Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Dec 21, 10 8:38 AM
I've played 30 minutes and I will be buying this one. Fortunately, today is the day I get a new credit. Just waiting for it to arrive.

I like how now the workers can stay at the storehouse and go out from there. I also like having the choice to use relaxed if I want. I actually prefer timed because I enjoy the strategy of how to get expert. Like choosing if it is better to build the extra worker first or the lumber yard. In the last game I almost always finished before the time expired. After I went through the story, I went back and got expert on all the ones I missed. Even though I like the timers in these games, if ever a level is so hard I can't finish it to advance the story, I'm glad the relaxed choice is there just in case. I've had games I couldn't finish because of one level and that's no fun.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Dec 21, 10 8:44 AM
Loved the first one and I have a credit sooooo number two in the new year

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 21, 10 2:15 PM
Great tm/strategy-game! I like especially that this game has a no-timed option. A buy for me

Edited on 12/21/2010 at 2:16:17 PM PST

Whitenurse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Whitenurse on Dec 21, 10 6:43 PM
Well, I had finish this game last night and really enjoyed it, it was great to play the game in relax mode as you got to watch the little men do things like watch them wiggle over the type rope and clean up around the area, I like chopping down all the dead trees and just having a good look around, no use having a wide screen monitor if you have to rush a game. The game was clear and wonderful.

Now I hope the devs will go back and put a relax mode on the first Road to Rome as I only got to level 21 there and is still stuck, I just need a few more seconds to get off but never do.
I hope there will be a new one soon.
Merry Christmas everyone.
regards,
Kaz
Down Under Oz

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 21, 10 7:10 PM
Cool! Cute characters with new and interesting tasks to do.

Just one point I don't like about the Graphics - Fishermen's hut should be producing FISH, NOT HAMS! How hard could it be to put in a Fish Graphic anyway? They just couldn't be bothered ... and I think that's Lazy.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 21, 10 8:11 PM
Are you kidding me... hams, fish, bologna, steak, mac and cheese, who cares about that. The people who developed this game was far from lazy.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!!

[Post New]by ebec on Dec 22, 10 3:49 AM
My hat goes off to some kind a "Wonderful Developers"!! You heard what we were saying and you responded! Thank You, Thank You!! I'm crazy about the TM games but I hate the timers. I'm older, so just could not make my hands work fast enough. Besides I've spent 35 years taking care of a home - hurry, hurry! raising 3 kids - hurry, hurry! punching a time clock ( a nurse working labor & delivery) - you better believe, hurry, hurry! Besides, I've wondered why on earth the devs did not always include a "relaxed mode" on these games. They have absolutely nothing to lose (the people who love the timer have what they want.) Everything to gain (for the people who cannot or just do not want the timers) The devs stand to make a lot more money by appealing to both groups. Again - THANK YOU!!!!!

[Post New]by satindarlin on Dec 22, 10 1:59 PM
Really loved this game. Lots of new features that were weak on the original version. I went through whole game in relaxed mode and then timed. I managed to get all expert except for Level 9 & 10 on the fourth area. Anyone know how to get expert on these I would be very grateful. Played it over and over and still timer runs out on for expert. So fustrating!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 22, 10 10:58 PM
delete please

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 11:01:25 PM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 22, 10 10:59 PM
Wonderful game, this type of game, including MKFTP is now my all time favourite. Relaxed mode included as well, so I can finish the last couple of levels for a change!

Hats off to the developers as there wasn't one single glitch!!

[Post New]by mickeykris on Dec 23, 10 8:33 AM
I love the game, but am having an issue with the first level on the water god. There is not enough gold to get through the level. I have tried multiple ways of doing the level too. I even counted the mines to spending ratio, I am 3 gold from being able to finish...it's sort of crazy. Should I just delete it and reinstall? Seems like no one else is having this problem. Could there be a patch?

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 8:35:02 AM PST

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 23, 10 10:57 AM
I love this strategy and time management game, it's a lot of fun! I'm so glad that there is a relaxed mode. I haven't tried the first Roads of Rome, however since Roads of Rome II has an untimed mode I plan on getting it.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Dec 24, 10 8:20 AM
Awesome game. Not the most challenging but VERY VERY entertaining. The ropes, ladders, new tasks etc are all amazing!! The BEST feature is allowing to stay in storehouse. That's a big plus from the last one. Finished the game with expert in few hours. My only complain is it ended so quick

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 24, 10 5:31 PM
Well I've made it to level 34 and I just have to repeat 5 levels to get expert, so far. I feel like I don't have time to breath on some of these levels, wow. I love the game though, it's fun and very cute. I'll check back once I've completed the entire game to let you know how I did.

[Post New]by Ultrac97 on Dec 24, 10 7:23 PM
I really liked Roads of Rome 2, there are a few improvements over the 1st game. I like that the workers can now use the storehouse as their 2nd home, and the addition of the teleporters and submarines/tightrope added fun to the mix. I bought this and beat it in 4 days, got all expert. I hope you will make a RoR 3 and add more levels, make it 50 levels! Thank you.

sm22281
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sm22281 on Dec 25, 10 12:28 AM
Yay! Like many of you said, this was pretty much a series of chores to do on a relaxed timer, and it feeds something in our ordered soul, I think, without the frantic pace of beating the clock as an additional pressure! yes, I played all 40 levels in one sitting myself, and fell asleep with the knowledge that i did a good deed for the day, ha, ha! Sometimes, we need a game like that to top it off. The feeling that one has crossed t's and dotted i's so to speak.

[Post New]by karaff on Dec 26, 10 5:18 PM
Need Help

Stuck on Episode 2 level 2, don't have enough gold to complete level. Have I missed something?????

By the way love the game so far.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 5:21:44 PM PST

sas65
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by sas65 on Dec 26, 10 6:44 PM
love the relaxed mode feature. So many times, i buy a game and cannot finish it because it becomes too dificult for me. I love the fact that this game has a relaxed mode and I have been able to play this game and really enjoy it. Im not finished with it yet, but its really enjoyable and not so frustrating for me.

Thank you Big Fish for listening to those of us who wanted a relaxed mode.

And if later I decide I want to be frustrated, (LOL) I can always turn on the challenge mode.

I love Big Fish

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 28, 10 3:43 AM
I'm not a fan of this genre but when I read there was an untimed option, I gave it a try. Holy moly, it turned into some strange kind of mind control, I ended up playing an hour past my bedtime, losing track of my surroundings entirely. Cue Rod Serling!

Fun game.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 29, 10 2:10 PM
hannah57 wrote:Are you kidding me... hams, fish, bologna, steak, mac and cheese, who cares about that. The people who developed this game was far from lazy.

You think a Fishermen's hut producing HAMS is not careless graphics??? You obviously don't care much for the game.

Go to: