Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by MRSBUCHANAN on Dec 20, 10 6:06 AM
I had to comment on this game....I just got out of the hospital ...I won't go back to work until after Jan 1st...(Teacher's assistant)...I looked on Big fish and said Hey!..I'm Buying this game!...imagine my disappointment!!%$#&...ILK!..I had purchased the "same" game last Dec...apparently

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 20, 10 6:22 AM
Just a very short comment about this game: When it first came out I didn't buy it because it wouldn't scale to my 23'' screen; about a third of the pic was cut off to the left and the right. I thought I'd give this version a chance - only to realise that this scaling problem still hasn't been fixed.

So again, no buy.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 21, 10 11:57 AM
I hadn`t technical problems through my trial time. Its very similar to the main game "Great Adventures - Lost in Mountains". Funny, litte game to play on snowing day, but in my opinion not really worth the full price. But I would probably buy it as a Daily Deal.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 21, 10 1:28 PM
Well, I'm not at all sorry that I paid $6.99 for it. It was a blast to play.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Comments and reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 22, 10 2:19 PM
soblessed57 wrote:Well, I'm not at all sorry that I paid $6.99 for it. It was a blast to play.

Hey so blessed57 - How long did it last?

Soo Sorry I just looked back at the first page and saw you already answered me!! LOL thanks so much!

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 2:24:46 PM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Comments and reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 23, 10 5:45 PM
Leanda1 wrote:
soblessed57 wrote:Well, I'm not at all sorry that I paid $6.99 for it. It was a blast to play.

Hey so blessed57 - How long did it last?

Soo Sorry I just looked back at the first page and saw you already answered me!! LOL thanks so much!

Oh you are most welcome. I'm sure we will be replaying this one pretty often.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 23, 10 9:12 PM
I, too, was hoping this was a new release. If you've already got it, don't bother with this one because it's the same exact game. If you don't, by all means give it a roll. It's a pretty good little beginner-level or casual-level adventure game. It already had a snowed-in theme, so the Christmas port was very easy and required no great amount of change to any of the gameplay itself.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 23, 10 9:21 PM
Damn! That will teach me for buying a game without checking the review section out! I already have the first game and since I enjoyed it so much, clicked buy before reviewing.

Has anyone been sucessful in getting a refund?

[Post New]by Ultrac97 on Dec 25, 10 9:30 PM
How long does this game last? I played the 1 hour free trial and really enjoyed it but I seemed to move very quickly through the game. I was already past the bookcase puzzle in the library. How much more game is there? Thanks for the reply.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 26, 10 3:44 PM
Having never played the previous version it was all new. Without hints I could never have finished it as the logic behind several tasks eluded me . Other than that I enjoyed playing an adventure game with no glitches at all.

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Dec 27, 10 1:28 PM
I never played the first game. I thought this one was very cool--visually pleasing and fun. The only problem I have with it is that it is too short--I really want more. I can't say exactly how long it took to play because I had too many distractions that took me away from the game (toddler), but perhaps it could only take a couple of hours when you use hints to get you past the hard parts?

For some reason I couldn't figure out how to use the elf/etc thingies and helium balloons until after I finished the game. Is it worth playing again to do this? Do you get anything extra for finding and applying all the objects? I also had an extra gear I'm not sure what I was suppose to do with...

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Dec 27, 10 11:06 PM
I have never played this game before, bought it for full price, wish I'd bought it on Christmas day for $4.99 because its SO incredibly short. Definitely a 3 to 4 hour (ish) game as someone else posted, including demo time. The Christmas part of it seems like a total afterthought, but the graphics are super cute and its fun even though its extremely easy.

I would have really liked some kind of trophy aspect to make it more challenging and last longer, also some kind of acknowledgement on how far along on collections you are, or when you're complete with the collecting. The ending was really anticlimactic also.

Is it worth buying after the demo? If you will be okay with only another 2 hours of gameplay, then I'd say it is definitely worth it. If not, save your money and wait for a $2.99 sale.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 28, 10 5:43 AM
Leemo wrote:Having never played the previous version it was all new. Without hints I could never have finished it as the logic behind several tasks eluded me . Other than that I enjoyed playing an adventure game with no glitches at all.

You might also enjoy another fun and cute Adventure~ 'Royal Trouble' check it out.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 30, 10 10:28 PM
i thought i might bail on this one at first, but decided to give it the ol' college try... i recently began to enjoy games like this one [ farm tribe , little folk of faerie ] whereas i wasn't such a fan when the earlier edition of this game came out...

as one might expect, i am very pleased that i have come upon it at this point in time...

i like that the immediate goals are laid out and rather simple to accomplish... it's all about the SMART goals!! and the christmas mood makes it cheery and bright, despite the missing prof... the inventory is always clearly displayed and hints are quick to earn... and the characters are just too cute

what a fun holiday game!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jan 1, 11 5:07 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
Gieyo wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:...

No they are the only differences that I have come across so far apart from the puzzles where you click on letters to spell the answers and they must be randomly generated or new because the questions I got are not the same as the ones in the walkthrough for Lost in the Mountains as I just checked it for you.

It is such a good game, I wish they had taken the trouble to do a proper sequel.

Thanks for the info. I would have loved a sequel too
Gieyo

[Post New]by adrianantp on Jan 26, 11 12:28 PM
The hidden cache is in the room where the fish pond and the lanterns are. It's a puzzle on the wall where the door is. You need to place the shell you've collected and solve the puzzle to get the smart card. Good luck!

easybake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Great Adventures: Xmas Edition

[Post New]by easybake on Feb 18, 11 1:07 PM
Gieyo wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:...

No they are the only differences that I have come across so far apart from the puzzles where you click on letters to spell the answers and they must be randomly generated or new because the questions I got are not the same as the ones in the walkthrough for Lost in the Mountains as I just checked it for you.

It is such a good game, I wish they had taken the trouble to do a proper sequel.

Thanks for the info. I would have loved a sequel too
Gieyo

Was meaning to post about this when I bought it. I forgot, but remembered today while I was reinstalling some games.

I should have read the posts first about this "sequel". I liked Lost in the Mountains, and I do like the Christmas edition.. too bad that it's pretty much a carbon copy (as it has been said in posts before mine). I don't believe I have much else to say about it, I just felt really compelled to post my disappointment.. (which seems to be the case whenever I do feel compelled to post, haha!)

In short, I concur with the quoted posts

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 2, 11 9:30 AM
I asked Customer Support if I could have a game credit as this is the same game as the other Great Adventures game only with a Xmas theme. They agreed and a received a free game coupon by email.

Thanks BFG.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 12, 13 7:55 AM
If you have the other great adventures game then it is a LOT alike but if you really loved it and wanted more then I recommend this to you or if you haven't played the other game.

It's a cute sims meets adventure task game by the developers of lost souls:enchanted paintings. I know I got at least 3 hrs out of it as I don't like to use the hints (but still used some) and I got all the achievements. The achievements are just different things you collect throughout the game, the butterflies and ladybugs fill up the greenhouse and the bones for the dog is your limited hints. Every 5 bones you get a hint and they are limited so don't use them too often. You can view your trophies at upper left corner.

In the demo you find that you can only see rooms once you unlock them and that's what you do throughout the game. By various means unlock doors and areas searching in each to find everything you need.

You can decorate the christmas tree and outside. There are two playable characters that you switch between and if you find one can't do something try clicking on the other. Just click and drag them to where you want them and then click on the item you want them to use.

There are a handful of minigames (6 ?), but it does have a skip button on it if you are stuck but it is very slow to fill.

There is an objective button which you can hide, along with a combine button but you can just click and drag items in the inventory to combine them.

I do find you have to scour each new area as it's hard to get all the bones and extras and can easily overlook things to interact with. Look through windows to make sure you get everything.

I just love these games as it's like the sims but with more task objectives. I like that concept and love that it's different, although it is very much like the first game.

A cute, not too hard - filler game, something to use a coupon on.

Edited on 01/12/2013 at 7:57:37 AM PST

Go to: