karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Post any Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 5:59 PM
I was going to leave this issue alone but I cannot get past 15 mins of the demo time. The 'Watch' just does not work for me.
Yes, all of my 'thingys' are updated and I have tried to follow the w/t step by step (something that I hate doing) but I'm going nowhere.
I just wish that games offered for sale where thoroughly tested.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 31, 10 9:15 PM
lisam63 wrote:
muesliriegel wrote:I have a serious prob with starting this game - it shuts down all running programmes and restarts my laptop everytime I try to play. Every kind of driver is updated and this prob never happened so far with any other kind of game.

Could you pls have a look into this? Thanks.

i am having the same problem too
altho i am on my home desktop not a laptop. also when it automatically rebooted it ran a disk check..as if my pc shut down improperly...
the last time i tried the game i lost my internet connection too..dunno if that was a coincidence or not ??

And me. I updated my graphics drivers and reinstalled the game but no go, it might play, it might not but usually reboots my PC when I close the game, occasionally when opening it. Shame, it looked quite a nice game but I can't be bothered with the hassle so now it's uninstalled.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 9:29 PM
Are you listening ? More than a few fishies are now getting to the fact that you are taking the carp! Games don't work = get a refund. Sorry, I do not want a refund but the game that I chose to work. If you go to the makers of the game site then the trial works with no apparent glitches.
Hmmm.... Maybe it's just me.....

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 31, 10 10:09 PM
Looked good to begin with but won't be buying it as when I pick up items, I can't get rid of them by either right or left clicking. Makes me irritated so have to exit out of the game by ALT + Tab and then closing the tab on the bottom of my screen. Then when I go back in, the item I picked up is gone.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Jan 1, 11 7:01 AM
I really like this game but three times now my screen has frozen (in different areas of the game) and I cannot do anything other than reboot my computer. It saves my progress when I go back into the game, but this is pretty frustrating when you are playing along and all of a sudden everything freezes!

Seems to be quite a number of glitches with this one from what I have read.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Jan 1, 11 8:21 AM
I can't get passed the "powered by Nymph" screen. I have no idea what this game is even about. So very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

Aardy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Aardy on Jan 1, 11 8:56 AM
lyn58 wrote:I can't get passed the "powered by Nymph" screen. I have no idea what this game is even about. So very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

Yep - that's as far as I get too. Launch game, get the Nymph - "Failed to initialize COM security object" message.

First time I've had a problem with actually running a Big Fish game.

[Post New]by evansmommy on Jan 1, 11 9:07 AM
I was really enjoying this game until...... I was at the Museum. Clicked on the lock and the entire game shut down. Just shut itself down. I thought, oh well, and reopened the game. MY GAME IS LOST! The game erased my profile and now I have to start all over again. I've never ever had an issue like this before. What gives? This sucks.....

[Post New]by suzypen on Jan 1, 11 10:35 AM
Just picked up the dandelions and got booted out. I opened the game again and had to start all over again. I think there should be a fix coming in the need future.

crljncrl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by crljncrl on Jan 1, 11 10:57 AM
jobynana wrote:No problems with the download or running - although again, I would really wish this game offered Wide screen without me having to change my overall screen settings!

However, I think I may have found a glitch in a museum puzzle. It is the carving which is a mosaic slide type. I've put all the missing pieces in and the puzzle starts (with instructions and the skip generation), however, if one doesn't click precisely on the arrows when they highlight - (and they are very small indeed), you are taken back out of the puzzle and when you go back in, it has reset. At 1st I thought it was because the pocket watch was buzzing and wanted me to find the diamond gear in the area, so I did that, but still having the same problem. If I wasn't supposed to do that game at this point, then it shouldn't allow me to, so assume it is a glitch. Very very annoying, am about to copy this into an email and submit a ticket for it.

ETA, although must say, I was very much enjoying the game!

Yes, I had this same problem, and finally had to skip the puzzle.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Jan 1, 11 12:20 PM
Can't even get started. This is the message I get: Failed to initialize COM security object. I tried twice, but this is all I get. The game won't even open. Help!!

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Jan 1, 11 12:33 PM
I would like to know if anyone else is having a problem saving this game. As this has been an issue a number of times before, I always check with the trial version before buying. Unfortunately, this is an issue with this game - whenever I reload the game, my profile name and progress has disappeared.

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Jan 1, 11 12:42 PM
I went to give the toymaker his dandelion tea and the game shut down completely. When I went back in, my player profile and all saved game info was gone so if I wanted to continue, I'd have replay the whole thing. I doubt I wll, because I'd be really annoyed if the same thing happened again when I got to that spot!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 1, 11 1:13 PM
same thing happened to me jester, i asked for a refund,,i am not willing to replay the whole game all over again

btw mine happened when i went to board the train, got "nymph has stopped working " msg, then when i restarted all saved info was gone

Edited on 01/01/2011 at 1:15:06 PM PST

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Jan 1, 11 1:21 PM
Micha1234 wrote:I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

This is the same issue I am having with the game. Just minimizes itself and goes into a black screen. Won't run properly.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 1, 11 2:07 PM
leboyd170 wrote:
Micha1234 wrote:I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

This is the same issue I am having with the game. Just minimizes itself and goes into a black screen. Won't run properly.

leboyd170
I don't know if you saw my second post, too, I got it to play - somewhat - eventually, closing all other windows I had open.

But I eventually lost my cursor in the game..........

iJane
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by iJane on Jan 1, 11 7:50 PM
I was playing the game it all worked fine I got up to the train and the game closed down and deleted my profile and I have to start again what is with that.

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Jan 1, 11 10:34 PM
I got to the memorial park, clicked on the axe and couldn't get the cursor to change back - so couldn't navigate, Couldn't even exit as it would not accept "mouse down" events - will be deleting.

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on Jan 2, 11 3:04 AM
New laptop, Windows 7, all drivers and OS up-to-date.

Likewise, this game has crashed twice for me. The music will stick like a broken record, the cursor disappears, and my computer is frozen. You can't force a quit, can't Alt-Tab out of it, can't even bring up the Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

I consider any application that doesn't simply quit to the OS when it encounters a problem to be a bad app, not a release candidate period. It means there is some serious uncaught exception somewhere. An app that dumps core like this forces a messy system shutdown, and that is really Not A Good Idea. So long, Lost in Time.

Looks like this isn't the only game that's been reported recently for this behavior. Someone somewhere (at BFG's QA department, we hope) needs to piece together some of these random reports and see if you can figure out which piece of underlying software is the nasty child.

To those having problems opening / game minimizes itself on opening / black screen on opening: if you've updated your drivers and it's still happening, then it's a memory issue. Usually if you quit everything else (especially memory hogs like browsers) you can run the game at least in windowed mode. Occasionally I can get away with just clicking the close button on Firefox, which brings up a dialog that asks if I really want to quit. I don't actually quit, I just leave the dialog and run the game, and often that works.

Tarlyna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tarlyna on Jan 2, 11 6:07 PM
I am beyond irritated. I went and almost finished this game and suddenly it froze and after closing and rebooting I start it back up and I have lost everything.....everything. I am supposed to start from the get go. No thanks. I have had crash after crash and freezing and and and....I am bummed because I was very much liking the game. But, I am going to be asking for a game credit or money back or something. :o(

Go to: