Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edit

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Dec 30, 10 4:43 AM
When I first saw this game I thought it might not be my cup of tea, but boy was I wrong. Within 10 minutes of playing I could tell this would be a great game. The graphics are beautiful and I love all of the puzzles. The developers of this game have got it just right - they deserve a very big pat on the the back!

I played about 3/4 of an hour and finished Chapter 1, and there are 8 Chapters, so I think the game will be a decent length.

It will be a definite buy for me. 10 out of 10.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edit

[Post New]by MURPHY on Dec 30, 10 4:59 AM
I can't wait to try it , but it will have to be later today - too much to do this morning.

Happy New Year to all the fishes in the pond

[Post New]by Ajojuly1 on Dec 30, 10 5:16 AM
[b]very slow going, not enough hidden object spots, so far dissappointed

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edi

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 30, 10 5:22 AM
Kelvarda wrote:MUST WAIT!!!. I must wait for this one cos:

I'm at my download limit for this month - MUST WAIT!!....Oh DEAR. This one sounds absolutely brilliant.....Can't wait to try it...MUST WAIT!!! oh my - what a predicament to be in. Still got 2 days to go - how will I ever last.(especially after reading these reviews)..

I'll have to take up knitting, or singing or drinking or something....I know. .I'll play some older games again (rushes of muttering MUST WAIT....MUST WAIT...must wait...mmm.....that is going VERY SLOWLY...

.......and waiting and waiting.
READY, STEADY GO............................... First New Year resolution gone, the winner is.... Kelvarda

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 30, 10 5:38 AM
From the reviews thus far, this sounds like a winner for me! I haven't yet tried the free trial but will be doing so very soon. I prefer games without too many hidden object scenes and do like the figuring out what I need to do to get to the next point in the game...I don't even mind wandering back and forth or going back several scenes to accomplish something in order to move forward in the game. (Makes the game last longer for me!) My only dilemma is: Do I order it now and not quite fill a punch card (and have to order a "cheapie" to fill the card) or wait until next month and start a new card? I do wish the punches could "roll over" so if a CE put punches over the limit on the current card the extra ones could go on the next card (for the next month). For me, I would probably purchase more games if this were the case - I don't like losing the punches on the card.

Now, on to struggling through the rest of Mortlake Mansion (I like to finish what I start even though I wish I had not bought M.M.) so I can play the free trial of this one!!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 30, 10 6:55 AM
Thie graphics are beautiful and wonderfully crisp. The gameplay has some HOG, as well as interactive HOG, and puzzles galore. This is a wonderful game that is engrossing: I was stunned when the demo ended.The music is lovely and faintly haunting. Truly a joy to play. Huge thank you to the creators!

This game is an A++.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 30, 10 7:25 AM
I thought the game was beautiful but found the puzzles to be too easy. I have 23 minutes left to play and I have already started Chapter 2. I have not skipped any puzzles or used the hint button.

I like a game that provides a bit more challenge, at least 1 puzzle where I get frustrated or promise myself that I will figure it out - no matter what.

I will finish out the hour demo, but unless things get a bit harder, this will be a no-buy for me.

Looking foward to wonderful games in 2011!

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Dec 30, 10 7:45 AM
hi fishes this is a super game has lots &lots of puzzles the art work is great you have to stop & thinkwhat to do .the s g is one of the best yet you can go right to the chapterthen scroll each as you need to .then go back to contents &click back then your back in your game i also like the noocult in this gameyou dont need it these are just a few of the goood things about it wellllll worth the ce price i dont give 5 stars very often.this is one of the few 5 keep up the greatgames boom zap its nice to see this kind of well done game it will keep you gussing have fun &a great day fishes

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 30, 10 7:54 AM
Finally, finished the hour. I am either getiing really good at these games, or I am finding that there is too much handholding in this one. After the last 2 TGT's maybe it is the latter. I really, really wish that there was a choice of hard or easy. I did think that I had chosen an option somewhere I like others am in the second chapter before the demo was finished. It still looks like a long game though. I like the fact that when an area is finished it does not keep giving you access, (like yesterdays ship kept telling you there was too much junk to get through ) I also applaud the fact that the devs let you read what is in the inventory.
From what the dev has said in this forum, the bonus play will make it worth the CE price. We can only wait to see..........................................
A Very Happy New Year again to you all.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edi

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 30, 10 7:56 AM
LoveYa24 wrote:I thought the game was beautiful but found the puzzles to be too easy. I have 23 minutes left to play and I have already started Chapter 2. I have not skipped any puzzles or used the hint button.

I like a game that provides a bit more challenge, at least 1 puzzle where I get frustrated or promise myself that I will figure it out - no matter what.
I will finish out the hour demo, but unless things get a bit harder, this will be a no-buy for me.

Looking foward to wonderful games in 2011!

My sentiments exactly

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 30, 10 7:57 AM
Will wait till next month for this must buy. I agree it is not a true HOG but the story line looks good and the puzzles are not too hard. The length appears to be fairly long from the guide. Happy New Year to all Fishies.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 7:59:18 AM PST

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Dec 30, 10 8:17 AM
I have to say that I knew it was a great game, just signing into the forum, without even looking at any of the posts, I could tell it was going to be a crowd pleaser!

Is she a seer you might ask??? No, I simply noticed that there was very little posting about this game considering how long it's been up.

By now, if it was a stinker, there would be 5 -6 pages of comment in several topics. Instead we are all busy (and happy) playing the game!! A great comment in itself.

I have to agree with all the other posters here - Well done!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Dec 30, 10 8:17 AM
I got a little worried when I read about it being more of an adventure game than a hidden object game. I've purchased three adventure games and couldnt finish any of them. Howver, my worries seemed to have been for noting. I actually played the full demo, which is rare. I hadnt had to use a single hint or skip a puzzle yet. That makes me happy.

I will purchase this CE, but it will have to wait until next month. I only have 2 punches on my December punch card, and unless tomorrow's game is worth purchasing, it will be a waste of a punch card...and if tomorrow's game is worth purchasing then I will have four punches on my January punch card early in the month

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 30, 10 8:27 AM
I am on my own today it seems ...I thought the story was to lame !!!! took me 10 min..to bore me to death !!!! Sorry...not for me ..But Cheers...anyway

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 30, 10 8:28 AM
I am liking the demo well enough but think that the game is a bit on the easy side at least when compared to what I am used to seeing in a CE game. The graphics are nice enough and so far no overly dark scenes. The mini games are very, very easy so far. I think I saw "brilliant" mentioned in an earlier thread and I personally would not go that far when describing this game but it is definitely enjoyable enough to play. At least the mini games so far are not the standard fare you see in so many other games that are released these days. I would not categorize this as an IHOG. I finally got an actual HOG scene early in the second chapter. It is more of what I call an Adventure lite game. Meaning, it is along the lines of an adventure game but i am actually able to play it and I am normally Adventure game challenged (the LFAs anyway)!

it is nice to see a game I like offered today though. I did not enjoy the last two TGTs enough to even finish the demos.

i want to wish all of my fellow BFGamers a very Happy and Safe New Year filled with good health and good fortune!!

shadowfax

ETA: Finished demo and a few changes to post: The mini games are way too easy and I really don't much like "paint by numbers" mini games (time fillers in my book), I will definitely wait for the SE of this game and the cursor penalty (for not very much clicking in an adventure type game!!) is just plain maddening!! Fairly good game but very easy is my summary... Happy gaming everyone.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 10:34:24 AM PST

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Dec 30, 10 9:13 AM
I am downloading the trial now.. will comment later. Has anyone heard anything about Casualgran? I miss her comments and wonder if she is ok.. seems she hasn't been posting lately.... anyone?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 30, 10 9:27 AM

Wow!
I haven't bought a CE for a very long time but, after only the first 20 minutes of the demo, I'm hooked!

I bought it and love it!!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 30, 10 9:27 AM
Wow!
I haven't bought a CE for a very long time but, after only the first 20 minutes of the demo, I'm hooked!

I bought it and love it!!!

P.S. sorry for the ditto - the "post reply" button was a bit slow and so I pressed it twice - in a hurry to get back to the game.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 9:29:39 AM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 30, 10 10:15 AM
I enjoyed playing the game. There was a bit more handholding than I would like, but that will be OK with me. I also don't mind mini games that are a bit easy, since I prefer a sense of accomplishment and getting farther in the game over frustration and getting stuck.
I have already informed DH that I will be buying 2 CEs and filling up a punchcard on Jan. 1 to start off 2011.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 30, 10 10:20 AM
I got a little late start this am as I went for my 5 mile walk and was enjoying the (Calif.) blue sky albeit cold. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised to find this game this morning. Lots of good reviews (from the pros,) who I trust implicitly so I will probably buy (who am I kidding, I will buy). My willpower on a scale of 1-10.........is 0.

Go to: