SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 31, 10 6:52 AM
I enjoyed my demo on this game, lovely graphics & I like the tasks as they were not too difficult for me which is often the case in an adventure game, yes I know it is listed as a H0G but it is more of an adventure scenario. It took me a long time to get myself oriented into the game as there are no hints as to what to do so I just walked around & clicked on any likely looking object.

It also took me a while to get used to the ‘flux’ objects, when the watch flickered to indicate a ‘flux’ object I was confused as to what to do at first but soon got the hang of it.
Have to agree with goofyduck the bottom of the screen was too cluttered, the watch did not need to be so large.

I like this game & it is a definite purchase with my last coupon.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Dec 31, 10 7:00 AM
This one is not for me! Too much like work and not enough fun! Found myself constantly using the hint and the blog and when I do that...I scratch it off my list of games to buy. I like games that I can figure out or I'm intrigued enough to want to keep searching for the solution. This game was frustrating even with the hints and the clock and the blog....too much stuff to have to consult along with the coal and diamonds and having to buy stuff....YUCK! No enjoyment whatsoever! Maybe I'll have better luck next time but the past 2 games have been a no go for me.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 31, 10 7:07 AM
I really like this game. I have 25 minutes left and am planning on buying it.

Everything is so different about this game - the premise, the tasks, the mini-games. I really have enjoyed the mini-games in the toy shop because those are actual games one would find in a toy shop. I also like the coal converter in the workshop.

I have not used the walkthrough but I did use the hint button once. I have not found the game too hard or too easy.

I'm so excited I have a new game to play. Happy last day of the year!

I wanted to add that I like the fact that there are Achievements in the game and no sparkles telling you where and what to do. After a little bit, the different pieces of diamond and coal will give off a small sparkle, but compared to the hand-holding in a lot of games, this was much better. And some of the conversation was actually very funny!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 8:54:00 AM PST

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Dec 31, 10 7:15 AM
nightmusk wrote:its a no buy for me too
just coulnt make sense of it at all
i usually like these type of games too
uninstalled after 15 mins

THE EXACT SAME HERE!!!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 31, 10 7:20 AM
I REALLY wish I could play this game!!!!
I had to download it twice to get it to work at all, the first time around I would only get a black windowed screen that kept minimizing itself,the second time around I got it to play but only in windowed mode, fullsize screen made the program go bonkers and moved it to my second screen.
Once I was in the toy emporium and clicked on the triangular puzzle on the table my cursor in the game disappeared all together. It worked fine outside that window but would not show up in the game anymore.
I had to keep shutting down the program to get it halfway back to "normal" so at least something would work.

I'm sooo disappointed!!!!!!
The graphics in this game are so well done, the story - as far as I got - was pretty good, I wish though they put more more instructions into the game and the hint button would show me more than the coals and the diamonds. I'm not quite adventure game proof. And don't ask how many coals and diamonds I overlooked.

I was so looking forward to playing this and it turned into a bonafied toaster.....
Just burst my little bubble.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 31, 10 7:23 AM
It looks like a game that is a bit different, which is a plus but the girl's fake English accent really puts me off. I can't stand her voice. Nothing is worse than a fake accent. Why the developers think English accents are desirable is beyond me.
The guys voice is American. Voices are important in a game because they are your personna and you hear it throughout the game and it will drive you mad if not a good one.

My biggest problem with the game besides the fake accent is that they don't hint where the object is. I know pretty well what a broom looks like I want to know where the heck it is. If you are in a hidden object scene and you can't find something... the game is finished for you because you cannot move on. Therefore, this is not a buy for me. If I bought the game and got stuck in a HOG scene... I wouldn't be able to finish the game and that would really be a shame. Can't take the chance.
Sorry, I think the developers ruined this game by doing that.

The coal and diamonds are very small to spot, especially the coal pieces because they sometimes mix into the backgrounds.

I think the two main reasons I won't buy it are the girl's voice and the hint system.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 8:21:58 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 31, 10 8:11 AM

I really didn't want to buy another game today - last day of the month (year)and all - but I loved the demo, didn't mind the voices at all (actually like them) and I'm enjoying the story, graphics and gameplay.

So, happilly bought the game and I'm off now to continue the fun!

Happy New Year, all fishies!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 31, 10 8:29 AM
I'm loving this demo. It is an adventure with a few HOG scenes. As others have said you collect diamonds and coal along the way for use later in game. The English accent is fine to me - I'm English (or rather Welsh) and it is definitely not fake - just a bit posh.
I love the premise of the watch having different abilities = this is almost like a RPG in that aspect.

It will be a definite buy for me in New Year.

PS - a bit of a spoiler - the coal pieces sparkle a bit if you have problems finding them.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 31, 10 8:36 AM
I love the look of the game. I agree the hint system is lacking. They could have been a bit more helpful in that respect. I'm sure I've missed a lot of coal and diamonds but if necessary will consult the walkthrough to find them. All in all I'm enjoying the game a lot and have already purchased it. I tend to bumble around so I'm sure it will take awhile for me.

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on Dec 31, 10 8:40 AM
The girl's fake English accent doesn't bother me nearly as much as her stupidity. Every time the pocket watch explains something, she says something on the order of, "What? I don't understand those big words!". I like having female characters to identify with, but I can't identify with them when they're that dumb.

I also dislike the controls in this game. It seems very difficult to figure out what you're supposed to be do and how. For example, I was in the clock tower, and my two tasks were to explore the atrium, and visit the toymaker. I kept clicking around, trying to figure out what else I was supposed to see in the atrium, and when I finally gave up and used the key to unlock the door, that task got erased.

For another example, when I had the crank and was trying to get into the park, there was no clue at all how to use the crank. I finally got that by clicking around. I don't like games that encourage me to just click on everything I can think of.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 31, 10 9:16 AM
Since I usually play with the sound off (not wanting to bother DH and kids), the bad English accent won't bother me.
I really enjoyed playing the demo. As much as I don't mind a bit of handholding and sparklies, I liked that there wasn't much of either in this game. The only thing that I'm worried about is finding all the pieces of coal and diamonds, and I hope that missing a few won't hinder my progress in the game. even if it a short game, I will be buying it in a few minutes.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 9:16:58 AM PST

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on Dec 31, 10 9:31 AM
I agree with nightmusk,it is just to confusing for me and a little frustrating too, so no buy for me

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Dec 31, 10 9:56 AM
Also, to me, very confusing and don't understand the whole premise. Click on this, click on that and maybe something is useful but who knows!!!!! A no-buy for me also. Within a few minutes of a trial I know if the game is going to be interesting but this one -- definitely NOT!!!! Nothing makes any sense and I'm just roaming from place to place with no specific goal in mind as to what I need to find or do. After a few minutes into the game I found something where, I assumed I needed to solve a puzzle, but when I clicked something inadvertently I moved somewhere else and couldn't find my way back to that specific puzzle if that was what is was. Games need a storyline with an outline of the game's goal and what you need to do to solve that goal. This one has nothing like that except arrows all over the place -- try this area and try that area.

Kept seeing the sparkling areas for coals, etc. but what was the purpose and the hint system for help is absolutely useless. Thanks, but no thanks!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE FORUM FISHES AND MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REVIEWS DURING THE PAST YEAR!!!!!!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 10:24:03 AM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Dec 31, 10 9:56 AM
Lasted for a very short time. I didn't like the hint system at all. When you can't see the objects ,showing their shape is of no use unless the location is also given when needed, or there is no misclick penalty so one can hopefully find the item randomly. As none of these criteria apply and I do not wish to spend the last day of the year swearing at my computer I'll pass.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 31, 10 9:58 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to "ALL"

Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS

I am going to buy THE GAME SAT or SUNDAY

I have already 2 full Punch Cards....So I buy a CE & THIS one it will give me "4"
WHAT a way to start off the New Year

LOVE THE GAME

THANKS GOOOFY & CHER

Happy Gaming

PEN

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Dec 31, 10 10:01 AM
bribling wrote:Great graphics and quirky game play make this an interesting game. I am stuck though at the Toy Shop and have no clue how to reverse the fire. Clicking on the watch doesn't help, nor does clicking on the Hints. It may take me a while to figure this out but i will keep at it until the hour ends or the WT is ready. Can't say yet if I will buy or know. It is interesting and a bit different.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Dec 31, 10 10:04 AM
Just got out of that one; you need to have all the gears for the pocket watch so it glimmers and can be used; there is a gear just past the bridge and another on the sign post; once you set the gears in the watch you will be able to use it; click all the way to the left on the bar once it comes up after that pick up the stick that's on fire and melt the snow to the general store to buy the hose for the hydrant.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Dec 31, 10 10:08 AM
no sale for me..did not like it..too child like..like a good who done it story..Have a safe and happy new year everyone

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Dec 31, 10 10:26 AM
Frustrating from the beginning. Would not cover my screen and when I clicked full screen option, it began blinking rapidly and I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out. After doing this twice, I kept the screen it gave me and was able to hit play. The game was hard work...not fun at all to me and I love adventure type games with no hand holding. But this one aggravated me. Was never able to use the map to go from one place to another, and thought I would never get the ax to go back into the inventory slot. Just...blah and bleh.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 31, 10 10:53 AM
I'm bouncing between enjoying it and being frustrated with it. The coal and diamonds in particular are too small, however if I use the Hint button they are too easy to pick up. I do like the various minigames, but it sure would help if there were more instructions on how to play them or what to do with them. Some of them have instructions, but the one I'm stuck on at the moment doesn't. I'd rather not resort to the walk through but I guess I have to.

I do very much enjoy the humor, and the main character's accent. I wonder if this is the same voice actor that did the main character in Clockwork Man?

Go to: