bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Christmas Wonderland

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 23, 10 9:23 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to stop by real quick so say that I've just merged two Christmas Wonderland Forums together and more Christmas Wonderland reviews can be found here.

Please be sure to check them out and a very happy holiday season to all!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by j_mshields on Dec 23, 10 12:06 PM
I downloaded the trial version and am glad I didn't buy the full version.This game keeps freezing my computer. I can't even get past the first search.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Dec 23, 10 12:44 PM
Merry Christmas everyone ! May Santa bring you what you wish for and may BFG bring us some good, good loooooonng games to play!!

Joy

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 23, 10 12:51 PM
Fun game for children. Easy to find items, no pressure and colorful. Children will love it. As to the short gaming time, we are judging it on an adult level. It will take the young ones longer to solve the puzzles and find the items. Should keep them entertained for hours.
Merry Christmas to all the fishes out there both big and small and everything in between.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 23, 10 1:17 PM
Cute game for those with children. I'd say for children 6 to 12. My 7 year old grandson really enjoyed it. I got bored with it after about 15 minutes straight hidden object games do nothing for me. He took over and was disappointed it ended. I guess I'll get it for him. Who knows my taste in games changes, maybe one day I'll want to sit down and play it through as well.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 23, 10 2:11 PM
I put my comment somewhere else, so I'll move it here.

I don't know how I feel about this game. If it wasn't Christmas themed, I'd probably hate it. It's straight HOG -- no interactive bits. The graphics are pretty decent, although somewhat photo-realistic, which I don't like. I DO like that the "Twelve Days of Christmas" is a main component of the story. You have to find all of the items that are described in the story. However, they sort of sparkle while you're looking for things on the HOG screens, so they're way too easy to spot. The mini-games are blah, and nothing we haven't seen before: Spot the Difference, Slider Puzzles, Figure out a Lock. You can skip all of them if you'd like. Hints recharge very quickly. I also feel like at the rate I'm collecting the "Twelve Days" items, this game will be pretty short.

Edit to add: I hate that "Good Job!" thing that pops up after you finish a level. It's only there for a few seconds, but it just sort of lingers in your face. I just want to keep playing, not stare at that! LoL

It's cute for a Christmas game and seems well put together. However, I'm not sure I'd spend the $6.99. If it was a Daily Deal? Sure.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 23, 10 2:28 PM
A good game for the YOUNG AT HEART.. MERRY CHRISTMAS..

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 2:29:11 PM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 23, 10 2:33 PM
This a very cute game, good timing bringing this one out right before Christmas. Good job BFG.

[Post New]by hineycream on Dec 23, 10 2:51 PM
Great game for entire family, which is not something you can say very often. No blood, ghosts, or mean people....nice while kids are on break!!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 23, 10 3:22 PM
I'm glad to see a Christmas HOG game that's not dark and dreary. Don't get me wrong I do have plenty of the dark and dreary HOG's but it is good to see a Christmaslike HOG...that's not too syrupy sweet like Holly. I'd like to see a Christmas HOG game that's not dark and dreary and that's also just a tad more adult like. This is good though it is Christmassy and I do like that. I have to agree that I do not like the "GOOD JOB" thing that lingers for a few seconds, LOL! It is kind of annoying, LOL! I'd like to get it but things are a bit tight right now so we'll have to see. Overall I did enjoy it.

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 3:45:13 PM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 23, 10 9:27 PM
This big kid really enjoyed the demo. I found the graphics to be very endearing and charming and the music was perfect. However, not sure I would have bought it anyway but after reading the comments about the shortness of the game, its a no buy for me.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 24, 10 12:01 AM
Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year, but this is seriously not for me.

[Post New]by PamsEldorado on Dec 24, 10 5:47 AM
Cute game, but way tooooooo short for the full price of the game. Perhaps BF could offer a percentage off on these short games; it would certainly pay off in the long run. I finally wised up and started reading reviews before buying the games. I have about 25 that I will probably never play again and it gets expensive after awhile. I'm happy with most of the games and appreciate BF for trying its best to bring us the best to us gamers.

[Post New]by rivararos on Dec 24, 10 7:34 AM
This game is way too short. Fun but not a value for your money, that's for sure.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 24, 10 12:03 PM
What No Christmas Sale??? LOLOLOL

Will stick to the demo and get a "free" hour of fun but thats it for this one.

Happy Happy Christmas and a Bright New Year to all you Fishies!

Kizmit
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by Kizmit on Dec 24, 10 5:52 PM
Even though this is a short game it does have some replay value.
The hidden object items don't change a whole lot but they do change.
And who doesn't love those 'Lords a Leaping'? LOL!
Merry Christmas from Kizmit!!

Coronanana
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Coronanana on Dec 24, 10 6:54 PM
Cute game for kids and the kid at heart. Is it me or does Santa look like Charleton Heston?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Dec 24, 10 10:13 PM
Excellent surprise for when my grandaughter is tired of her presents today.
Merry Christmas all my fishie friends!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 25, 10 9:09 AM
I love this game (love games with a Christmas theme), and bought it. I love the graphics, and yes, the game is easy, but I don´t mind in this case.

I absolutely adore the fact that "The 12 Days of Christmas" were added in the search. What a charming idea.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Dec 25, 10 11:29 AM
This game was just okay to me. Mostly, these kind of older looking HOG's just don't have great appeal to me and I've a backlog of them that I haven't played yet. If this one didn't have a Christmas theme, I'd never have demoed it.

I agree the "12 Days of Christmas" addition was nice, this game is full of Christmas cheer, but since they glow in every scene, it adds nothing to the gameplay. I think this game would've been greatly improved by the addition of a more challenging mode of play option.

As far as Christmas HOG's go, I'd rank it third behind Holly: A Christmas Tale and Christmasville. Older but much superior games imho. This game does have a great Christmas feel to it and it's worth at least a demo for that.

Go to: