[Post New]by Bidme on Dec 16, 10 6:01 AM
I had no voice sound in demo, brought game now all load and clear

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by alphab22m on Dec 16, 10 6:04 AM
Re DirectX, you do not have to download this, when you accept upgrade, game checks to see which upgrades of dx you have and then states that you don't need upgrade. I also have windows 7 and this is how it worked for me.
As for game, am undecided, have played 30 min of demo, lot of running around and no **** yet, guess it's more adventure, I can't find the darn bolt, and need that to continue.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 16, 10 6:04 AM
Oh. Okay. Thanks for the tip, Alphab22m.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 6:06:28 AM PST

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Dec 16, 10 6:18 AM
Hi all!!!!

Sounds like alot of uncertainty. I enjoy a good game in fact I have been waiting all month for one, but this sounds like TOO much running and getting nowhere. Don't think I will bother just yet til more reviews come out. All the DD I have. Getting in a lag here. Any suggestions anyone of a good HOG or Match 3?

Happy Holiday to all.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 16, 10 6:19 AM
Coronagold, you may have to accept the direct x9.
9 and 10 and 9 and 11 run in parallel. 9 is for XP, 10 is for Vista and 11 is for Windows 7.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 6:28 AM
my thoughts so far, adventure, no skip for movies, no tutorial, windowed, hint button only shows interactive objects not what to do, and when i exit it shows a lot of screen shots....when i exit i want to exit not watch a movie...oh and one other thing, when hitting the windows icon on keyboard to check the walkthru w/o exiting, the screen is still windowed and when i try to hit the bfg icon (or anything else) it just goes back to the game...i will pop back in after i am done, also when you quit and return you have to sit thru the whole intro again....so far no hog scenes, not for me

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 6:57 AM
bella81762 wrote:my thoughts so far, adventure, no skip for movies, no tutorial, windowed, hint button only shows interactive objects not what to do, and when i exit it shows a lot of screen shots....when i exit i want to exit not watch a movie...oh and one other thing, when hitting the windows icon on keyboard to check the walkthru w/o exiting, the screen is still windowed and when i try to hit the bfg icon (or anything else) it just goes back to the game...i will pop back in after i am done, also when you quit and return you have to sit thru the whole intro again....so far no hog scenes, not for me

Hi bella, just a tip. The movies can be avoided by hitting the esc key, both at the beginning and the end of the game

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 16, 10 7:11 AM
i had no idea what to do or where to go, not my idea of fun. but then i generally dont like adventure games, so no buy for me

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 16, 10 7:46 AM
mamacarole629 wrote: Getting in a lag here. Any suggestions anyone of a good HOG or Match 3?

Match 3: Hidden Wonders of the Depths - Atlantis Adventures - lovely, mixed with HOG chapters as bonus play.
HOG: Love & Death: Bitten - charming!

Both of them for sale here.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Dec 16, 10 7:55 AM
SPOILER ALERT
As an old and long time gamer, you get used to 'the tricks of the trade'. Double click to run and access new areas quickly. Use right click on everything for descriptions and on inventory items to bring them up in a large window, then examine AND turn item. You'll see an arrow by hand on cursor. Try using inventory objects on item. You should have found items to, 'examine small details' and to open package. Turn the box to access 2 objects and examine separately. The tablets are good for soaking things. Check out the phone!! Then look to the map on the table. Pick up everything that's not nailed down. You can combine objects in inventory.
You can't leave by the front door until............ I left and accessed the next area in my hour trial. Its a great game and hopefully, no HOs. I think there is a glitch as there is no speach sound, yet there is a voice adjustment in options. Maybe when I load the full game????
I love games where there is no rush, just using your imagination and ingenuity and trying things that are totally daft. And the cheeky comments you get from Nicole. LOL. Have fun all.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 7:58 AM
Another serial killer or nutcase on the loose. This game is definitely for diehard adventurers. The graphics are good but the dialogue seems to be "lost in translation" Nicole becomes very annoying when she repeats (ad nauseum) "not gonna happen" or "nothing doing" etc. There is alot of "to-ing and fro-ing" from person to location in order to trigger a certain conversation before you will be given an item you'll need. Inventory items need to be combined in the correct order or they do not work. I use to gravitate towards these types of games but as I get older I seem to want to take the "path of least resistance". Having said all of that I think I will probably consider buying since I have a credit coming and a part of me still likes that sleuthing that comes with these games. But of course, I am always waiting for that next good eerie, spooky, creepy IHOG to come along.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 10:20:35 AM PST

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Dec 16, 10 9:29 AM
I can't begin to describe how much I hated this game. I only lasted 10 minutes. Even the walkthrough looks horrible with tons of reading for each item.

The clunky walking back and forth of the girl; no place to click for a menu or a hint; no instructions; no idea what the goal was or what I was to do next, except open the package. I have a package and a knife. Pretty simple. But I couldn't even set the package back on the desk it was originally on.

Just a complete waste of a game. Based on its length I was really enthusiastic going in to this game, but a definite NO buy for me. Please please please rush several of the CE versions into SE form soon.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 16, 10 9:30 AM
I bought this game even before the trial was up because I love adventure games like this. I found a better walkthrough at a game site with the name game boomers in it. It explains the game way better I find.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 16, 10 9:38 AM
mhatfie wrote:Another serial killer or nutcase on the loose. This game is definitely for diehard adventurers.

Yes, finally, a good ol' adventure game for adventure gamers! Been waiting to get this one for months and was on Mudrock's list about 3 times ago. Been holding on to a punch card credit waiting for it!

Thanks

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Dec 16, 10 9:40 AM
I bought this game even before the trial was up because I love adventure games like this

I love adventure games too but haven't purchased this one yet as I have no voices. I have music and ambient noises but no voices. Very strange.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 9:42 AM
hannah57 wrote:I bought this game even before the trial was up because I love adventure games like this. I found a better walkthrough at a game site with the name game boomers in it. It explains the game way better I find.

A very good site for walkthroughs

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 9:57 AM
Kitty_at_large wrote:
I bought this game even before the trial was up because I love adventure games like this

I love adventure games too but haven't purchased this one yet as I have no voices. I have music and ambient noises but no voices. Very strange.

For some very bad reason, it seems that we are not allowed to hear the voices until after we buy. LOL! There are a few comments in the thread about this. It happened to me too. No voices in the demo, voices after I paid. Happy gaming.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 10:06 AM
peglegann wrote:
Kitty_at_large wrote:

For some very bad reason, it seems that we are not allowed to hear the voices until after we buy. LOL! There are a few comments in the thread about this. It happened to me too. No voices in the demo, voices after I paid. Happy gaming.

Thank you for that info. I may reconsider and purchase.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 16, 10 10:11 AM
I'm downloading the purchased game right now - I expect it will take quite a long time, since the demo took about 45 minutes this morning.

This game might not be for everyone, but I think I will really enjoy it. I expect to rely heavily on the walkthrough, though, because I am not intuitive enough to play Adventure games without a lot of help! But the stunning graphics and crisp, sharp scenes will make the game more enjoyable for me, and I even left the music on softly in the background - I usually shut it off within minutes of starting a game. I like the perspective of the game the most - I can't play those Adventure games that have the player looking down from above, moving little blips that are supposed to be people around on a map-like game board.

Happy gaming, everyone!

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Dec 16, 10 10:29 AM
This game has "Stepford Wife" written all over it! Not my type - pass.
SnowMeow (Calif.)

Go to: