Re:Post any Cradle of Rome 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by MsDeeMorning on Dec 25, 10 8:20 PM
My Cradle of Rome 2 moves like a sleepy turtle. I have almost fallen asleep waiting for the next game to start. Has anybody else had this problem? I am up to level 92 and would like to finish sometime this year.

Kennb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Kennb on Dec 26, 10 6:04 AM
When do you start to be able to collect food?? I'm up to level 25 and have yet to the 'food' symbol show up on the game board..

[Post New]by spendermisty on Dec 26, 10 5:39 PM
Merry Christmas.

Finally got my Fisherman.
Level 75 and 8696 food, Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy any way, all I need to get now is all the moves in 20 seconds, can't see that happening as a bit slow on the old mouse.

Have a great New Year every one and enjoy this excellent game.

Happy fishing for me

spendermisty

leapfrogs
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by leapfrogs on Jan 2, 11 8:32 AM
i didn't get my dock worker til after 8000 food units

[Post New]by prazinpatsy1 on Jan 10, 11 11:58 AM
I have played this game under two different names. Both times, after I add the forum, for 50,000 of each resource, a message comes on saying that I have one more thing to comple, to build something about "Jupiter"......

Then the screen goes to the adventure phase. After I complete that screen it goes directly back into another adventure screen and never goes back to the "city" screen with all the things you've built, or have yet to buy. My "blitz" is still locked. I have over 100,000 points on all resources. How do you complete the game? Is mine stuck or do you just need to keep going until you reach a certain score? I am really confused. Could someone please give me some hints about how to get beyond this point. I can't believe the is all there is to the game....

Please help.

Patsy

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Access Violation Fix for Win 7 Uers

[Post New]by Godsinger on Jan 14, 11 2:25 AM
I'm a 25 year technician. Usually this access violation can be fixed by following the proceedure listed below:

1. find the game in the start menu (Start, All Programs, Cradle of Rome 2)
2. Right Click on the game file and choose "open FIle Location"
3. Now, find the .exe files (there will be 2, CradleOfRome2.exe, and kgmltgc.exe) and right click on them one at a time and choose "properties" do the following:

click on the "Compatability" Tab
Check the box labeled "run this program in compatability mode for:"
choose one from the drop down list, usually Windows Vista (Service Pack2) works fine, if not come back to this and try another one (Such as WIndows XP (service Pack2)
Click Apply, OK

You're all set

This works for many of the BigFish Games that won't play in WIndows 7

Good Luck

[Post New]by simom1013 on Jan 16, 11 1:31 PM
I bought the game and I am getting access violation. I open and played the game for 2 hours with Pogo site. So the game does not have any antivirus problems. But with Big Fish the game keeps getting access violation and incompatible issues. Either please look into the game on your site or issue me the credit back.
Thanks SIMOM1013

[Post New]by simom1013 on Jan 29, 11 1:48 PM
I went on line with the help desk followed their directions and downloaded a couple of this that they recommended. Access violation is still showing up not only on this game but several more. THIS IS A BIG FISH PROBLEM WITH THEIR SETUP. I found another game site and was able to download and open the game for 2 hours of playing. I even quit the game 4 times and went back into the game with no problems.
My question is -
same computer -
2 different web game sites -
both downloads with no issues BUT
1 opens and you can play
1 the other access violation comes up and all you can do is delete the game.
Is it the computer or the game site?

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 1:55:55 PM PST

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Feb 16, 11 3:50 AM
I played Blitz mode in one name, no problems. Played in second name attempting to beat the levels reached in first name, again no problems. However, playing in a third name I find that my first name and its scores have disappeared from all three sections completely and the second name has appeared twice under "moderate" (?), disappeared from "hard" though does appear under "easy". I checked back under each name and the same thing happens with the other names - current name and scores are there but not the others, then they disappear when I change to another name. As I enjoy competing against myself I find this very irritating and would like to know how I go about fixing it - if that is at all possible? Tourney mode is fine with the fastest times being whichever of the three names that applied.

[Post New]by RC_Flynn on Feb 26, 11 5:44 PM
Godsinger wrote:Darkening the monitor won't help. the playing grid and the cursor are all bright yellow while the background is perfect. My technical experience tells me its any screen that paints on top of a game screen background, this includes buildings as well.
another point, I dont have this problem on a system running windows 7 32bit mode. I have this problem in the system that has win7 64bit. I haven't tried it on any other systems yet.

The trial version worked just fine on my Win7 32-bit computer, but when I purchased the game and installed the purchased version, the same thing that happened to Godsinger happened to me. I noticed that switching windows mode (Alt+Enter) temporarily fixes the problem, but as soon as play is made or other animation shows up (like the "hint" icon), the bright yellow color reappears. The problem also occurs after you purchase land. I noticed a distinct repetitive timing of the colors turning from super bright to normal.

The trial version was really good, but if the full version is this messed up, I want my money back!

RC Flynn

[Post New]by simom1013 on Mar 12, 11 6:44 PM
rcuber wrote:I got an error message when I try to play the game:
Access violation at =x7C80B2F0 (tried to write to 0x00030ESC), program terminated.
How can I solve this problem?

[Post New]by grandsterjan on Mar 31, 11 1:05 PM
My game runs just fine until I get up to unlocking the tourney level then it gets very very slow. I have tried reinstalling and cleaning out older games to give me more memory, then I bought a bigger RAM chip and it still does it. I am clueless. I like the game, but I don't play it very often anymore.

[Post New]by creationist on Apr 21, 11 4:41 AM
spendermisty wrote:thank you LizzieK for your reply, But there does appear to be a problem with the port citizen , as I have had no other problems with other level citizens so far and yes my port is built and I started with 0 food and got well over 5000 food on at least 6 levels since.. At least I'm glad some other users are having the same problem, not something that I wasn't doing, must be a glinch. still hasn't stopped me enjoying the game thou.

regards spendermisty

I had this same problem, but eventually it gave me the citizen, way down the line and after meeting the criteria numerous times. I'm also having problems in the blitz and tourneys - not being properly credited. But it's such a fun game, I still feel like I've got my money's worth.

[Post New]by issacsbabe on May 18, 11 2:34 PM
Please can anyone tell me how to get through Level 12 on the Extras. I have tried the superbomb as suggested but still no luck with the last 2 ice blocks and none of the other tools appear to work either !

[Post New]by MegDan on May 28, 11 9:24 AM
I'm working on a Mac and cannot get the puzzle pieces to rotate. I tried holding down the control key, which usually works on other games.

Anybody have any ideas?

ankh7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ankh7 on Jul 29, 11 8:53 PM
I have played cradle of Rome 2 for an hour with 100,000 pts...no resources ever come up on the board can only match leaves etc and only get gold so i can't move to the next step

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 11 9:24 PM
Welcome to the pond, ankh7

In between boards you need to click on the button(s) that say "Get Plan" near the bottom of the screen and solve the minigame puzzle that comes up. Then those buttons should change to "Buy" so that you can buy the building connected with that plan. This will unlock the resources and powerups. The "Get Plan" button for each building won't light up until you have earned enough resources for that plan, but the first plan/building only requires something like 500 in gold if I remember it correctly. Hope that helps.

ankh7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ankh7 on Jul 30, 11 9:24 AM
There are NO resources on the board to get just keep getting leaves and no food or logs or anything...the get plan thing worked for the first because you only needed gold...now get plan does not come up because I have ONLY gold (100,000) and no resources
HELP

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 30, 11 6:01 PM
Hm, not sure why it's doing that for you. It sounds like your game files might be corrupted somehow and uninstalling/reinstalling the game might fix it assuming that other programs on your computer aren't blocking some of the game files from installing correctly. If you bought it here at BF I'd try clicking on the green envelope to the right of the forums screen.

[Post New]by ohshucks on Sep 5, 12 5:32 PM
is the speed of a game, a technical issue

Go to: