Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ballville: The Beginning

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 18, 10 12:13 AM
The graphics are excellent. The gameplay is M3 with some wild twists. Different orbs do different things to the grid. The storyline is well written and I found myself hoping they can do what they need to. When the hour demo was over, I was suprised and not happy that have it end.

This game is an A.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 18, 10 12:13 AM
One thing I did find was there is a relaxed mode as well as a timed mode. The map is quite large and the game quite long. Enjoy! I did.

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 12:14:52 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 18, 10 12:15 AM
phatkhat wrote:This struck me (and I have not played it yet) as much like Trio. Is it? One Trio is enough, LOL. But if it is seriously different, I'll give it a try...

I own Trio, and this doesn't strike me as similar. It's more similar to standard match 3 games than to Trio, which is a pretty unique one.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 18, 10 4:22 AM

This is really a cute take on M3 games but it kind of shatters my ego driven need to maintain the illusion of being a grown-up playing "serious" games.

In addition to that feeling of regaining my inner child, this game has some good difficulty as well as being over-the-top cute.

Very nice!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Dec 18, 10 8:58 PM
This is a cute colorful game, but some how it just doesn't quite strike my fancy. Maybe it was a little too gimmicky, a little too jumpy, the music a little too annoying but whatever within less than half an hour I just felt bored. Oh and why did the orbs in the hidden object portions sound like meowing cats? Not a terrible game but not for me.

mdc124
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mdc124 on Dec 19, 10 8:41 PM
Too frenetic, drove me nuts.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 20, 10 1:10 AM
This has to be the most adorable game I have seen in a very long time. Caught me by complete surprise when I tried it and got hook after 20 min of game time. Great way to zone out after playing the "serious" games. Thanks to the devlopers for bring out my "inner child".

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 20, 10 6:10 PM
ember89 wrote:cuddle your inner child and give it a whirl!

And that's exactly what I did and I had a blast. The hour was gone before I knew it. This is a nice match game for all ages.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 21, 10 2:32 PM
Not really a game for me. Its to childish in my opinion and too easy. No buy, maybe as a Daily Deal someday

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Dec 21, 10 7:42 PM
I was hopeful when I read so many positive comments about Ballville, so hurried up to download my trial. Whew.......this is the first time I've ever had trouble with my eyes being affected by everything going on within the screen. Don't know what it was but I had a terrible time differentiating between the characters and they all kept swimming together on me. I'm disappointed as I think I would have enjoyed this delightful match 3 if it didn't bother my eyes so much. Not for me

[Post New]by calliopejane on Dec 22, 10 12:07 PM
Count me with those who couldn't stand the graphics. Everything is bouncy-wiggly-shivery all the time, it's so aggravating. I prefer games where things just cleanly drop, and can tolerate those with a little bounce on the fall. But this was like playing with half-set jello all the time. ick!

[Post New]by StanC4 on Dec 23, 10 2:48 AM
I have just completed all 100 regular + 100 bonus levels and enjoyed every one. I've bought all the buildings on the map and looking forward to see the sequel! Hope that Ballville 2 will be even more terrific.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 27, 10 7:52 PM
Love this game. I love the little balls have different purposes. This game is my latest "go to" game. Very relaxing and fun! Thanks StripedArts!

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Dec 30, 10 8:32 PM
hellfern wrote:Fast-paced and adorable, but I find it somewhat juvenile. Great for older youngsters, though!

You're absolutely right, helfern, and I'm sure that many of us older youngsters will be buying this game just as soon as our Social Security checks come through. I know I will!! (No offense intended or taken, hellfern. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to tease you a little. )

I love Match 3s but don't buy them often as each one is usually just like the last one only with different pictures to match up. Ballville is a delightful switch from that so I'm adding it to my buy list. Also, the subtitle "The Beginning" makes me think there may be sequels. If there are, I hope they come up with something a little new and different in the sequels so that each one isn't usually just like the last one only with different pictures to match up. Hm...that sounds awfully familiar?? Hee Hee.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Ballville: The Beginning

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jan 20, 11 12:31 PM
amj0963 wrote:i love this game, it is so cute with the little alien characters. you not only play match 3 but you also have to search for the little critters and when you click on them they sound like cats lol. each little alien does different things, you also get special prizes that you can open as you go along.

some may think this is a kids game but it is adorable, i didn't want to quit playing. the match 3 screens are different each time and you get to choose which aliens you want to use. it looks like it is a very long game. the graphics are crisp and clear. i also like that it has an option for custom cursor.

i played until the demo ran out and i bought it.

i give this game 5 out of 5

Me too! Totally addictive! What a fast and very enjoyable 60 minutes I spent playing this game. Bought it immediately after demo ran out. So many good things about this game I think I'll check out more games in the "KIDS" section!

out of 5

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 12:32:51 PM PST

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 20, 11 4:38 PM
I thought first off that I wouldn't like the game but I actually did, it was addictive. I like the graphics, and the speed, and finding new things in the map side with the boxes. I don't like the chicken because it moves too much, but I did like the majority of objects and I would purchase this game.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 2, 11 2:55 PM
I was late in the day, coming to this game, but I'm so glad I found it!
Having read all the other comments and reviews I think I'm not alone in feeling that it is so much fun to play. It's quite hard to stop playing it and I've found myself struggling to keep my eyes open but having to play just one more level before going to bed.
I lover the little characters and the whole game has been so well put together, I can't wait to show my little granddaughter - I know she'll love it as much as I do.
Love to all and thanks Big Fish, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by Froya12 on May 14, 11 6:31 PM
I am on the bonus levels now and a bit disappointed that one dont get anything new to the village. Sigh, boring just to play 3 match without any surprises.

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Nov 13, 11 3:41 PM
I did not like this game at the beginning but finally I became a fan of those nice people and bought it

Go to: