barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 7:14 AM
This game is a FARCE. I can't believe Play First would release such a game and am shocked that Big Fish is offering it. I thought they reviewed each game before offering it? It was a waste of my download time. Tried to find the amber gem. I couldn't even find the piece after the hint showed me the area!!!! That's so sad.

I'm disappointed in the game, Play First and Big Fish for offering a HOG game where the hidden objects remain hidden because no one can ever find them.

I see that people who beta tested the game also told them about this problem and they never fixed it. Makes me wonder if beta testing is just for advertising purposes and not for really testing a game since they paid no heed to the advice.

It's also sad because this week there are so many people out of school and work just looking for amusement and this is our offering? If I were in promotions I'd have save the best games for this week.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 7:17:16 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 28, 10 7:27 AM
It's a pretty game, but as others have mentioned, the objects are just too hard to spot. I found myself using the hint button more and waiting for it to recharge. Only once or twice did I think that I should have seen the object. Oh, well. Life goes on.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 28, 10 7:39 AM
I played the demo for the full hour.

Pros: The graphics and artwork are beautiful for the most part. There were a few distorted looking people in some of the opening scenes, but for the most part the graphics are good. You can use the custom cursor or not, however, using the standard system cursor will not allow you to know what you can look at, pick up, etc. The storyline is interesting and seems to continue developing through the game. The puzzles I encountered were very easy. The fragmented objects were well hidden and once I adjusted the gamma and contrast on my monitor I had no trouble whatsoever finding any of them. Required no hints. It's a nice game and whereas I didn't love it, I also didn't hate it. I found it entertaining, but since I got through most of it in the demo, I don't feel compelled to purchase.

Cons: The game play is not smooth. Going between the scenes is easy enough, however, the dialogue screen changing between character conversation is choppy and disorienting. Use of the inventory items is also very clumsy with having to wait between placing objects. The dialogue text seems to be somewhat stilted which makes the character speech seem rather absurd at times. In the hour's time, using no hints and no walkthrough and no skips, I finished six of the levels, so I assume total game play time for me would be around 1.5 to 1.75 hours.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 7:40:23 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 28, 10 7:39 AM
Well, after playing the whole hour of the demo, I must say that the objects seem even harder to find than they were in the beta! I, too, wonder why they bother to beta test a game if nothing has changed - the game runs OK, no issues there, but it is unplayable! At least half the objects or parts of objects can't be seen even after I use the hint, and I have a large monitor. It isn't the size, it's that the color and texture of the objects are exactly like the background.

I won't pay full price for this game, but the storyline is interesting so I might buy it if there is a good New Year's sale (hint, hint!!) I just feel like I wasted half of my demo time waiting for the hint to refill, so that I could blindly click in that area to obtain the piece that still wasn't visible. There's nothing quite like looking for a piece of a rock guy ON a rocky cave wall, or a piece of branch ON a tree, to really raise the frustration level.

ETA: Textrekkie, can you give directions on how to change the gamma and contrast, so I can give it a try? I've never had to on any game, but I am curious to see how it can make such a difference that you wouldn't have to use any hints. I've only done adjustments to my monitor when it is built into the game, and if it makes this game playable it might be worth the bother.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 7:45:57 AM PST

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Dec 28, 10 7:56 AM
I beta tested this game about 2 weeks ago. I could not find anything either. I have good vision and still could not see the pieces of objects that I needed to find. From the reviews posted, it sounds like they didn't resolve this issue. I knew when I was testing it that I wouldn't even want to demo it when it came out. It's just not fun when you have to lean into the monitor trying desperately to see what your looking for then having to use a hint and still not being able to see it. Sorry, no buy for me.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 8:08 AM
Add this game to the list of "Worst games for 2010".

Dragonella
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Dragonella on Dec 28, 10 8:08 AM
Not worth the bother! Hidden objects impossible to find without the hint. Then not obvious what to do with them once found. Tedious to the extreme.

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Dec 28, 10 8:20 AM
After reading the reviews, I thought it couldn't really be that bad.

Well, I lasted 10 minutes! Worst game ever!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 28, 10 8:28 AM
Once I got out of the cave I didn't need any more hints. I liked some of the puzzles.

[Post New]by wingnuts0915 on Dec 28, 10 8:34 AM
Awful.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Dec 28, 10 8:42 AM
Thanks fishes..you guys did the work so I don't have too..I could barely see objects in Return to Ravenhurst so I won't attempt to download this one..!

[Post New]by Bumpinsracin on Dec 28, 10 8:46 AM
I agree with the others. I had to use the hint button for virtually everything in the little time I played the game. The ****'s were virtually impossible to find and I didn't really have a clear idea of what it was I was supposed to be doing. I quit as soon as I unlocked the green man and uninstalled the game. Very disappointing.

Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by mrswms on Dec 28, 10 8:50 AM
What a frustrating game! I feel like I just wasted an hour clicking on shadows. This one will definately go in my "Hated It' column.

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Dec 28, 10 8:57 AM
Totally agree with Casual gran... could not find a thing and had to use the hint button all the time. gave up after 15 mins. So disappointed as it sounded such a promising game.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Dec 28, 10 9:16 AM
Hugh FAIL.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 28, 10 9:53 AM
mhatfie wrote:Add this game to the list of "Worst games for 2010".

Even though it barely made it under the wire for being eligible into the "worst games of" for 2010 award.....there's a very good chance it has a distinct possibly of burying the rest of the entrants by a landslide!
Dr.good
p.s. IMO you have executed a great C & R mhatfie! Keep up the "good" fight!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 10:08 AM
doctorgood wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Add this game to the list of "Worst games for 2010".

Even though it barely made it under the wire for being eligible into the "worst games of" for 2010 award.....there's a very good chance it has a distinct possibly of burying the rest of the entrants by a landslide!
Dr.good
p.s. IMO you have executed a great C & R mhatfie! Keep up the "good" fight!!

If we're lucky the landslide will bury it for eternity.

Thanks Dr. "Good"

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Dec 28, 10 10:37 AM
I like the game even though it is hard to find the items and I do have to use my hint button more than I like. I am stuck right now trying to fill the coconut with the second helping of water. If anyone knows how, please help me out as there is no walkthrough.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Dec 28, 10 10:39 AM
I have to agree with the super-majority here. Even with the magnifying glass that was recommended, the objects were still hidden. Can't justify buying it even though I need only one game to fill another game card. Hope to find something before the end of the month. Please BF give me a great game to fill that last line on the card.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 10:43:16 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 28, 10 10:41 AM
I need to agree with the majority. The game is not really good - graphic is okay, a little bit fuzzy, but items are almost impossible to see - I have used very often a hint in my trial time. The minigames are very boring and dull. Definete no buy

Go to: