bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 10, 11 12:23 PM
Hey aperry423,

You might want to check that your Windows 7 computer is completely updated to see if this helps with the games. Here is a help article with that information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You're also welcome to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) for more assistance with your games, especially if these games are compatible with both XP and 7. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by ddranch on May 11, 11 8:27 PM
No problems with the purchased game until I got to the hidden object game at the coal wagon. I found all the objects and then proceeded on with the game When it came time to go back and use an inventory in that area, it shows the hidden object game but all the hidden objects are gone. I can't get to my inventory because of this. Is there a way to bypass this or do I have to start the game all over again?

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Aug 16, 11 3:54 PM
I just had this very issue. after following all of the updates in the help section to no avail, I contacted customer service. There is apparently a "save" file in your user folder that needs to be deleted, then uninstall and reinstall your game. I did have to start all over again, but I just solved the puzzle and the door popped open so I'm pretty happy about that.

Making sure you have your explorer set up to view all files (even the hidden ones), go to your computer - "c:/users/*your user folder name here*/app data/roaming/elefun games/fear for sale" and delete that folder.

it's worth a try for anyone else who comes across this problem, it looks like it happened pretty frequently.

kbdowns wrote:Hi I am having problems when it comes to the circuit board beside the front door. I can seem to access to solve it. It keeps coming up "FATAL ERROR" when I hit the hint button. As I can't move any of the squares to solve it. Then the game freezers and I have to press esc to get out of it. Can you help me please.

[Post New]by Sheleah on Jun 20, 12 6:54 AM
Hi kindred gamer spirits
I am having an issue where you have to place the missing cubes you picked up in the crypt and place them in the door by the piano. everytime i attempt to access the door my inventory will not come up,,,what comes up is the actual list for the hidden object search from earlier in the game. It will not permit me to access it at all,,,which is frustrating as i am almost at the end of the game and cannot proceed any further. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, cleaned laptop completely/cookies/cache/history all to no avail. Anyone know how to get the inventory to come up as it should instead of the previous search list?? Thanx and Cheers!

[Post New]by marigold2012 on Aug 7, 13 1:08 PM
I have high resolution on my 23 inch screen,and otherwise I don't know why this game won't display properly. On the intro screen,I get a wide black bar on the left,and the girl on the right,but the pic is skewed to the right and there are no options to click on to start the game or exit. Any suggestions? I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I downloaded the demo only.

[Post New]by AuntieIsh on Feb 16, 14 11:13 AM
I'm trying to play the bonus round on my iPad. I am unable to click on the mouse in the bottom left corner of the HOS scene in Dr Berk's office (i.e. the closet in girl's room). I looked at the walkthrough and this is one of the mice that I'm supposed to be able to click on, but it just doesn't work. Help please, as I'd like to finish the game.8

Go to: