mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 15, 10 7:20 AM
This game is definitely different. I was already to "poo poo" this game but actually quite liked it. Having said that, due to all the hand holding I am already 1/3 into the game and I still have 23 mins. on the demo. I don't think I'll buy as I don't care for so much hand holding in a game, I prefer to find things on my own and I don't want to waste a credit on a game that will be almost half over by the time I finish the demo.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 15, 10 8:24 AM
I beta tested this game through another site. The same actors play the main characters, which is nice. I believe I played the game in the easier mode. It could be that after the beta test enough of us complained about certain puzzles that they made the game a bit easier overall. During the beta I could not get past a certain point and of course, I wasn't allowed to skip it. The biggest issue with that is I could only go so far in the beta. I know there's a big debate over skipping mini games vs. not skipping. Yes, it makes the game more challenging, but having the option to skip in mini game, espcially in a beta or trial period is crucial to me. I have some minor brain damage stemming from an autoimmune condition I have. It's not bad, but occasionally my brain can't process something to help me get past the puzzle. I like the game & I have it. The developers are great and responsive to issues with their games. Slingo is really the only slot machine type game I like. So I like the fact that it combines a HOG with slingo. I have the first game and enjoyed that one too.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 15, 10 9:26 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Good reviews everyone you haven't left me anything to say except that I found the small partially hidden objects quite easy to see because the edges of them are crisp and not blended . The volume the music was set at was just right for me so I left it on.

I didn't like the fact that it automatically entered my real name in for me for 2 reasons:

1. It always makes me feel as though my privacy has been violated and they have been having a good snoop round my computer.

2. I never ever use my real name when playing games and it just plain looked wrong.

It didn't stop me buying it though ... I enjoyed the first game and expect to enjoy this one too .

Cherb

That's why I changed the name of my PC to: H. Packard esq.
Dr.good

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Dec 15, 10 9:28 AM
I got to beta test this one and I enjoyed it so much that I went back and played the first one, Slingo Mystery:Who's Gold(loved that one too). There are some really good comprehensive reviews of the game already posted (Casualgran and Goofyduck77) and they are reliable in their info, so I won't bore you,lol. I just want to say that I have so much fun with the Slingo games and the storyline is fast paced but I also find the story line a good one, it does keep me interested and lends a bit more to the game than as one writer says, a way to get from point a to b. I am not bothered by the handholding either-this is a LFG and you want to keep it moving without sweating a walk-thru. If you do have a problem with that though, there is an option to turn off cursor hints- just choose that option and no more hand-holding . It is a nice twist on IHOG's and has me pretty excited to play as I have recently over-dosed on haunted houses,hotels and asylums. Looking forward to this little vacation of a game!

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 9:36:06 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 15, 10 9:33 AM
puzzledone wrote:easybake great review. Welcome and hope you hate enough games to keep coming back I think I'm leaning to your side here. A game so bad it's good LOL, this isn't campy enough to qualify sounds like. Hey, I've bought games just to see if they were as bad as everyone said. They were, one that started out so fun and was soooo different, I got swept up into admiring NatAmer symbols in the demo then going blind with a mag glass and ended up in Africa then in some religious blood thirsty cult in a ummm church? I was feeling so smug finding a location where others were stuck. Just dumb luck. I just didn't come back here and eat my roasted crow.

I think though drgood sized it up pretty good, in fact for most games...

The story is ....who cares, you're tracking down somebody for some reason and along the way you look for stuff and play games. It's not a new slant on a piece of classical lit. which a lot of you dislike. It's just there to carry you from point A to B,that's all.

Guess I'll size this one up tomorrow, no, I'm not an old crone set in my ways, if I were any more open minded my brains would fall out. Genres? I confess, I used my demo time on the DD Haiku something. 4 years old, thought it would make friends with my 4 yr old XP pc. froze up after clicking my first word. CADele to get out.

The guys seem to like it, shelling out big bucks with the devs and all. 2 more pro votes.
elldee you catch my geek talk? tossing around mbs and paraphrasing Mr Piccy and all, how bout them 1600/900 ratios huh? huh? LOL. See how I get with lack of sleep? 225mb download will wait til tomorrow when all the votes are in.

See how you influenced me Doc? making blue, you started it. But guess I broke TOS addressing posters not the OT, this "game", or Chinese water torture, ask easybake.

( and I liked that Twisted Dickens, even finished it, that's a record, 2 days, I like twists)

Puzzledone, Thanks for the compliment! I really wish I knew what the rest of that stuff you said was though!
Dr.good
p.s. I know, I know, this doesn't belong in the C&R, go ahead everybody...tell me about it.........in the C&R...

midgitary
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by midgitary on Dec 15, 10 9:51 AM
doctorgood wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Good reviews everyone you haven't left me anything to say except that I found the small partially hidden objects quite easy to see because the edges of them are crisp and not blended . The volume the music was set at was just right for me so I left it on.

I didn't like the fact that it automatically entered my real name in for me for 2 reasons:

1. It always makes me feel as though my privacy has been violated and they have been having a good snoop round my computer.

2. I never ever use my real name when playing games and it just plain looked wrong.

It didn't stop me buying it though ... I enjoyed the first game and expect to enjoy this one too .

Cherb

That's why I changed the name of my PC to: H. Packard esq.
Dr.good

LOLOLOL, Oh Dr. Good, you had me blowing cornflakes all over my computer monitor!!! At least it wasn't coffee out the nose this time!!! *wipes off cornflake sludge*

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 9:51:58 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 15, 10 9:59 AM
doctorgood wrote:

Cherb

That's why I changed the name of my PC to: H. Packard esq
Dr.good

Is it possible for you to get any sillier?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 15, 10 10:40 AM
I beta tested this game and, even though I relaal love the original Slingo, did not care for this one for a couple of reasons: One, when you had to find multiples of an object, many times the objects were blended too well into the background or mostly obscured. Second, with the second Slingo machine I encountered, I couldn't get past the challenge. After 5 tries, I gave up and quit the beta. Of course, I posted these comments in the survey. Maybe I will have to d/l the demo again, if it will let me, and see if the game has improved.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 15, 10 10:52 AM
I don`t like this game - graphic is average till bad, storyline okay but a little bit uninteresting, gameplay is okay, I don`t like Slingos very much. Overall a no-buy for me today. I hope I like tomorrows game much more

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 10:53:19 AM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 15, 10 11:30 AM
I loved the first game but in this one the handholding really bothered me -- although someone mentioned that you could change this with the options. I did find the objects hard to find but that might just be my eyes. Think I'll pass on this for now. maybe.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 15, 10 11:35 AM
I enjoyed Slingo Mystery: Who's Gold and bought this without trial. I am looking forward to playing.

As I recall, Slingo Mystery: Who's Gold grew on me as I played. I know... Duh! This is what games are supposed to do aren't they?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 15, 10 12:03 PM
Well, I just finished playing the demo and there has been some improvement from the beta. Objects seemed to be a little bit better to find, but not by much, and I did manage to complete the goal on the the second machine in 2 tries. I'd possibly get it as a DD or a sale.

kavdek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kavdek on Dec 15, 10 1:32 PM
I agree that I wish my real name wasn't on it.
This is a bit of a yawn for me -- I was looking for more Slingo-type games as I love traditional Slingo. I really wasn't engaged in getting from one room to the next. Kind of sorry I spent $$ on it. But will certainly finish it.

[Post New]by momgamer2009 on Dec 15, 10 2:06 PM
Nice History but Very POOR graphics

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Dec 15, 10 4:36 PM
I liked the game but after download there was my name also suprised me ............

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 15, 10 6:27 PM
kavdek wrote:This is a bit of a yawn for me -- I was looking for more Slingo-type games as I love traditional Slingo. I really wasn't engaged in getting from one room to the next. Kind of sorry I spent $$ on it. But will certainly finish it.

Once you finish the game Kavdek you can choose to play the straight Slingo games using any machine that was in the game. When the game starts up select Game Room and there you'll find the Slingo machines that were in the game. You have to unlock them in the story first. Then you can choose which machine you'd like to play

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 15, 10 7:01 PM
Well, I bought the first one and loved it. Had a good story line. This one is quite different, but I like it. The graphics weren't as good as the first one, but I like the fact that you have a number of different rooms to search and not have to continually go back to the same 5 or 6 rooms over and over (gets real boring after a couple of visits). Slingo is kind of fun..just to see how many points you can get. Finding the objects is very simple and kind of hokey in this one. A lot of five of this and 4 of that rather than a list of items (which I prefer). Anyway, as I said, I like this one too, just don't love it. Have to see what they are looking for, so I will use my last credit on this one. Thanks for all the helpful comments.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 15, 10 7:03 PM
I was looking forward to this game because I enjoyed the first one - but this one was not great - it was okay but slow and a little clunky - also way too much handholding on the items to find and the hidden objects - the curser turning into a hand when near the object is not much of a game

Graphics okay - music fine - voices okay - but the charm of the first mystery was missing

A pass for me

jlvlw
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jlvlw on Dec 15, 10 8:57 PM
sitecer wrote:Semi cute game.....but I am tired of running out of my 60 minute demo in under 30 minutes. Another case of a to short game for the price. Think I will wait until it comes on the $2.99 special.

I agree... Yes, it does say "Play the FREE sample version" but in the game manager it says I still have 21 minutes left. uses the hour free test drive as a draw so the games should be that.

Loved the first couple Slingos. Might get this one, might not.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 15, 10 9:27 PM
I have the first one and just finished this one. It's an enjoyable game but I liked the first one better. There is no skip for the "puzzles" but you get them eventually. The only thing I'm wondering about is why they changed the appearance of the wife (and gave her a big but too). I liked her better in the first one and since this was a continuation, I would have thought she would be the same since the male characters were the same. All in all, it's an enjoyable game and if you like Slingo, you can replay the machines in the game room after you finish the game, just like in the first one. It seems to me that the first one had more Slingo machines and a little better storyline.

Had to remove a t from but so it wouldn't be ***

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 9:31:21 PM PST

Go to: