SantaBanana
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by SantaBanana on Dec 25, 10 12:45 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
They have left the game ending in a manner that suggests a third game and I would be eagerly awaiting that game release!!

You reached the end of the game in 1 hour and 30 minutes after the game was released? Wow!! You're a fast player!! Other people are reporting that it took them around 5 hours or more. How on earth did you do that!!?? You're superhuman!!

mama51
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood-program termination

[Post New]by mama51 on Dec 25, 10 1:15 PM
I got the same thing. Couldn't play after I got an access violation, program terminated. I tried removing it and redownloading it and it did the same thing.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Dec 25, 10 1:48 PM
Sorry this wasn't for me, I'll pass and save my money for another game

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 25, 10 3:31 PM
Merry Christmas everyone Getting a late start.. at my daughters celebrating Christmas. I have downloaded it and so far I like it. Glad we had a new HOG to play on Christmas..

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Dec 25, 10 3:33 PM
Nice game, not too easy, pretty graphics, not too short.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 25, 10 5:02 PM
Nope .... I wish I had something nice to say about the only game on my wish list this week that was 1/2 way descent .... but even on Christmas it don't cut it ... sorry ..not my cup of tea either ....what a bad wk. for games ..considering the time of yr.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 25, 10 5:16 PM
I gave this game to myself as a Christmas gift and played it pretty much straight through. I loved it thoroughly. Beautiful graphics, calming appropriate music, engaging story, fun puzzles. This game is an all around great game.

I liked the length. Personally, if I'm going to pay money for a game, I want it to last a while without being too frustrating so I can savor the enjoyment. This game exceeded my expectations in this area.

Highly recommend it.

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Dec 25, 10 5:24 PM
debo44 wrote:Does anyone know if this game will play on Windows 7?

It was tested extensively on Win7, Win XP, and Vista - should run fine on any of them.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 25, 10 6:01 PM
Great Game, shame about the puzzles - way too many of them and way to repetitive! Otherwise an interesting Game. Thanks

I bought this with my free Game Credit.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 25, 10 6:05 PM
Mistickel wrote:These Awakening games, this one and the previous one The Dreamless Castle are great games with beautiful scenery, lots of things to do and puzzles that arent too difficult. I absolutely loved the pocket dragon. My only tiff and it' s only one small one is some of the objects are very small.

OMG downloading The Dreamless Castle now. How did I miss that one???? Thank you Mistickel for pointing that out. Yay!

BTW, I love all the puzzles... you need something to break up the adventuring. It's just perfect.

Anyone know why we don't get a full screen?

I rather enjoyed finding 8 candles, mushrooms, etc. It made it different and I enjoy that. That was done in one of the MCF games too.

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 6:11:04 PM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 25, 10 6:08 PM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
debo44 wrote:Does anyone know if this game will play on Windows 7?

It was tested extensively on Win7, Win XP, and Vista - should run fine on any of them.

Yes, I have Windows 7, Home Edition, 32 bit, and it runs perfect.

To BoomZap representative: the concept of the game is stunning, the resolution is crisp and clear, the Adventure part of the game is very very good - but there are too many "swap tiles" and "restore objects". At the end I get tired, and skip many of these mini-games.

Also, it's not a fun to search for x number of one object (20 flowers, 15 spiders, etc). I would prefer more HOG screens, giving me even more than one object at the end (many games are composed so), but keeping the HOG system.

Nevertheless - high game quality! Merry X-mas...

[Post New]by afl4123 on Dec 25, 10 6:08 PM
Can anyone give real hints? How to feed the stupid cat? I to get oil recptacle?

[Post New]by TeriMO on Dec 25, 10 6:13 PM
[b] Merry Christmas to All!

Thank you for the !

As well, I would also like to thank all those fishies who give of their time to write these reviews. I almost always look here first for your recommendations. It is rare if I do not. Like if it is a MCF, I buy them immediately but those are about the only ones. All the others I rely on your words whether I am going to even demo or not.

God bless All,
TeriMO

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 25, 10 7:46 PM
I played the demo, then immediately bought this game. I agree with all the positive comments about graphics, game mechanics and concept. Even on the normal mode, I didn't have to search too hard to find objects, and I prefer the swap tiles puzzles to STDs any day. This is definately a beautiful, well done HOG, and I look forward to the next installment, if one is to be made.

[Post New]by mdt0203 on Dec 25, 10 7:48 PM
I'm tempted to buy after reading all the great reviews and since the first game was so much fun. But I've learned my lesson - I'm off to d/l first.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Dec 25, 10 10:37 PM
Don't get me wrong: I have absolutely no quibble with fairy themes--in fact, a good friend of mine gave me (count 'em) three fairy figurines as a Christmas gift today.

But this struck me as so saccharine...a kind of "Dream Chronicles" wannabe (but not so well done or as engaging) that I just can't bring myself to even finish the demo.

Many games are steeped in fairy tale lore (which I believe is one of the most difficult 'moods' to capture) but this isn't grabbing me. The voices, the tone established from the beginning, the mandates (goals) are not riveting, not strong enough to make me want to play.

Take a game like Drawn: Dark Flight...within 10 minutes I KNEW I was hooked and didn't mind a bit that it was pricier because it was a CE.

For those who just want to play and are not overly concerned with this kind of thing, or overly persnickety (or insistent about detail like the twin feline gamseters, Harry and Theo Houdini) it will probably be a lot of fun, but it just doesn't work for me.

Happy Holidays!

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Dec 25, 10 11:57 PM
Alas this game locked up at the very beginning. The fairy was on the flower and woke up and that is when the arrow stopped working except in some areas it was still visible, but did not function. I could not even get it to open the menu. I had to shut down the computer as it would not even respond to alt control delete. I hope I can get this fixed as it looked good.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 26, 10 12:13 AM
I'm torn on whether to buy this game. On the one hand, it's only $6.99. On the other hand, do I want to spend that money if the game is short? I got to chapter three in my demo time.

The graphics are quite beautiful. There are nice little touches and animations here and there that add to the enchanting feel of the game. I actually enjoyed the music. It reminds me of those nature sounds/calming sounds CDs. It's very relaxing. The mini-games and puzzles are very easy, though. They also seem to be variations on the same things. I agree with the other reviewers that said this game is a little too sweet. I'm playing on "normal" mode and finding the game to be really easy. Inventory items that you need to collect are usually very clear in each area. Once you get them, you don't have to stray to far to use them, either. This game is really cute and pretty enjoyable, but I'm just not too sure about it.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Dec 26, 10 12:16 AM
I bought this before the hour was up. Great graphics, story line OK. The mini-games were fairly easy, but not too bad.

I would have loved this game except for the mini-games. They got incredibly repetitious and boring. How many find the two that look alike, find the one that doesn't fit and swap/rotate the tiles can you do without going absolutely nuts? And you get to do each one 6 whole times before the mini is over. UGHHHH!!! And, as you get further into the game, you have to back seven clicks to do one thing and then return the 7 clicks to where you were. I could live with that, but the mini-games are making me nuts. I may not finish the game - and that would be a first.

But - if you want a really long game, this is it. The mini-games make it last forever.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 12:17:58 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 26, 10 12:17 AM
Great game, nice to have a decent HOG for a change (been a bit thin on the ground lately) Love how many puzzles there are. For wife and myself, it's mainly the puzzles that make these games, hidden objects are fine but bring on the puzzles.
Oh, and Happy Christmas and a happy new year to all, God bless us, every one.

Go to: