Zariajewel
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Roads of Rome II technical issues here only

[Post New]by Zariajewel on Dec 28, 10 2:33 AM
Hey, I'm not sure if this will solve your problems, but ever since I started using Google Chrome to download games from this site I haven't had any issues with the access violation messages.

Uninstall your games then reinstall using the Google chrome instead of Internet Explorer as your browser. Try it!

sonbanon
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by sonbanon on Dec 29, 10 10:00 AM
I just emailed customer support about this but thought I'd also post in the forum in case any others are having this issue.

Roads of Rome II demo worked fine on my computer. As soon as I bought the full game, however, it began lagging to the point that I could not play it.

I updated my video drivers.

I updated Flash and Shockwave.

I followed all instructions on BFG's site.

Nothing solved the lag. And now, other BFG games are lagging too. (However, all my other games work just fine.)

Anyone else having an issue similar to this?

BFG has always been responsive to my emails before and I'm sure won't let me down this time either so I'll let you know what they have to say!

EDITED TO ADD: I am using Vista.

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 10:00:48 AM PST

Graphics Disappearing

[Post New]by squarebie on Dec 29, 10 6:29 PM
I am having issues with the graphics disappearing. For example, when I click on a tree, the road disappears as well as all the trees.
I updated shockwave and direct x to no avail. Any ideas on what it could be? I do not receive any error messages nor have any issues with the original.

[Post New]by Kelsy19 on Dec 31, 10 2:46 AM
I bought this game last night and am really enjoying it. However, the loading screen takes a while, so 20 minutes ago when I needed to send an email, I exited full screen mode instead of quitting the game entirely. Now I can't play the game. The buttons at the top of the screen (like Options so I can go back to full screen) aren't shown on my display, and when I try to click the Start button at the bottom, my mouse cursor goes off the game and onto the normal desktop...so I can't click the Start button.

I am running Windows 7 on an Acer netbook (since my Dell crashed a couple days ago) with a 10.1" screen. I hope the screen size isn't an issue here.

Is it possible to move the windowed version of the game?

EDIT: Figured it out. I used the "Cascade windows" option that pops up when you right-click the Windows taskbar. But I won't delete post in case someone else has the same situation

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 3:05:41 AM PST

[Post New]by laurettafife on Jan 1, 11 8:06 PM
I am having difficulty finishing the first level of level two. I do not have enough gold to finish the level so I can move on. I have tried it several times and there is not enough to pay the barbarian and remove all the rubble on the road.I would appreciate a solution to this problem.

[Post New]by Tomahawk56 on Jan 1, 11 11:19 PM
When playing level 2-1 I do not get enough gold to complete the level as it requires 50 coins in total and starting with 11 there is only an additional 32 available for me to collect in the level. Did I miss something? I have gone through the level a number of times

ejlloyd28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ejlloyd28 on Jan 3, 11 2:20 AM
tinam23 wrote:I went to the help section and found the link for access violation errors. I updated my directX, closed my antivirus application's & re-installed the game (my sound card was updated a week ago)...Still getting the error. Oh if only someone was working at BFG's...guess I'll go play faunasphere.

I have uninstalled everything several times after buying the game and have not been able to play it at all- come on BF sort it out. I keep getting access violation errors and everything is uptodate on my PC!!!! Fed up now!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 3, 11 3:43 PM
Hi Fishies,

We have a new version of Roads of Rome II available now that addresses issues with the game crashing.

To get the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game and be sure to start from the beginning with a new player profile. For more information please see this thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Roads of Rome II! January 3, 2011

Since we have a new version out now I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but please feel free to post any outstanding concerns in our new tech thread, which can be found here.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Go to: