govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Post any Soap Opera Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 15, 10 9:12 AM
betz_k wrote:In the level with the art, the tribal mask (prop) will not go on the wall.

Yep
the mask and the telephone are extrememly fiddly to put up. You have to be very precise. Wasted lots of time until I could get them to stick up, The other objects are not like this and you just plonk them there.

agnp35
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by agnp35 on Dec 15, 10 10:21 AM
asierrahiker wrote:For me the intro story was jerky and then at the end of it, the game just froze and I couldn't click out of it and into the actual game.

The same thing is happening to me, I tried to download game again hoping that it would fix the problem but it did not help.
Very disappointed.

[Post New]by sandypresseller on Dec 15, 10 10:56 AM
instacyn wrote:just bought the game .... it starts but wont let me click on play and there is no sound...i never had any problems before....i try the help page but im already up to date ...dont know what to do??
HELP

I just purchased Soap Opera Dash with the coupon, and I can't start the game!!! I can download and open just fine, but no game play. I have reinstalled, and uninstalled just like I have been advised and it won't work. I am thinking it's something with my computer, because my comp. at work will let me downlaod and play just fine. I also updated my video/graphics card. What else can I be missing???

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 15, 10 11:23 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you're running into trouble with Soap Opera Dash freezing or not loading, I'd recommend checking out the steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble or have any questions on the steps, please contact Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by rmmdatfla2 on Dec 15, 10 12:33 PM
starts but wont let me click on play and there is no sound...i never had any problems before....i try the help page but im already up to date ...dont know what to do??
HELP PLEASE it will let me go to other playfirst games of course

47cat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by 47cat on Dec 15, 10 1:10 PM
i have just bought this game as love and have all the dash games, but this one just won't play and have gone over all the technical issues but still no joy can game credits be reimbursed or not? the game won't go past the intro freezes when i click finish then clapper board gets stuck??? frustrating to say the least

Nemii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Nemii on Dec 15, 10 1:43 PM
Hi! Just bought the game with a game credit. It was working fine, but the next time I wanted to play it would not start. Tried to reinstall the game and got this message:

Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author.

The game will not reinstall! The game worked fine for hours so what happened?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 15, 10 3:28 PM
The game crashed with access violation halway through level 48!

[Post New]by nola22 on Dec 15, 10 3:39 PM
Having the same access violation error issues. Don't know who the developer is on this one but playfirst should really think twice about publishing anything else from them.

[Post New]by dclynn77 on Dec 15, 10 7:57 PM
govegril wrote:
betz_k wrote:In the level with the art, the tribal mask (prop) will not go on the wall.

Yep
the mask and the telephone are extrememly fiddly to put up. You have to be very precise. Wasted lots of time until I could get them to stick up, The other objects are not like this and you just plonk them there.

I am having a LOT of trouble placing the Tribal mask prop. I feel like I am being precise, but it wastes lots of time and makes the director impatient and start losing a lot of points quickly because of it. Any tips?

[Post New]by RAINBOW_KISSES on Dec 15, 10 8:31 PM
it's not letting me click play game or any other button except for the "more games" button.... please help i would really like to try this game out

[Post New]by paminator on Dec 15, 10 9:16 PM
I love the game, but was EXTREMELY annoyed to find it did not save my game!! I was unable to find anyplace to change this. I'm very surprised because I've found the games usually save automatically. HELP!!!!!!

[Post New]by Ethbay on Dec 16, 10 5:14 AM
dclynn77 wrote:
govegril wrote:

Yep

I am having a LOT of trouble placing the Tribal mask prop. I feel like I am being precise, but it wastes lots of time and makes the director impatient and start losing a lot of points quickly because of it. Any tips?

It seems to me like the props sometimes (as the game goes deeper) are difficult to place until you get the actors/other props/Hal etc. into position. I noticed once everyone was happy, it was easier to place the tribal mask. I admit this "fluke" drives me crazy, but maybe it's set up this way to "challenge" us. This is truly one of the more challenging Dash games put out. I have another issue which I'll post separately.

Fans & Mini-Games

[Post New]by Ethbay on Dec 16, 10 5:17 AM
At the end of a lot of my levels, I don't get credit from the judges for placing fans and playing mini-games. Now, it's not that I'm not getting credit--I'm not GETTING any fans or mini-games. I'll go through a level without ANY mini-games (especially the earlier/mid-game levels). If a mini-game isn't popping up, why would I be penalized by the judges for not playing one? Is it me?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 16, 10 3:52 PM
govegril wrote:The game crashed with access violation halway through level 48!

I just got an access violation on level 35.

[Post New]by cardoh on Dec 16, 10 7:33 PM
I don't have sound when i play.

Fans & Mini-Games

[Post New]by harleycharley on Dec 16, 10 11:31 PM
Ethbay wrote:At the end of a lot of my levels, I don't get credit from the judges for placing fans and playing mini-games. Now, it's not that I'm not getting credit--I'm not GETTING any fans or mini-games. I'll go through a level without ANY mini-games (especially the earlier/mid-game levels). If a mini-game isn't popping up, why would I be penalized by the judges for not playing one? Is it me?

This keeps happening to me too.

[Post New]by CandiandMike on Dec 17, 10 6:21 AM
The game downloads but you can't play the game. Once it's on the main screen you can't select "Play Game", "Help", "Options" or anything. You have to Ctrl,Alt,Del.

[Post New]by bikersblu on Dec 17, 10 11:32 AM
My game keeps crashing on level DBC Studios episode 9 Its really frustrating! Have tried uninstall and then reinstall but nothing

[Post New]by luvoreo on Dec 17, 10 8:07 PM
I am experiencing issues as well when trying to play the game. I went as far as the second part of the conversation, and it froze. I know the Diner Town - Detective is fixed (which I am thankful) however, does this have anything to do with the technical issue similar to what happened to Diner Town - Detective ??

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 8:07:57 PM PST

Go to: