Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 27, 10 3:01 PM
Fantastic ihog! I have already played the CE, but doesn`t want to pay the CE-price and have waited for the standard version from the game. A definete buy for me

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 27, 10 8:13 PM
Ok so far I have seen people say it will take at least 4 hours, then you (Padres) said it was short! I have looked at the walk through and based upon how far I got during the SE Demo (knowing a good bit of it because of the CE) I think this will be at least a 4 to 5 hour game for me so - A BUY IT IS!! Have been patiently waiting for the SE like so many other fishies. Thanks so much for a good one finally BFG !

padres wrote:Just completed the game. It was tough waiting for it to finally arrive after the CE came out. Exellent game. HOGs were a bit murky at time but just the type game I really like. Definitely seemed as if we were helping to move things along towards a goal. My only real complaint is that it was a bit short for my taste. Anyone else find this? I wish it had gone on for hours and hours more.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Dec 27, 10 9:57 PM
Used last month's punchcard credit & no regrets so far - really engrossed in this game - some of the objects are small and a bit of a challenge but hey if it gets too hard I just use a hint !! Thanks for all your comments Fishies - along with playing the demo I always go to "comments & reviews" before buying and find the "stuff" therein very helpful. Hope you are all enjoying your Xmas holiday and all the best for New Year

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 9:57:58 PM PST

mammadenny
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mammadenny on Dec 28, 10 7:28 PM
I I really enjoyed the game with 2 exceptions, one is the hidden objects were very hard to find and the other is it really needed a map to go from one place to another.
Otherwise, it was definetely worth the money.
Denise

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Dec 28, 10 8:59 PM
I enjoyed this one! For very fast and experienced gamers=may be too easy and tedious? I suggest demo first for those ponders. Was a good long one to pop in and out of the past few days. Since the characters' dialogue had to be read ( I prefer actual talking myself), I didnt listen to the music after the first 5 min.

This one is to each his own likes...
I give it a 3 out of 5

[Post New]by kfhemness on Dec 28, 10 9:25 PM
I found the hogs in this game to be tedious....In what I consider a good game, I might need to use a hint to find a hidden object, but in this game, I've needed to use 2-4 hints to find the objects. In one EARLY scene I had to use a hint for a vegetable which turned out to be a carrot that looked like a tool....

I guess I'd like to see more focus on the mini puzzles than in overzealousness in hiding objects that aren't really needed for game play anyway....

This looks to be a long game due to the ridiculous hogs and I'm still on the outside of the house....The creators went out of their way to make the caretaker obnoxious...I've tried several times to use a hammer on him....it isn't allowed....sigh.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Dec 29, 10 6:00 PM
I just finished this game and enjoyed it very much. I liked all the HOG plays, the puzzles were not the kind that makes me want to pull my hair out or holler for my husband to come solve...LOL In fact...I realize I really enjoyed this game.

Deb

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 30, 10 11:43 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game - but the ending was very very disappointing.
It was almsot as though the developers lost interest.
What a pity.
Jo

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Dec 30, 10 3:03 PM
The usual complaint about hidden objects hidden in dark, murky places. I usually needed the hint at least once in each HOG area, and sometimes I still couldn't see the object, even when pointed right at it. With the mini-games I found that you really have to check the journal to find out the object of the game. But there was a good variety of mini-games, and they were neither super-easy nor super-hard (at least for me). I get aggravated with a game that uses the same type of mini-game over and over again. That said, I really enjoyed the game. There was more of a story than in many games, the music wasn't too annoying, and everything came together nicely by the end. There was nothing that was so frustratingly difficult as to require a trip to the walk-through, and the length was just about right.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 3:04:27 PM PST

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Jan 3, 11 12:52 AM
I really enjoy playing the game - I brought it 2 days ago and have already played it to the end 3 times! My only real issue with the game, is that the list of items to find in every hidden object scene is the same every time you play it (well, so far it is and I have used three different profiles). Those who find the hidden object scenes too dark may like to try my method - I shut my blinds, turn off the lights and play it in as dark a room as possible (to get a good contrast), if this still does not quite sort the problem I increase the screen brightness. I find that usually the first option fixes any problems I have with a scene being too dark, and if not then add the increase in screen brightness and it works everytime.
In many ways the length of the game (it took about 3 hours last time) is perfect, if you either don't have much time to play or for some other reason cannot play for long (e.g. headache, arthritis, kids, fur kids etc).
The mini games were well explained by the game and not so difficult that they needed skipping, nor were they the kind that requires constant clicking (e.g. the weed mini game in MCF: 13th Skull) - so perfect for most people.
In short, a good game that is just enough of a challenge to keep you interested, but not so much that you get frustrated and give up! I highly recommend that anyone interested in hidden object games try this one!

iou001
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by iou001 on Jan 4, 11 5:01 PM
I give this game a 'Just Ok'. The graphics are fine until you get into the actual hidden object part of the game. They're not as clean and realistic there. And the objects can be difficult to find. I get frustrated when I spend more than 2 minutes to find 1 object. The hint button is fine but would be better if it didn't take so long to refill when you can't find those last 2 objects you've spent 10 minutes looking for. I actually like the scenes you move throughout. There's a lot of them and you can get lost trying to remember where to go. But the challenge is fun traipsing to each one. I would definately recommend this game to patient players.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Jan 6, 11 10:15 AM
Very good game! I really enjoyed playing. The music was pretty creepy, which I really liked. The hidden objects were not that easy to spot. I used hints here and there. The story line was very similar to RTR and that was ok with me. I played over 2 days which was about 6-7 hours. I would absolutely recommend this game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 6, 11 11:39 PM
Already said, in the CE's forum, that the black screens in between scenes was quite annoying. It does get better (shorter) as the game goes on but it's still a bit of a nuisance as it breaks the game's rhythm. Graphics aren't bad, but not that good. Hidden objects not too easy to find. Mini games fairly easy. Story line OK, no real surprise. Turned the sound off, got boring after a while. It's not a bad game but it's not a super one either. Glad I waited for the SE.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 7, 11 6:28 PM
No review - just a comment:

Good game! I enjoyed every minute of play.

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Jan 8, 11 10:56 AM
Loved it! Another creepy, spooky game! I liked the challenge of the HOGs and really appreciated the helpful hint button............turned the music low and it was perfectly creepy! I want more!! Any suggestions?????

[Post New]by chooks21 on Jan 9, 11 1:29 AM
hi i really liked this game,it took me ages but i finlly finished it,good stour line and great grapies,,thanks ,,

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 9, 11 12:10 PM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is HOG, IHOG and adventure. There are some objects that are a little too dark, but nothing is so small that it's nearly invisible. The storyline is well written. A little too spooky for my taste, but well done.

This game is an A-.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jan 9, 11 6:06 PM
I love Spooky! Just finished Phantasmat. Can't get enough of these haunted Manors and hotels. Hope it's worth all the great reviews. Be back shortly.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jan 9, 11 6:14 PM
Really enjoying this so far. Some of the objects are tiny and esp when on a totally blend- in -background then they are hard to find. Liked the hints- just right time w recharge esp for getting directions (otherwise a map would have been a help). Like the graphics too tho the demon doesn't really seem scary or demonic enuf( PG13?) I knew20 mins into the demo this was a buy!

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Jan 10, 11 11:40 AM
Terrific game! Brilliant in every aspect! I would give it the 'Casual Game of 2010' award!

Go to: