Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by Marg2 on Dec 18, 10 2:31 AM
This looked like an enjoyable game. The cursor started out sluggish and then got better but turned sluggish again at every change of scenery. Then the game just froze. Hitting Ctrl, Alt, Del made it stutter a couple of times until finally there was no response from the game and I had to shut the computer down. Not a good way to exit a game. Conclusion - not a game my aging computer can handle. And a word to some of the unhappy fishies out there - please don't blame BF if a particular game does not work for you. It's not their fault that your computer is not up to the task, whatever the reason.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 18, 10 4:23 AM
HAve there been any other fixes besides updating adobe and windows ; uninstalland and reinstalling for the error EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER? THis is pretty frustrating and frankly........I bought this feeling pretty excited.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 18, 10 4:26 AM
My computor is updated and not that old. I have had no problems with the 300+ games that I have been buying from BFG since 2007. The last three months I have had similar problems with game glitches experienced by many gamers on this site. I bought Mystery of Mortlake Manor without trying it and that was a mistake on my part. After checking for game compatibility, calling on my computor tech guy and reavulating my programs, I decided to go to the developer's site and try my luck there. I have all of their other games and love them. However I had the same problem on their site; this game does not activate on my computor. This leaves me with only one conclusion that the game is not compatible to some types of computor. SO I have to ask myself, will this be a continunous problem?. Do I have to invest in a new computor? the only four games that I have had big problems were: Samantha Swift, Safecracker, Twisted Lands and this. I suppose it is silly for me to complain about this issue and I am not "fishing" for a refund. BFG has been my constant companion during the evenings after a long day at work. After everyone has retired in my household, I have my "me time" when I can be alone and enjoy myself with my games. I guess I am dissapointed because this month has been a dry spell and for the last two months, we have seen games with glitches. Also I am beginning to see a pattern that lately the good games are now becoming CEs which takes a toll on the wallet. I was really looking forward to playing this and now realise that I have no choice but to request a refund. However I am still waiting to hear from Tech service about the compatibility issue of this game. I need to know so I can decide whether its time to chuck out my computor and save my pennies for new hardware which means that I have to cut down on buying games completely. I still believe that it is not the fault of the compuotr but that this game has been built for a specific type of computor which is unfortunate. Thanks for listening and a good week-end to all.

sular
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sular on Dec 18, 10 7:54 AM
i just downloaded this game but i could not open it. it does not open. i try to open it in everyway. so what should i do BFG?

kryzda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kryzda on Dec 18, 10 8:28 AM
I don't if anyone has expirienced this, but I have installed and uninstalled that game, but still have the same problem.....

When I get to the second floor and want to het the ( something from the desk in the hall upstairs ) to open the double doors. My problem is that when I try to click on the desk the game crashes and closes. I have contacted customer support and I still have the same problem.

Can anyone help.

Thank yo so much

Maggie

[Post New]by sylvia9999 on Dec 18, 10 10:02 AM
I was having same problems as others in this forum were. Screen going blank, game just stopping, etc.

I deleted the game. Then I did housekeeping on my system. I reinstalled the game and it remembered where I left off. So far no problems (keeping fingers crossed). Looks like a good game.

[Post New]by corvogrigio on Dec 18, 10 10:52 AM
Yesterday I bought and played with no problems.
Today I wanted to continue but as soon the intro finish the game close !
I reinstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled again.
Nothing to do: after the intro, continue to close.
All the other games works perfect on my computer Win XP.
Please don't tell always that is some error of the computer.
I already tested. Is the game that must have some bugs

And now what can I do?

[Post New]by Netterz on Dec 18, 10 3:52 PM
I am running a brand new HP Windows 7, with all the latest and greatest, updated drivers and software, so I can already rule that out.

There is NO control over the mouse. It has a terrible drag, slides way passed where you want it to stop, and is no possible way that you could play an adventure hidden object game with this the way it is now. I am re-installing it, but if it doesnt work on the re-install, I will ask for a refund. I too have been excitedly buying up all the new releases and have had trouble with 3 out of 5 of them. Maybe they are just rying to crank them out too fast, I dont know, but havent had these troubles before, and have been a long time customer and always have had good luck til now.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Dec 18, 10 4:09 PM
kris_cross48 wrote:HAve there been any other fixes besides updating adobe and windows ; uninstalland and reinstalling for the error EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER? THis is pretty frustrating and frankly........I bought this feeling pretty excited.

I get the same error. Playrix couldn't fix it and I guess neither can BFG. I've done all the requested chores also. Still won't open. I also get an error about .NET Framework, I installed that. Still get the errors.

Hopefully, someone can help us.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Dec 18, 10 4:10 PM
i am very disappointed...uploaded the demo...and probably would have bought this game owing to the good reviews...but i get to the loading screen..and no further..and puts me back to the game manager screen...i have never had trouble before,,so do not think it is my pc at fault...please help as i would love to play this game

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Dec 18, 10 5:24 PM
[i][u]The trial worked fine. As soon as I bought it it fell apart. We need to get rid of the fancy cursor. I don,t like to have to shut my computer down to exit a game. I have never had to use control ,alt escape to get thru a game. I spent more time waiting on the computer than on the game . I liked the game but we need a fix on this, but not one with a virus in it. The last 2 I updated had a virus pop up in it. Thank god for the stop program.

emwenz
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by emwenz on Dec 18, 10 5:27 PM
I too have had the same problem about the game not being able to load...either from BF or from Playrix. I was using windows XP, switched to another machine with windows 7 and the game does play FWIW. Cursor a bit draggy. Interesting problem.. the game is gorgeous when it does play. Don't make yourself crazy with multiple installation/uninstall, finding or downloading "missing .dll files" or updating registry..these tactics didn't work for me and probably won't for you. Let the game cool off a bit and I know the developers will come around to a fix. Curious if the game will work with Linux as some of the files appear to be a "Linux backup".

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Dec 18, 10 8:14 PM
Seems like I'm having the same problem as just about everyone else, and I have bunches of BF games & others installed & generally don't have any where near these problems. The game took forever to load (I actually went upstairs, took care of business, flipped around the TV channels & poured myself a soda & it was still loading). Then the Big Fish Logo came on, Hi Felix!, then it loaded w/the status bar across the screen, did a lot of herky jerky stuff through some screens, some guy that looked like the bad guy from Lord of the Rings came on, then it froze up completely. Ctl-Alt-Del cleared it out, but I just uninstalled it instead of messing w/it any more. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, & I think I've had my fill of eerie mansions for a while (Ravenhearst not included). Maybe I'll check back for a fix later, but for right now, it's on my "Don't Bother" list.

[Post New]by bluesax44 on Dec 19, 10 1:07 AM
I have the same problem after inserting the blue crystal the mini game has not come up what can i do? i have just purchased this game so angry that i cannot play it grrrr

[Post New]by kussbodi0312 on Dec 19, 10 1:38 AM
Third game I've purchased and then been unable to open. Have purchased many games in the past, but in the past few months, both the quality and reliabilty of your products seem to be lacking. Unfortunately for BFG I'm one of those customers that doesn't complain - I taking my business elsewhere and verbally share my experiences with others.

deader
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by deader on Dec 19, 10 5:50 AM
twice I had all the nursery bolts and twice one disappeared when I screwed them in leaving me one short and unable to go on.I want my money back!

5th Ingredient for the 3rd Key???

[Post New]by smilen7474 on Dec 19, 10 6:05 AM
I can't get the little dresser in the nursery to open, I have used the key and it won't open. I can't continue until I get the 5th ingredient for the 3rd key. Do I need to reinstall? Will I lose my progress? HELP PLEASE, I am stuck!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 19, 10 8:35 AM
I firgured out a fix on the EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER. ok, you have to completely uninstall. Go into your hiddden files in explorer and dump anything Mortake Mansion. Go into C drive and do the same. Run all your anti-virals again. Upgrade from microsoft even though you think you already just did it. Now, go into system restore and go back several days and reboot. Once thinkgs are ticking again and several things are now missing that you downloaded (but also you broken files are out of use now)..go back to BFG and reinstall the game and cross your fingers and toes.
IT's a great game!

CJ1171
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CJ1171 on Dec 19, 10 9:24 AM
When I first load the game the graphics come up as big, choppy blocks.

I found a work-around: I go to Options and de-select "Full Screen", once it's windowed the graphics are fine, then I can go back into Option and reselect "Full Screen" and the graphics are fine for the duration until I close the game. I have to do this every time I open the game however.

I generally don't have any issues and just thought I would report this.

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Dec 19, 10 10:10 AM
Another game that does install, I have latest updates and downloads, Up to last few days every game installed. Is it your end that not working properlu

Go to: