brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 14, 10 8:29 PM
I have most of the diner games, but this one I didn't like. I had problems getting "rosie" to move.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 14, 10 8:57 PM
I beta'd this game like 5 minutes ago, so apparently they didn't listen to any of MY suggestions.

I usually don't like Dash or Dash-type games (even though my first game ever was Nanny Mania), but I loved this one, probably because it was easy (for the beta period at least). I also liked the theme and the music, and the tasks were more varied and interesting than usual with Dash games.

I'm not familiar with the characters and have never understood color matching and the tutorial wasn't any better than usual -- I think if you didn't "get it" at the beginning, you never will. With this game it was easier to make chains, though. I didn't constantly wind up with Rosie holding some item she should have used several steps ago which then had to be thrown away.

The "judging", where you have to meet certain objectives (like don't use the trash can, don't lose any actors), is fun too.

My only dislike was the way hairstyles and outfits popped up, breaking the rhythm. I see others didn't like that either, so wonder if they listened to any suggestions.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 8:57:56 PM PST

[Post New]by kidkaos2 on Dec 15, 10 5:09 AM
I wouldn't think it is fair to say they didn't listen to suggestions because they kept the popup games in.

The concept of the game is to mix Diner Dash with Sally's Salon. I wouldn't expect them to drop the popup minigames any more than I would expect them to drop color matching. The popups are as much a fixture of Sally as color matching is for Flo.

I think if you don't like either Diner Dash or Sally's Salon then this game just isn't for you. It's got enough from both of those games in it that you pretty much should be a fan of both in order to enjoy this one.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 15, 10 5:16 AM
For bertiepuppy I NEVER get my free game(bonus code) for buying 6 games during the month. BUT I have learned to send CS an email advising them and they verify my eligibility and send me the code quickly. Hope it's not too late for you. HAPPY GAMING

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Dec 15, 10 5:47 AM
I **heart** TM games. This game has finally convinced me that I'm not a fan of the "dash" games, esp. after playing many of the Diner and Sally's Salon games.

This game has a nice idea, but it was too repetitive and did not increase in difficulty (from the 60-minute trial).

[Post New]by pearlofgr8price on Dec 15, 10 7:08 AM
I have noticed several of you talk about beta-testing the game. How do you go about becoming a beta-tester?

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 15, 10 7:58 AM
I quite like this game. People say it's too easy, but I like it because it HAS been easier than the usual Dash games. I have found that the other Dash games got too hard far too quickly, and I just got irritated by the characters complaining within a few seconds. Whereas with this game, I have been able to get the expert most of the levels!
The few things I am not fond of is the fat cameraman, sometimes I just can't see him! LOL. And, as others have said, I don't like the pop-up hairstyles/make-up, as that just interrupts the flow for me.

roguedawg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by roguedawg on Dec 15, 10 5:18 PM
Don' t let the difficulty in the hour trial fool you...it does get a lot harder. I'm about halfway through and cannot get any more experts, even when i replay, so it definitely amps up. I like time management games the best, but I like supermarket mania 2 this month better than this title.

[Post New]by LaMariposaNero on Dec 15, 10 6:30 PM
Very cute and addictive game!! The critcs get on my nerves but the game is simple, creative, and innovative. A definite buy for me!! Keep 'em comin!!!

Finished the Game

[Post New]by Ethbay on Dec 16, 10 5:25 AM
I've finished this game, and I can say, it does get challenging. You have to make some decisions later in the game (in the buying area) that will affect your outcome (especially "buying" assistants) and getting "expert" later in the game is quite a challenge. In fact, I came to this forum to see if anyone had gotten expert--and how--on set 3, day two, because I can't for the life of me. I'm now restarting the game by erasing my progress (after finishing) to see if I can get expert on everything. Expert for the first two sets was a cinch.

[Post New]by fishcherry on Dec 16, 10 7:06 AM
It's quite a good game, but I found it quite boring and irritating after a bit, because of all the things I had to do. It was just really disorganised and all over the place! It's just too much to handle at one go, especially with those "goals" that you had to achieve. As in, you didn't HAVE to, but obviously you'd feel upset when you see a person of the panel holding up an "X" because you didn't fulfil that goal. It really depends on the person who's playing this game to actually say whether this is a good game or not.

DeeCeeS
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by DeeCeeS on Dec 16, 10 8:48 AM
I'm a big time management game fan, and have purchased all the Dash games that have come before. This one I won't be buying.

I found the screen layout very cluttered, the pop-ups distracting and way too easy to be worth the distraction, and the subject matter and steps, in general, uninteresting (to me).

That said . . . I love Rosie! I'd love to see a Cooking Dash game with Flo and Rosie interacting somehow. I love Diner Dash, but Cooking Dash games are my favorite.

As for those criticizing Big Fish customer service, I've never been treated with anything but respect, and any difficulties I've had have been immediately addressed. If a problem couldn't be fixed, they provided me with other solutions that were more than equitable and satisfactory.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 16, 10 8:53 AM
pearlofgr8price wrote:I have noticed several of you talk about beta-testing the game. How do you go about becoming a beta-tester?

Not sure how they pick them, I have been a beta tester, but all they sent me to beta test was HOG games, I rated them the best I could and told them I preferred TM games. I haven't beta tested in over 3 to 4 months now.

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Dec 16, 10 10:30 AM
I've been a fan of the DASH games for many years. I played the entire hour trial and made it through the first 10 levels plus 1 bonus game. I think this is one of those times when I will not go ahead and purchase it. Why? well for one thing, I found it a bit hard to get used to in the beginning. There is a lot going on all over the screen and you actually have to move the people around from station to station (never mind that you have to set up the props on the stage as well). Also, I really didn't like the pop-ups. They interrupted the "flow" of the game (no pun intended - HA). I was getting annoyed with having to make sure the outfits were the right ones, hair the right style and makeup the right color.

In sum, I think there are WAY too many different things going on in comparison to the other dash games. I didn't find it enjoyable - I found it to be a bit stressful.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Dec 16, 10 11:29 AM
DeeCeeS wrote:As for those criticizing Big Fish customer service, I've never been treated with anything but respect, and any difficulties I've had have been immediately addressed. If a problem couldn't be fixed, they provided me with other solutions that were more than equitable and satisfactory.

Absolutely agree! I always get a helpful and friendly reply within less than 24 hours. I can think of many firms that could learn a lot from BFGs customer service!

As to the game....I don't know. It certainly kept me busy, but I stopped playing a few minutes before the demo was up because I got bored. Not with the speed, but it was always the same. Now, I know that's usual with TM games, so it's not the game's fault. Maybe I just need a TM game break. It just didn't grip me and I don't think I'll buy it.

roguedawg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Finished the Game

[Post New]by roguedawg on Dec 16, 10 3:46 PM
Ethbay wrote:I've finished this game, and I can say, it does get challenging. You have to make some decisions later in the game (in the buying area) that will affect your outcome (especially "buying" assistants) and getting "expert" later in the game is quite a challenge. In fact, I came to this forum to see if anyone had gotten expert--and how--on set 3, day two, because I can't for the life of me. I'm now restarting the game by erasing my progress (after finishing) to see if I can get expert on everything. Expert for the first two sets was a cinch.

Completely agree....it's IMPOSSIBLE to get expert on this level, and there's no way to make enough money on the one previous level to buy anything to make a difference.
Please fix this, guys, if you read the posts a lot of people are having problems with the balance in this level.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 3:47:01 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Dec 16, 10 4:53 PM
It's ok..not as good as the other ones and I think it's kind of childish. The pop ups where you pick makeup and hairstyles was pretty lame. I enjoyed it for the free hour but will save my 6.99 for something else.

Katt8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Katt8 on Dec 16, 10 7:02 PM
I like some had to download it and try it, because it has DASH in the title and I soap operas. I tried the game and didn't even really play it. It frustrated me that I didn't even have time to read the bubbles before they changed during the tutorial. Why on earth would they make it so they change automatically. Other games allow you to click when you are done reading them. Not a buy for me, pissed me off out the gate!!!!!

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 7:04:44 PM PST

bruegel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bruegel on Dec 16, 10 8:11 PM
fishcherry wrote:It's quite a good game, but I found it quite boring and irritating after a bit, because of all the things I had to do. It was just really disorganised and all over the place! It's just too much to handle at one go, especially with those "goals" that you had to achieve. As in, you didn't HAVE to, but obviously you'd feel upset when you see a person of the panel holding up an "X" because you didn't fulfil that goal. It really depends on the person who's playing this game to actually say whether this is a good game or not.

Believe me this is an easier version than the one I tested.

bruegel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bruegel on Dec 16, 10 8:14 PM
pearlofgr8price wrote:I have noticed several of you talk about beta-testing the game. How do you go about becoming a beta-tester?

I responded to a paid research for game players on CL. They are head quartered here in SF and that is where I tested the game. For all of you complaining that it is difficult and too much to do. This is an "easier" version than the one I played.

Go to: