underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:Here are the LOCATIONS of the 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS - SPOILER

[Post New]by underwriter on Dec 27, 10 12:39 PM
WilJul wrote:Hey darkdisciple1313!! You get a diary entry that may or may not contain clues to the next Ravenhearst-centric MCF game.

May or may not, but I for one jumped to the conclusion that it does, after seeing the name/destination and inclusion of $$$ (???). It would really explain a lot. Unless it would explain too much, so much that there's not enough unexplained to make a game out of.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Dec 27, 10 5:58 PM
When will I be able to find the 10 gold insignias Before, after or during playing the main game or when I am playing the bonus game? I didn't even know there were gold coins until I started reading the forums. I finished the game with only 19 insignias and i was looking for their locations when I stumbled on the fact that they existed. I saw a list for the 10 coins however, when I started the the game over and tried to find them based on the hints in the forum, none of the suggested areas e.g. the computer enter Pippi or when you are at the pub, call a guy named Fish before you call the guy about the plunger or win the doll, (because the coin purse will disappear) worked. I am not sure if the coins are part of the game or some inside joke... like Easter Eggs in the days of Riven. Thanks for the help.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 10 8:27 PM
Wow bluesinew, this the third time I've seen this post! Some are found during game play in the main game and some during the bonus game, check LizzyK's post again at the bottom to see which ones have to be done during bonus play. The insignias are not coins, they are just like the silver insignias - but gold. They are very much like easter eggs (as an earlier post in this thread mentions) and are not necessary to progress in the game. For Pippi, you probably have to do it before you enter the real password. Not sure why calling Felix The Fish isn't working, just make sure you're looking in the right location to find the insignia after you perform the task.

[Post New]by shania18 on Dec 30, 10 8:57 AM
Where is the white can you're talking about on the shelve under the maussoleum? I already have the can-opener but I've no idea where to put it on!
Please help, I've come so close!

Greetings, Shania.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 30, 10 4:47 PM
shania18 wrote:Where is the white can you're talking about on the shelve under the maussoleum? I already have the can-opener but I've no idea where to put it on!
Please help, I've come so close!

Greetings, Shania.

Hi Shania! Remember the hutch with the goblets under the trapdoor? The shelves with cans on them are to the left of the hutch. The white can is on the top shelf on the far right. Good luck! Happy gaming!

[Post New]by shania18 on Dec 31, 10 3:12 AM
Heey Wil Jul, I'm going to try right now! Thank you so much! Now at least I know where to look!
Happy New Year!!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 31, 10 1:15 PM
I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve the puzzle of the Coins in the Ugly Fish Fountain and get the Gold Insignia. The moves in the video only work if you solve for the Gold Insignia before you make any changes to the beginning layout of the coins as you enter the puzzle. So you have to solve for the Gold Insignia before you solve the puzzle for the map pieces.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 2, 11 4:04 PM
WilJul wrote:Wow bluesinew, this the third time I've seen this post! Some are found during game play in the main game and some during the bonus game, check LizzyK's post again at the bottom to see which ones have to be done during bonus play. The insignias are not coins, they are just like the silver insignias - but gold. They are very much like easter eggs (as an earlier post in this thread mentions) and are not necessary to progress in the game. For Pippi, you probably have to do it before you enter the real password. Not sure why calling Felix The Fish isn't working, just make sure you're looking in the right location to find the insignia after you perform the task.

Wow! You must of missed the 4th. I'm sure I posted it at least 4 times. Fortunately, I did get someone to help me understand the concept without any problems. I have found 6 of the 10 INSIGNIAS. Thanks

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 2, 11 8:51 PM
bluesinew wrote:

Wow! You must of missed the 4th. I'm sure I posted it at least 4 times. Fortunately, I did get someone to help me understand the concept without any problems. I have found 6 of the 10 INSIGNIAS. Thanks

LOL! Glad you got it figured out!! Good luck with the last 4!

[Post New]by drdre107 on Jan 8, 11 6:35 AM
Need help......

Playing game for the 3rd time to finish up all the loose ends and get all achievements. But I cant get the gold insignia in the frozen bait. the 1st time I played the game I opened the bait chest and never got the ice pick. the 2nd time after i got the ice pick I went to the bait chest but it wouldnt open?? so I assumed it was because you have to open it before you get the pick. But now 3rd time, I'm not to ice pick yet and still cannot open the bait chest!!!! =( can anyone help please? it is the last thing I need for all achievements!!!

~Greg~

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 8, 11 1:38 PM
drdre107 wrote:Need help......

Playing game for the 3rd time to finish up all the loose ends and get all achievements. But I cant get the gold insignia in the frozen bait. the 1st time I played the game I opened the bait chest and never got the ice pick. the 2nd time after i got the ice pick I went to the bait chest but it wouldnt open?? so I assumed it was because you have to open it before you get the pick. But now 3rd time, I'm not to ice pick yet and still cannot open the bait chest!!!! =( can anyone help please? it is the last thing I need for all achievements!!!

~Greg~
The game will not let you open the Frozen Bait chest inside the gas station if you have already gotten that gold insignia card. It looks like the game has registered that you got that gold insignia in a previous game played with the same profile.

You should check the other locations of the gold insignias to be sure that is the one you are missing. It is too bad that the game information will not tell you exactly which insignias you are missing.

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 1:41:19 PM PST

[Post New]by mamasvan on Jan 9, 11 10:15 PM
Played BFG on piano and the gold card came out, but not all the way. It won't let me "grab" it. Now what?

[Post New]by Carita286 on Jan 10, 11 2:55 AM
Help! Someone...

Can enyone tell me what means play the notes piano?

Eny video?

I thing I do that piano puzzle gold insignias right but when i had played notes GFG ( 94,114,7) on piano nothing happens?What I can do?

Do I now have to start over when i finis all trought the piano puzzle?Or can i still get gold insignias?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 11 8:36 AM
Carita286 wrote:Help! Someone...

Can enyone tell me what means play the notes piano?

Eny video?

I thing I do that piano puzzle gold insignias right but when i had played notes GFG ( 94,114,7) on piano nothing happens?What I can do?

Do I now have to start over when i finis all trought the piano puzzle?Or can i still get gold insignias?

Play the notes BFG on the piano - clue from the game credits.
B = the white key to the right of the 94 key
F = the white key with 114 on it
G= the white key with 7 on it

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 11 8:37 AM
mamasvan wrote:Played BFG on piano and the gold card came out, but not all the way. It won't let me "grab" it. Now what?
Click it on the bottom edge and you will get it.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jan 10, 11 8:42 AM
LizzieK wrote:I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve the puzzle of the Coins in the Ugly Fish Fountain and get the Gold Insignia. The moves in the video only work if you solve for the Gold Insignia before you make any changes to the beginning layout of the coins as you enter the puzzle. So you have to solve for the Gold Insignia before you solve the puzzle for the map pieces.

Could I have a link to this video please, I've looked on the front page of this thread but I didn't see a link or any way to find the video.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 11 8:43 AM
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Could I have a link to this video please, I've looked on the front page of this thread but I didn't see a link or any way to find the video.
The video is on youtube and Big Fish will not allow me to post a link to it in these forums. I will send you a message.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jan 10, 11 8:46 AM
LizzieK wrote:
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Could I have a link to this video please, I've looked on the front page of this thread but I didn't see a link or any way to find the video.
The video is on youtube and Big Fish will not allow me to post a link to it in these forums. I will send you a message.

Thanks, I just wasn't sure what name to look under on youtube since some people have different usernames in different places.

[Post New]by Carita286 on Jan 10, 11 8:54 AM
LizzieK

I did play notes BFG just like this : Play the notes BFG on the piano - clue from the game credits.
B = the white key to the right of the 94 key
F = the white key with 114 on it
G= the white key with 7 on it

But Nothing happens...not found gold insingnias...What do i do now?

How i play that notes now when i all ready done that piano guest but didint get golden insignias?

[Post New]by Carita286 on Jan 10, 11 9:30 AM
What is white key?

Go to: