KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Dec 22, 10 4:21 PM
As soon as I saw this was a Spintop game, I knew I would be using a credit to purchase it. This is a really nice game, when you don't want to think too hard about what to do next. The scenery is beautiful, the hidden objects are just the right difficulty to find--no teeny tiny objects and things hidden in the dark. I like the easy mini-games, the fast-click bonus, the riddles for clues, and looking for the shells in each scene.
I started playing it Timed, by mistake, but find the time is generous enough and there is a time bonus for completing each section before your time is up--so I think I will continue playing it timed.
A nice straight HOG, for when you just want to play for an hour or so, and when you go back to the game, you don't have to wrack your brain to remember where you left off.

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Dec 22, 10 5:48 PM
I have to say, I reallly liked this game, the clues are humorous, the scenes are bright and cheerful, the music is kind of annoying, but at least isn't spooky hallowe'en type. I didn't have to strain my eyes or brain trying to figure out what came next or where that last item is. A definate must buy in my books
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 22, 10 5:56 PM
slotfish wrote:Good game but where is the raven????LOL

Thats what was missing in this game.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Dec 22, 10 11:44 PM
I agree with all the positives, bright cheery music, graphics good, and hint refills very quickly. Good game to relax and have some fun. Enjoy.

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Dec 23, 10 12:12 AM
Great game, been waiting for it and as soon as i saw it i bought it. Didn't have to play demo knew it was going to be good. Merry Christmas BFG and to all fishies out there enjoy and happy gaming, now waiting for Awakening Moonfell Wood !!!!!!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 23, 10 4:43 AM
Very straight forward game play, easy to follow, crisp graphics, exactly what I'd expect from SpinTop. Hubby will be thrilled since this is exactly the style of H0G he enjoy's. Maybe if he's a good boy Santa wife will gift the game to him.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 23, 10 12:59 PM
I love love love this game. It reminds me of Luxor Adventures which was also a lot of fun. I'm so glad it's a pure hidden object game and not one of those fragmented ones. Definite buy but I'm hoping there's a $4.99 weekend coming soon since I'm broke from all the Christmas shopping. Want to buy Roads of Rome II as well.

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 1:01:45 PM PST

[Post New]by vovgame on Dec 24, 10 7:17 AM
Nice graphics but the game is too easy for me.
I like the heavier hidden objects.
And Merry Christmas for everyone!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 24, 10 1:30 PM
Finally a new - and lovely - look for the series. I will put the demo away for another time.

Would buy now except I have played all these games! For a newcomer, this would be a beautiful introduction to this style game.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Dec 24, 10 10:20 PM
I'm glad that I came here to check the reviews, I almost didn't give this game a chance because the file size was so small which is usually a decent sign of a "simple" game. After what you guys are saying I think I'll be giving it a try.
thanks

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 26, 10 3:56 AM
I quite liked this game, even though it's a standard HOG (prefer IHOGs) as the pictures are nice and clear, music not overpowering, hint recharges quickly, and puzzles easy. A nice blend of easy to find objects and needing to interpret the description. Will definitely buy this game.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 26, 10 8:43 PM
Nice game, but not for me. I like a game that tests your brain. This game put me to sleep. Give me a good mystery with lots of dectective spoofing and I am game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 27, 10 7:04 PM
First chance I have had to play this demo since being gone for the Holidays. I have all of the Amazing Adventure and Big City Adventure games and love them, so this is definitely a buy for me, since it is exactly the same thing. Only played 7 minutes and liked the game. Great graphics, challenging to find some objects and the 3 shells, same games so far, but I don't mind that at all. This is a long game and I really like that. Off to purchase now. Thanks!

Hey, where is Goofyduck?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 27, 10 9:13 PM
Played Demo Only
This is a great pure H0 game with a few jigsaw, tile type puzzles thrown in. I loved it for its simplicity and solid playing performance. The graphics were eye-pleasing and the humorous clues were great instead of just naming items to find. The locales were wonderful to look at this time of year. Many reviewers are right on with the 'no real challenges' but sometimes that's what we enjoy.

Good, solid old school HOG.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Jan 3, 11 10:04 PM
I love this game. It is easy and relaxing and that is the way I like it. I really had to laugh with the comments of Goofyduck77 regarding the difficult IHOGS. I can identify wiith his comments. I hate those games. I like this Vacation Quest especially because it gives information about Hawaii. I live in Australia but have been in Hawaii 3 times for a short holiday and I loved it there.
I have all of the Mystery PI series and late last month I bought Escape Rosecliff Island and Escape Whisper Valley. The last one I have not played yet. Escape Rosecliff is a good game.

Another series I love is the "Big City Adventure" series. I have them all. I have been waiting for ages for a NEW Big City Adventure to come out. I know I would buy it immediately.

Vacation Quest The Hawaiian Islands 1/2 from me

[Post New]by myrainbowseeker on Jan 4, 11 9:33 AM
This is a very simplistic game and not for players who enjoy a challenge. It gets tiresome after you've seen the same scene 3 times or more with basically the same items in it. Puzzles are also very simplistic. Too much like busy work....I am hanging this one up halfway through for the first time ever.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 7, 11 11:36 AM
I have played this game all the way through twice. No technical problems of any kind. I really enjoyed this game. No timer, the music is the soft and not irritating. The objects are fairly easy to find, the hints are plentiful. In fact, you don't have to wait for the hint to recharge, how refreshing is that! This game takes you to several scenes typical for the Hawaiian Islands. The only con I could find is that I would have liked more scenes. Some of the scenes are repeated over and over again. Other than that, it is a perfect game.

[Post New]by mombirdsong on Jan 20, 11 1:55 PM
Another treat from Spin Top! Vacation Quest positively glows with beautiful, colorful scenes and cheery music which I find very satisfying in the dead of winter with slush and ice at my doorstep.
When all I want is to relax, I pay a visit to the Spin Top world, where the most stressful thing I will be called upon to do is "put the candle on the cake".
I wonder if Vacation Quest will be a new series? Hope so!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jan 29, 11 8:26 AM
I just found this game! I didn't know it was Popcap game. I'm used to titles with "Mystery p.i." or "Escape from..." in the titles. This was a surprise, and a pleasant one at that! I LOVE these games. They are so relaxing and enjoyable. They also make me have to think on some of the clues!

This is also a special treat for me as I am headed to the Hawaiian Islands later this year!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 12, 11 5:50 AM
I played this game during a snowy day and found myself enjoying Hawaii --the bright colors, the warm sunshine, the pretty scenery, and the upbeat music! This is a standard HOG with a couple of minigames thrown in. Nothing spectacular, but enjoyable.

Go to: