Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Exactly HOW graphic?

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 16, 10 12:41 PM
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
dmcgrath1313 wrote:Oh i do appreciate it [removed by moderator]

Just exactly who died and left you in charge lil' feller?
You need to show a little respect to the other forum members here. This ain't the mall parking lot or some skate board park. There are actually adults here that know what the definition of civility is. Go ahead, go look it up I'll be here.
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

yes as drgood said, we should all show respect for our fellow posters, new and old, , and be civil to everyone, we all have our own opinions. remember...there is tos for a reason.....

Yes, Bella, and the good doc is such a good example of how to behave in a respectful manner. A few things come to mind here, such as a C&R thread for a game about Jewelry, among others.

p.s.It's spelled forums

Sorry, doc. It's FORA. Because it's an originally Latin word.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 12:55 PM
Does anyone have any further help for ajuma, regarding the original question?
I think they may be waiting further info.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 16, 10 1:16 PM
Sorry, Peglegann, I did not want to go off-topic in this thread. Sorry if I have irritated you or Ajuma in any way. If you have a problem with a little violence in cut-scenes, I recommend the ESC-button. I thought it wasn't that bad, but like you all said, we are all different. What's gruesome to me might be highly entertaining to the next person and the other way around. Again, sorry to hijack this thread with an off-topic reply.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 16, 10 1:20 PM
Catghost wrote:Sorry, Peglegann, I did not want to go off-topic in this thread. Sorry if I have irritated you or Ajuma in any way. If you have a problem with a little violence in cut-scenes, I recommend the ESC-button. I thought it wasn't that bad, but like you all said, we are all different. What's gruesome to me might be highly entertaining to the next person and the other way around. Again, sorry to hijack this thread with an off-topic reply.

Yes, I did say about the esc key in a couple of threads further up. The graphics do not bother me but they do ajuma, so I was just wondering if anyone has been further into the game to help her decide, whether to demo or not.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 16, 10 1:23 PM
Hi ajuma--I didn't realize you had lost your voice. The cut scenes and graphics in the Art of Murder games are very realistic. If the sight of bloody bodies would bother you--this isn't your game. And I'm talking pretty realistic murder scenes...I don't know how else to explain it. But, as was stated earlier, you can use the ESC button anytime you see a cut scene starting. Most of the gore is contained in the cut scenes. But since I've not played this one yet (I've got it downloaded ready to play...) I can't say yet about the other scenes.

Hope this helps in some way.

PS Since I love these games and have played the others, I didn't bother to do the demo...sorry!.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 1:47:30 PM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 16, 10 1:32 PM
Catghost wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

You need to show a little respect to the other forum members here. This ain't the mall parking lot or some skate board park. There are actually adults here that know what the definition of civility is. Go ahead, go look it up I'll be here.
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

yes as drgood said, we should all show respect for our fellow posters, new and old, , and be civil to everyone, we all have our own opinions. remember...there is tos for a reason.....

Yes, Bella, and the good doc is such a good example of how to behave in a respectful manner. A few things come to mind here, such as a C&R thread for a game about Jewelry, among others.

Indeed.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 1:45:42 PM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 16, 10 7:52 PM
Thanks for all the replies! From what I've read, this game isn't for me...in spite of the "esc" key. I think I'll mosey back and play Wandering Willows again!

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Dec 16, 10 8:05 PM

To all who have been encouraging to Ajuma.

Ajuma, I just would like you to know that for the most part, the people who use and make comments to the Big Fish Forums are helpful and considerate to each other. There is a type of comradre here that you do not find in a lot of the chat rooms and forums of this type.

I do not know how long you have been playing the Big Fish Games, but if you have not been here long; I hope that you will stay and get to know some us better. We are good bunch here.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 17, 10 2:46 AM
textrekkie wrote:
Catghost wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

Indeed.

Finally you two have come to your senses! I am so glad you opened your eyes and realized I was right all along! Thanks for being big enough to admit your mistakes.
Have a great day!
Dr.good

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 17, 10 3:06 AM
Catghost wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

p.s.It's spelled forums

So, we agree that it's not "forms" correct! God, I hate it when I'm right all the time!!
Dr.good
p.s.Not to split hairs but "forums" is the preferred word for the plural of forum. Fora is the 2nd acceptable plural of forum but..............forums is #1

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 3:42:54 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 17, 10 3:16 AM
Catghost wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

p.s.It's spelled forums

Okay,...that's one.......(that I'm personally proud of, thanks ). Where does the "few" part come in to play though? C'mon......what are they?.........I, as all people, appreciate praise so give me some more examples.
Dr.good

[Post New]by Sehjii on Dec 17, 10 6:27 AM
SO.....

If we may return to the original topic...

If I understand it correctly the question was "exactly HOW graphic?". I- too- would like to know the details to this question.

Rather than leaving the question open-ended... I would like to know the answers to the following questions...

* Is the Demo version representative of all types of potentially "questionable" content?
* Is there physical violence?
* Is there blood and gore?
* Is there foul language in either cut scenes or in-game dialogue?
* Is God's name used as an exclamation in either cut scenes or in-game dialogue?
* Is there nudity (partial or otherwise) in either cut scenes or in-game dialogue?

I do appreciate your answers to these questions. As one of the customers who has asked for (and received) credit back from games containing material that I find objectionable- I appreciate BFG's disclaimer! However- since blood and gore and some violence (in context) don't bother me and foul language and nudity does- it would help to have more details.

btw... please forgive my lack of commas... my Microsoft keyboard has decided to ignore the comma key... AGAIN! I don't know what the comma key did to the keyboard or what the keyboard has against the comma key... but I sure wish they would make up! lol...

TIA & Hugs
Cyn

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 17, 10 6:52 AM
Sehjii--my best response to you, after having played the other Art of Murder games, but not having yet played this one and with no intention of just demoing, is that this is not your type of game.

Yes, there is physical violence
Yes, as stated above, there is blood and gore
I don't remember foul language being an issue in any of their games, except maybe an occasional damn or hell
Can't remember if they ever used any god's name as an exclamation
There is no nudity, unless you count women's cleavage, bare arms and legs as partial nudity.

Hope this helps.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 17, 10 7:03 AM
Sehjii, textrekkie is quite right in all that they said. It is similar to the last one, you do not say if you demoed that.
It looks like this game is probably not for you.

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 7:04:47 AM PST

[Post New]by dmcgrath1313 on Dec 17, 10 9:44 AM
I would like to extend an olive Branch and just simply say im sorry ...i was being rude and taking my bad day out on an innocent fellow fish. Im really not like that, i can be nasty sometimes and im really sorry for my hurtful words. Please accept my apologies and in the future i hope i can help you out. The games a bit graphic and if your hesitating at all then you probably should play a better more suitable game. Im looking forward to more games like Raven ect...i have hundreds of games in my library and would be more then happy to recommend some to you. Again to all my fellow fish...im sorry.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 17, 10 10:35 AM
dmcgrath1313 wrote:I would like to extend an olive Branch and just simply say im sorry ...i was being rude and taking my bad day out on an innocent fellow fish. Im really not like that, i can be nasty sometimes and im really sorry for my hurtful words. Please accept my apologies and in the future i hope i can help you out. The games a bit graphic and if your hesitating at all then you probably should play a better more suitable game. Im looking forward to more games like Raven ect...i have hundreds of games in my library and would be more then happy to recommend some to you. Again to all my fellow fish...im sorry.

That is a brave thing to do, to apologise in public and as I was one of the two that the comment was aimed at (although you misunderstood that it does not bother me, I only act like a wuss when real humans are involved, not drawings)LOL!
I wholeheartedly accept your apology. I hope you have a great time in the pond.
Ann

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 17, 10 10:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

Let's make sure to keep this discussion based around the OP. It's a great question that can be helpful for other inquisitive players and I'd love to keep this thread open! If you have any questions, feel free to PM a Moderator. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Dec 17, 10 12:42 PM
Seems like one more apology is missing...

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 17, 10 12:45 PM
dmcgrath1313 wrote:I would like to extend an olive Branch and just simply say im sorry ...i was being rude and taking my bad day out on an innocent fellow fish. Im really not like that, i can be nasty sometimes and im really sorry for my hurtful words. Please accept my apologies and in the future i hope i can help you out. The games a bit graphic and if your hesitating at all then you probably should play a better more suitable game. Im looking forward to more games like Raven ect...i have hundreds of games in my library and would be more then happy to recommend some to you. Again to all my fellow fish...im sorry.

You have my utmost respect for having the courage and honor to do what you have just done. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.
Dr.good
p.s. I've been known to be an old grouch on occasion myself!! Just ask around! Doesn't mean we're all bad does it!

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 17, 10 1:17 PM
DrGood, you would earn my utmost respect if you would be big enough to also appologize to dmcgrath1313 for the comment you made following his/her post.
Don't you think you should?

This will be the last thing I will say OT, I promise.

Go to: