peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 10:59 AM
Sound Issues with the conversation
It has been suggested that I post this here. The sound does not seem to work during the conversations in the demo. You have to buy to get to hear this. LOL!
No idea why, but found out through the threads and from my own experience.
No sound before buy..... sound after I paid Very strange, but true.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 16, 10 11:05 AM
cool! Thanks peglegann!!! Am downloading full version now...will probably take the rest of the day LOL!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 11:15 AM
scpotamus wrote:cool! Thanks peglegann!!! Am downloading full version now...will probably take the rest of the day LOL!

Glad to help. This game is going to take some time to finish, as it is so large, I will be dipping in and out of it until the weekend at least. Yippee!
Enjoy, scpotamus I know I will

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Dec 16, 10 11:16 AM
The message I got said the file was corrupt. May uninstall and try again.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Dec 16, 10 12:21 PM
peglegann wrote:Sound Issues with the conversation
It has been suggested that I post this here. The sound does not seem to work during the conversations in the demo. You have to buy to get to hear this. LOL!
No idea why, but found out through the threads and from my own experience.
No sound before buy..... sound after I paid Very strange, but true.

I was just going to report this sound issue and saw your post.
I love these series and was going to buy it even if there was no demo.
Thanks Peglegann for the heads up

Nouni

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Dec 16, 10 12:24 PM
I downloaded the game with no problems. When it asked me to install DirectX I agreed, but then it turned out I already have the newest version. For me, the game was off the screen to the left, cutting off part of my inventory and leaving a couple inches of black on the right side of my monitor. I tried to play the game but really couldn't figure out what to do. Some items would show a mouse if you hovered over them and clicking on them did nothing. Other items would show a mouse with an eye, but clicking on them also did nothing. I thought the eye meant you could look closer at them. Apparently not. Still other items had a mouse with an eye and a hand. You could pick these items up and clicking on these items DID add them to your inventory. Went to every area she could get to, picked up every item she could pick up, couldn't leave the apartment, so I guess I am done. There has to be something I am missing. Trying to use items together (like the letter opener and an envelope) got me the message: These items don't match. Oooookay.

[Post New]by jldavies59 on Dec 16, 10 1:04 PM
Turning Aero off also worked for me, no more blank screen.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 1:14 PM
Masanders wrote:I downloaded the game with no problems. When it asked me to install DirectX I agreed, but then it turned out I already have the newest version. For me, the game was off the screen to the left, cutting off part of my inventory and leaving a couple inches of black on the right side of my monitor. I tried to play the game but really couldn't figure out what to do. Some items would show a mouse if you hovered over them and clicking on them did nothing. Other items would show a mouse with an eye, but clicking on them also did nothing. I thought the eye meant you could look closer at them. Apparently not. Still other items had a mouse with an eye and a hand. You could pick these items up and clicking on these items DID add them to your inventory. Went to every area she could get to, picked up every item she could pick up, couldn't leave the apartment, so I guess I am done. There has to be something I am missing. Trying to use items together (like the letter opener and an envelope) got me the message: These items don't match. Oooookay.

The items with the eye need to be "right clicked" and this will give you some info. The letter opener does not go with the envelope. Hope this helps a little.

won't load

[Post New]by lcapell on Dec 16, 10 2:51 PM
Hi i have purchased this game and it won't load i get a code 2 error what is this??

these are my specs

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/16/2010, 22:49:56
Machine name: MEDIA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 2096MB used, 6091MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_26001682&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2287 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: BenQ FP222Wa
Monitor Model: BenQ FP222Wa
Monitor Id: BNQ7707
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050 (59.954Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.6099 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.6099
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/16/2010 18:55:00, 12788840 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4555-11CF-E162-0C061CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0615
SubSys ID: 0x26001682
Revision ID: 0x00A2

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 3:57 PM
This is the problem that I am having. The download was 100 % complete. It is stuck on validating for a long time. I clicked on it and it said game manager not responding. It did not give me any sort of Direct X message which I have gotten in the past. Downloaded it twice- same problem.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 4:05 PM
mhatfie wrote:This is the problem that I am having. The download was 100 % complete. It is stuck on validating for a long time. I clicked on it and it said game manager not responding. It did not give me any sort of Direct X message which I have gotten in the past. Downloaded it twice- same problem.

please ignore this as finally it installed. I got the direct X message and I was up to date. Now we will see how well the game plays ?????? Hopefully no glitches.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Dec 16, 10 8:11 PM
Mine has also been validating and saving for over an hour now. Haven't received any message about DirectX at all.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Dec 16, 10 8:12 PM
Now after pausing it and un-pausing it the game is downloading AGAIN!

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Dec 16, 10 11:46 PM
Another good game Another NO PLAY game yet again ,NO talking can't access box after opening,no work NO BUY AGAIN

Not just me as friends have exactly the same for XP VISTA & WINDOWS 7 what is wrong at BF buy here no work,buy elsewhere WORKS COME ON BF STOP MAKING EXCUSES DO SOMETHING

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 17, 10 7:07 AM
Ok, tried to play the game today and it won't start from the game manager...so I started it from the file. Played well as far as no choppy cutscenes (cursor still a bit sluggish) until I got to ... I don't want to spoil anything ...lets just say that the choppy video and sound during the cutscenes resumed. I closed it down and restarted (making sure the Aero was still off) and the beginning scenes still played just fine. Went to my saved game and cutscenes choppy again and cursor VERY sluggish. What is going on?
I'm going to reboot and try cutting off any extraneous background stuff and see if that helps.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 17, 10 7:13 AM
Donick2 wrote:Another good game Another NO PLAY game yet again ,NO talking can't access box after opening,no work NO BUY AGAIN

Not just me as friends have exactly the same for XP VISTA & WINDOWS 7 what is wrong at BF buy here no work,buy elsewhere WORKS COME ON BF STOP MAKING EXCUSES DO SOMETHING

Hi. The talking does not work until after you buy it. I put a post at the top of here about that. A lot of people have had problems with the box as it needs to be right clicked not left. Right-clicking is prevalent in this game and you cannot get anywhere without it. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by jannmac on Dec 17, 10 7:38 AM
Very happy to hear the dialogue comes with purchase.But I wonder if anyone else has had success with this.

I've been through the Dr. Felix thing with CS and they could find no reason for the problem, so as much as I want to play this game, I'm still reluctant.

It's just a pain to download the thing again and then have to go back to CS if it doesn't work, go through the routine again and finally get a coupon when there's nothing else I'm interested in. This type of game isn't offered a lot and it's really all I'm interested in.

So I if any else one out there has taken the chance I'd appreciate a nod.

Thanks,
Jan

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Dec 17, 10 7:39 AM
I get the choppy cutscenes, as well. I run Win XP, so no Aero to turn off. I haven't been able to play any of the Art of Murder games... too bad, because I really like this kind of game

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 17, 10 8:19 AM
jannmac wrote:Very happy to hear the dialogue comes with purchase.But I wonder if anyone else has had success with this.

I've been through the Dr. Felix thing with CS and they could find no reason for the problem, so as much as I want to play this game, I'm still reluctant.

It's just a pain to download the thing again and then have to go back to CS if it doesn't work, go through the routine again and finally get a coupon when there's nothing else I'm interested in. This type of game isn't offered a lot and it's really all I'm interested in.

So I if any else one out there has taken the chance I'd appreciate a nod.

Thanks,
Jan

Hi Jan, 2 or 3 of us have found that there is no sound with the demo and we have sound since we bought. Strange but true. Look through this forum and read the different posts. I read everything I can before I buy a game if I am unsure. Hope this helps. Ann

[Post New]by jannmac on Dec 17, 10 8:29 AM
Thanks Ann. I appreciate the info and am looking forward to playing the game.

Jan

Go to: