LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to Call of Atlantis forum

[Post New]by LilyCat on Feb 16, 09 1:42 AM
My virus software (not McAffee) also refused to let me run this game, saying it was a known "bad program" called Backdoor something.

Other people seem to be running it, but there's obviously a problem there for some of us.

[Post New]by jackthebear on Feb 18, 09 5:02 PM
MCFMEM wrote:Now I am in Phoenicia Level 9. Really difficult to get the piece out from brick from first row. Also because of locks. I had go back to level 1 3 times now. I am tired.... Drive me crazy already. What should I do???

[Post New]by jackthebear on Feb 18, 09 5:03 PM
I am playing but can't figure out how to use the swap ?

[Post New]by losttvseries on Feb 24, 09 8:02 PM
The finale of stargate atlantis was a pretty good one but it left a lot of unanswered questions. I hope they make some movies to finally get closure on converting or destroying the Wraith. This show could have lasted easily another 5 seasons especially with the new enemy they unearthed a few episodes ago. There were a lot of special effects in this episode and I was glad to see them spend some money so they can stick it to the Sci-Fi Channel dimwits. The City blasting in using a new super travel technology will change the Stargate storyline forever. Still, I want to see some movies with Rainbow Sun Francks being cured and brought home in the Movie that brings Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy and sees McKay marry the hot doctor in a double ceremony with Ronin and the hot Marine chick. Let's all hope that Sci-Fi doesn't cancel Stargate Universe before the story is told.

[Post New]by figgymanna on Feb 26, 09 1:58 AM
I am unable to use this game as my virus software (AVIRA) states that wgcpqff.exe contains recognition pattern of the WORM/Rbot.849232.1 worm.Ad aware is also stating the same thing and will not let me activate the download.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 2, 09 5:35 PM
We have a new version of Call of Atlantis that resolves the incorrect flagging of our game as containing a virus. I recommend reinstalling the game again to see if that corrects the problem. Also, you may want to try updating Avira as well. You can contact Avira directly for assistance with updating their program.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you are still having problems, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

[Post New]by figgymanna on Mar 5, 09 11:47 AM
Thanks the new version it installs and activates fine

[Post New]by RenoAce on Mar 20, 09 12:00 PM
I dowwnloaded this game yesterday and it was fun untill I got to Babylon, level 9. The "match three" let me score a lot of points, but could not capture the needed object (looks like a turnip). What am I missing? I can usually figure these thing out, but I am baffled.

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Mar 22, 09 6:08 AM
Hi Reno, is this the one where the "turnip" is in the column separate from the rest of the "gameboard"? If so, you can use bombs, or keep making matches (using the amulet as soon as you have it charged.)

Also, occasionally, I have found that I can actually make a match on the right side where the "turnip" is.

One other way, use the lightning to destroy the items on the right column. A tip: try and destroy the most prominent one, thereby saving your lightning power-ups as much as possible. Usually you'll earn at least 2 amulets while making matches, and you can use those as well.

Does any of this make sense? It's early on a Sunday, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little blurry.

Good luck!

[Post New]by Phillybird on May 22, 09 5:15 PM
Hello...I can't figure out how to get the piece off the wall (bottom left) in Carthage level 2. I am new to this. Can't get the iced piece in the framed part above left either (which is probably why I can't get the walled one). Is it only done by the power shooting thing? If so ...it won't shoot it.

It is a fun game and beautiful!!

[Post New]by wingspirit on May 31, 09 12:12 PM
I love the game. I am on Journey 28, with a score of over 9,000,000. Keep trying you can figure out how to do it. I usually try to get the pieces out at the top of the board, it makes it easier.

Great game.

[Post New]by Spinthia on Jun 13, 09 5:35 PM
Phillybird wrote:Hello...I can't figure out how to get the piece off the wall (bottom left) in Carthage level 2. I am new to this. Can't get the iced piece in the framed part above left either (which is probably why I can't get the walled one). Is it only done by the power shooting thing? If so ...it won't shoot it.

It is a fun game and beautiful!!

I too am stuck there at Carthage 2. I finally got that piece off the wall using the 4-match powerup thingy in the middle bottom. I got to this level with 5 lives and only one hourglass power up, i imagine it would be easier if I had lightning bolts left. Down to 4 lives and not happy about it.

I agree, it is a fun and beautiful game!

[Post New]by csprucejon on Jul 11, 09 3:57 PM
Hi-
Love the game, but need help, stuck on Egypt level 9. The small puzzle
piece in the small bridge area. Can't seem to get it out, I've tried several
things, is there a particular formula for moving this piece out.
Thanks

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Sep 6, 09 10:06 AM
wingspirit wrote:I love the game. I am on Journey 28, with a score of over 9,000,000. Keep trying you can figure out how to do it. I usually try to get the pieces out at the top of the board, it makes it easier.

Great game.

Obviously you are an EXPERT at this game! Any chance you could help a novice with how / what needs to happen to get that puzzle icon out of the box in Egypt Level 9? I'm on my last life for the 2nd time (replayed) and still have no clue what the end series needs to look like to get this thing out of the box. I can get it to the far right but since it's not a match for anything, how do you get it to move? Would love to enjoy the rest of this game during this holiday weekend. Thanks!

[Post New]by Piaffe on Sep 6, 09 4:05 PM
Looking for a similar game.... have over 4M points, 18 journeys, ... love the game but am ready for something new.... has anyone who likes Call of Atlantis found a similar game?

[Post New]by RUBARB2 on Sep 28, 09 7:39 AM
ecblisa wrote:I join that call for help about the puzzle pieces sitting on a brick wall. I made it to the last level of the original journey, but I can't solve the level because I can't get the pieces of the flower off the wall. Because the only exits from the wall are chained in the beginning, and there is a lot of ice, moving the puzzle pieces to the side early doesn't seem to be an option. Is the only way to solve that level to have lots of "swap" powerups left? I didn't, obviously. Thanks for any new ideas!

Later edit: I did finally solve it, just before losing all my lives. It is possible to move the puzzle pieces sideways with an "A, A, puzzle piece, A" formation (to the right) of an "A, puzzle piece, A, A" formation (to the left). (The A's stand for any match of three.) I knew that. It just didn't seem to be possible to achieve enough of those in the time available, even with some extra time powerups. But it finally worked.

The real difficulty is that none of the powerups except the swap help you at all with this problem.

What are A puzzle pieces, what do they look like

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Jan 17, 10 12:51 PM
This game is abolutely one of my favorite games. I love the music, graphics and all the different variety of puzzles, hidden object and match 3. If you don't have this game, try it/ you'll love it. 4 1/2 stars

[Post New]by fitzmom1 on Feb 22, 10 1:33 PM
I am on journey 2, Carthage level 2, and can't get that one piece on the bottom left off the wall. I've gone through 5 lives and tried various manuevers. I went through the 2 swaps I had trying to set up a move and it just won't work! Help me please so I can move on. My email is fitzmom1@yahoo.com

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Apr 13, 10 5:08 PM
This is a solid game- I'm not keen on losing lives, and I'd like the level timers to be about 5-10 minutes longer than they are, but I love the visuals, the music, and the general idea of the gameplay. It's very familiar, just coming from playing 4 Elements, but it's not the same game with new clothes on. We shall see how it works out in the long run.

EDIT (for update): Yeah, this is not a winner for me. I hate that once you run out of lives, you have to start from level 1. Really? Not a single save point for doing the work of getting there to begin with?

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 12:30:01 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 14, 10 10:19 PM
Another demo hour that flew by! This is a very nice match 3 game - pretty graphics, Roman theme with facts about ancient Rome & Greece, the gods & goddesses factor into everything you do. My only complaint is that I wish the match 3 screens were a little larger. They are adequate - but would have been nice larger. This is another game that alternates fragmented hidden object scenes with match 3 play. This is more standard match 3 - most of the time you have fragmented pieces of objects hidden in your match 3 screen and must free them by moving them to the bottom of the screen. There are various bonuses that you can use to help you (such as Zeus' lightning bolt to zap all matching pieces of one type from the puzzle screen). The fragmented object scenes, while I usually don't care much for them, were not bad at all in this game. Most of the pieces you are looking for are hidden but not to the point of frustration. I think this is a nice, solid, easy on the eyes match 3 game with a great theme & was fun to play.

Go to: