let alone buying.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Dec 12, 10 7:11 AM
I have to agree with everyone, the TINY TINY objects are just one reason the game is a no buy for me. The fact that, even with the small objects, I finished the demo in under 30 minutes is another. Wasted to many coupons on bad games already this month.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Dec 12, 10 7:13 AM
No buy from me too, I perfer the scary, spooky tale than looking for Mystery Stone. The only Mystery stone I know is money stone.

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 7:18 AM
mspaws wrote: Just demo'd this game and really enjoyed it! I have a 24 inch monitor so maybe that helped finding the objects easier. I did find in the flashlight scene looking for batteries that when I used the hint did sparkles and made the battery easy to find. I will buy this game as it is cute, little on the challenging side and fun!
It also seems to be a straight HOG which is what I like!
Paws

Thank you very much for your positive feedback very nice to hear that our game is fun. This proves once again that all people is different, some like hard puzzles, the other like that everything was easy. I respect those and those people simply do not cater to everyone. Demo this is free - thanks Big fish for demo version, people can try it and if the game liking, just buy and enjoy, if he did not like the game just ignore .

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 12, 10 7:20 AM
I could only play the game for 18 minutes before I deleted it. I found the hidden objects to be very small and difficult to find. As mentioned in other posts, having to find things in a dark room with a small flashlight is not fun; it is irritating. If you click on "Hint" in the dark room, you can only see the hint if your flashlight can locate the sparkles. Again, kind of irritating.

I understand from one of the developers that this is their first try at this. My suggestion to them would be to look at some of the more popular games to get an idea of what people enjoy in HOGS.

This game is a no-buy for me, even as a DD.

Happy gaming to the small few who enjoyed!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 12, 10 7:32 AM
I hate this game. The HOs are so small and I have to click on them a bunch of times before they pick up. All I can say about this game is DUH!!!!! it's a no buy for me.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 12, 10 7:40 AM
You are quite right and everyone is looking for something different. I want to just say I did not have any issues at all with the game. I am 57 years old and the ole eyes arent what they use to...thats why I went to a bigger, wider monitor. I did not think this game deserved all the negative feedback. Makes me that it has been beat up so bad! Keep up the good work and I would like to know when a new game has been added!
Paws

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Dec 12, 10 7:46 AM
I played 20 minutes, why say hour if its 20 minutes. I deleted this one .

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 12, 10 8:01 AM
Uh....no thanks!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Dec 12, 10 8:17 AM
Wow, a tough crowd for sure. Ok, I tried the game. I actually liked that it is basically a hidden object game. I miss that, because I don't do very well with all the 'adventure' games. I agree the items are tough to find, well, isn't that the basis for a hidden object game? Generous hint system, I like that too. Maybe this game is not MCF material. Never claimed to be, though. I am undecided if I will purchase with my credit or not. One thing I DO have to comment on, the developer came in to defend the game. Ok, we can appreciate that. But I think if you had read what you wrote before you posted, you would find quite a few errors in your statements. That doesn't really speak very highly for your game. For my two cents, just read the comments and learn from that. Good luck.

Go to: